mark the shark is offline Find More Posts by mark the shark
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:03 PM
Aguascalientes Mexico
Joined Dec 2007
54 Posts
Looks very nice

Same screen as cyclops but with RTH

The only concern is "English menu is coming soon" ???

Mauricio
msanche is offline Find More Posts by msanche
Old Nov 29, 2011, 07:40 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
Yeh, just noticed it Mark. I have the CEOSD from the same company and have not had any problems with it. I'd like to read the manual first. Cant even find a non-english copy. Might have to wait and see. Seems the price is good for a RTH unit.

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:00 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,434 Posts
After seeing this, I really wish I had waited to get an OSD. I got the regular CE OSD for my birthday, though I can't even use it at the moment because I'm waiting on a replacement main board because the first one had a faulty GPS connector. Sent it back to China two weeks ago, and hopefully I should get that back in another month or so. Kind of sucks having to wait two months to exchange it before I can even use the OSD I already have.

But dang, now I see that for just $30 more I could have gotten one with RTH! I'm gonna have to get one of these eventually, but for now it will have to wait. In the demo video they show it looks like it works great.
prelator is online now Find More Posts by prelator
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Darwen
Joined Aug 2007
428 Posts
prelator I'm in the same boat I bought the ceosd off bevrc. had it two weeks and now it doesn't work I emailed bevrc two weeks ago but no response as yet I believe they are changing there site and email over so that could be the reason. but I do like the look of this new one but I will hold off until the English manual is online and bevrc customer aftercare. gets a welcome boost ...
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:16 AM
FPV Browncoat
Joined Mar 2011
1,434 Posts
They've actually been pretty responsive to my emails, which surprised me based on what I'd heard about the quality of their service. It's kind of confusing getting in touch with them though, since they list two different emails on their site and then they also have a web contact form. Their replies have always come from bird.eye.view@hotmail.com so I think that's their main address. They're kind of funny--I think they've heard people's complaints about them not replying so now every email they send starts with "sorry for the late reply," even if they actually reply within 24 hours of my inquiry which I consider pretty reasonable.

And yeah, it was kind of annoying with this thing. The GPS connector on the main board had a loose pin in it. Everything always worked fine on the ground, but vibration in flight would cause the GPS to lose contact with the OSD and the OSD text would either freeze or get all garbled with gibberish characters. When I tried to re-seat the GPS connector, the loose pin bent sideways in the connector and then broke off when I tried to straighten it. I sure hope the replacement works better.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 03:41 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,993 Posts
Man that looks hot !. A cheap RTH OSD !.
I also had one of the CEOSD going down on me and they replaced it with no quibbles.
the only thing I recommend it that you send the faulty unit with a tracker on it or at best through registered post.
at first they denied receiving the parcel but when I told them that Mr postman said it was delivered, they suddenly found the parcel.
I had 2 claims with them both honoured but they could not find the parcel until i demonstrated it has been delivered.

this said, I am happy with the product and their service. remember, this is a different culture what we are talking about
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:26 AM
Joined Aug 2007
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
Man that looks hot !. A cheap RTH OSD !.
I also had one of the CEOSD going down on me and they replaced it with no quibbles.
the only thing I recommend it that you send the faulty unit with a tracker on it or at best through registered post.
at first they denied receiving the parcel but when I told them that Mr postman said it was delivered, they suddenly found the parcel.
I had 2 claims with them both honoured but they could not find the parcel until i demonstrated it has been delivered.

this said, I am happy with the product and their service. remember, this is a different culture what we are talking about
THANKS BERNHART..yup your right thats the british impateience in me lol..working in sale smy self i only no one speed and thats fast ..but back on topic im keen to try one and test..
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:27 AM
Joined Aug 2007
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
They've actually been pretty responsive to my emails, which surprised me based on what I'd heard about the quality of their service. It's kind of confusing getting in touch with them though, since they list two different emails on their site and then they also have a web contact form. Their replies have always come from bird.eye.view@hotmail.com so I think that's their main address. They're kind of funny--I think they've heard people's complaints about them not replying so now every email they send starts with "sorry for the late reply," even if they actually reply within 24 hours of my inquiry which I consider pretty reasonable.

And yeah, it was kind of annoying with this thing. The GPS connector on the main board had a loose pin in it. Everything always worked fine on the ground, but vibration in flight would cause the GPS to lose contact with the OSD and the OSD text would either freeze or get all garbled with gibberish characters. When I tried to re-seat the GPS connector, the loose pin bent sideways in the connector and then broke off when I tried to straighten it. I sure hope the replacement works better.
many thnaks i wll try that hopefully they respond im aware therre all up in the air at the moment though so i will wait ..thanks again mate..
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:55 AM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
Fly in a sunny but windy day (5 min 31 sec)
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:44 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
5,993 Posts
more! more!
how to setup? screen shots of the configuration menus (in english?) aaah ! I want one for my cularis but I need more information about availability of understandable documentation
rcmonster99 is offline Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:49 AM
Chris R
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2009
713 Posts
Take a gamble and buy one
Cir2kuk is offline Find More Posts by Cir2kuk
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joined Aug 2007
428 Posts
he he i want i want and i cant even view the video lol
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:19 AM
Joined Aug 2007
428 Posts
patience dear mr monster lol
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:21 AM
FPV Browncoat
Joined Mar 2011
1,434 Posts
Here's the same video from BevRC on Vimeo, if you can't view it because of the copyright block on the song:

Fly in a sunny but windy day (5 min 31 sec)