HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:02 AM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
47 Posts
Just to report: 3 of tailfin anchoring struts came off my plane even before any flying had taken place! Had to glue them back on tight. Looks like this is a common issue.
kilotango is offline Find More Posts by kilotango
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 01:32 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,038 Posts
kilotango, just curious, where did you get your pitts from? I've been eyeing this one for a while now.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Sep 03, 2012, 03:04 AM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2012
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
kilotango, just curious, where did you get your pitts from? I've been eyeing this one for a while now.
oh hi!

I bought it NIB from a seller who had other 3D foamies..

I put a wtb ad in daddyhobby. There's another guy who offered to sell me his NIB too. PM me if you want the number. cheers!
kilotango is offline Find More Posts by kilotango
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:25 AM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts

yes, I know the logo is not correct - it's the free one posted here as an attachment.

yes, I know the top of the wing logo the snake should be facing left. they printed the wrong one. but hey it works.

note: I painted the wing struts yellow.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
Hello all, wonderful thread and wonderful plane! Although I have not experienced any of the problems that some are reporting, I would like to start these mods before I do.

1st mod would be adding a battery strap. Where do I buy the holders for the battery strap and is there any guides on how to install the holders and necessary strap to keep the battery from flying out?
OK so...I didn't find the time to do any of the mods before I took my Peaks out for another round of batts....

Things started shaking violently and the battery hatch flew off! Cut the engine and floated her in for inspection....

Lost two tail stabilizer rods but didn't see what the cause of the vibrations...

Took her home and blue thread-locked all of the motor screws...bought some 1.8mm CF rods to replace the tail stabilizers...

Took her back out and she sounded horrible and once again the battery hatch flew off....

OH that's right! They said that I had to put some 1/4inch plywood behind the fire-wall and secure with screws and epoxy the crap out of it!...

After I did this. I took her back out and she flew like she did day one and I was happy! So I started in with practicing my amateur 3D moves and noticed I had no rudder control...

Now thinking I should have knocked on wood when I said the above quoted statement...

Waiting on 2 HT HS82MGs
Caught Hell with the prop adapter so buying the Great Planes replacement
Might as well get a couple of APC 13X6.5 Props
OK add the Great Planes Spinner to the cart as well...

Ummm now that's $65 added to the cost of this plane! Still a good deal and worth the upgrades IMHO.
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNadMan View Post

yes, I know the logo is not correct - it's the free one posted here as an attachment.

yes, I know the top of the wing logo the snake should be facing left. they printed the wrong one. but hey it works.

note: I painted the wing struts yellow.
Nice
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts

I loved the Original Beast! Had nothing but problems from the Beast 3D....
Notice the Dust on the Trex 450! I have been flying my P47 on 4Cells and it it the MOST fun EVER!!

Can't wait to get the Peaks up and running again!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:00 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Nov 2010
66 Posts
Replacement Battery Hatch

Well, mine seemed to be on pretty good and required substantial tugging to get out. Of course, it popped off today... after about 8 flights on the plane previously so I figured it was good to go. It went into a cornfield and is lost until a farm machine chops it to bits. So, I need a replacement. Searched the thread, but didn't see anyone identifying a source. I can buy the whole fuse for $40 or the whole kit for $100 from NP. Philip seems to only carry the cowl. Anyone see a replacement hatch somewhere? I hate to spend $40 or $100 for this single part...

I may try to carve one, but that doesn't sound like fun. Appreciate any help.

Brad
bradm5312 is offline Find More Posts by bradm5312
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm5312 View Post
Well, mine seemed to be on pretty good and required substantial tugging to get out. Of course, it popped off today... after about 8 flights on the plane previously so I figured it was good to go. It went into a cornfield and is lost until a farm machine chops it to bits. So, I need a replacement. Searched the thread, but didn't see anyone identifying a source. I can buy the whole fuse for $40 or the whole kit for $100 from NP. Philip seems to only carry the cowl. Anyone see a replacement hatch somewhere? I hate to spend $40 or $100 for this single part...

I may try to carve one, but that doesn't sound like fun. Appreciate any help.

Brad
Nitroplanes carry spare parts
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...ellow-arf.html
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:39 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
I loved the Original Beast! Had nothing but problems from the Beast 3D....
Notice the Dust on the Trex 450! I have been flying my P47 on 4Cells and it it the MOST fun EVER!!

Can't wait to get the Peaks up and running again!
NICE Fleet !
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:36 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,136 Posts
nice price
Flazo is offline Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdeth View Post
NICE Fleet !
Thx! Small but fun. My venture into the bigboy stuff only left me broke and fustrated!
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:25 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
Great thread people! My Peaks is on the way. Going to use the gallery from nose to tail for mods. Question- where can I get the Python decal set? I'm in the US. Thanks. Fly low!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Last edited by dth7; Sep 05, 2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:33 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Got my Pitts today.
All was good in the package.Looked over a few things.
There is absolutely NO way I will fly with the styrofoam hinges, especially after working them back and forth to loosen them up !
Got some Sig CA hinge material. That will keep all the control surfaces on for good and also reduce the amount of servo loading just to move the surface.
The stock collet is a JOKE and not safe in my honest opinion.
The plastic washer between the nut and the prop is questionable, and I'll probably replace it with a metal one, but the plastic piece of the collet that actually squeezes the aluminum collet to the shaft is a big No-No for me.
I had a spare collet lying around that had too small a shaft for the prop, but the piece that squeezes the motor shaft fits perfectly.
I can finger tighten the nut and it grabs the motor shaft pretty good, so I believe that when wrenched down good, I will be all set.
If any of you decide to use the stock collet setup, please keep everyone including yourself behind the prop arc when powering up.

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:12 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,224 Posts
Also received mine today.
Lost my Beast 3D in low light right at dusk, too dark to find tonight.
Was my beater so not a big deal except brick was flawless and I need it for a rebuild that is in works.

First look at kit and all seems fine.
Are the servos work using or should I just chuck them right off!

Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn