SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Be the first FlyWWI! Be the leader not the follower!
Looks like I might be.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2012, 06:41 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,281 Posts
Wait until we go to Toledo! Save that cash....
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Be the first FlyWWI! Be the leader not the follower!
+1000 on that! Go for it, dood!!
poiyt is online now Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
I plan on ordering it Friday at the earliest. So I probably won't be the first. I hope not anyway.
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I plan on ordering it Friday at the earliest. So I probably won't be the first. I hope not anyway.
So u going w/ the unpainted one?
Old Feb 05, 2012, 07:39 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Yeah probably. I'm not a fan of the painted one. That red and black is horrible for orientation on cloudy days. Plus it just looks kind of unfinished. I'm leaning toward a Red Bull scheme but haven't made up my mind yet.
Old Feb 06, 2012, 08:32 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Hey Tony,
Can you tell me if the foam on the unpainted version seems like it will except paint well. Is it slick, rough etc.?
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:49 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,059 Posts
Quote:
I like it a lot!!!! BUT enough about the Bipe......let's talk about that P-38 behind it!
The P-38 is coming soon. I can't release any more info on it due to competitors issues , but if you dig around the forums I think someone already leaked the info out on who makes it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNadMan View Post
Tony,

1st - Thanks!

2nd - are the "dynam" and other stickers already applied? or do them come sep?

3rd - please what is the other color scheme (at least the colors) that you guys came up with???

1. your welcome
2. the stickers come separately
3. the color scheme we came up with is just simple aggressive lines and checkered pattern.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Tony, we really appreciate that photo. I'm convinced. As soon as it's on the site, I'll buy one! I do have a question. If the next batch is supposed to be different, what would I do if i needed a replacement part with this coloring?
From what I have been told all replacement parts will be available for all the colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Id have to agree there...imo, nothing is more visible, blue sky or cloudy day, than bright yellow....reds and blacks, again, imo- fade quickly the further away u fly...esp when entire flts are inverted

May have to look again at painting the white one...

Hey Tony 3 q's...
a) I guess no Dynam yellow scheme forthcoming?
b) you're prob a ways off from having the NP scheme avail f/s, whatever it is?
c) if I paint my own, will NP/Dynam be selling a decal/sticker sheet for it

Thx bud
Jeff
Hey Jeff
a. There will be no yellow scheme that i know of. But if you guys want yellow I can forward the info and see if Dynam can make a yellow version.
b. From what I have been told the future batch should have the other color scheme, but no guarantee if the color scheme will be as we would like. We just have to wait to see how everything comes out.
c. The unpainted version does not come with any decals. I believe we do not have any decal sheets at available at the moment, but the spare part should be coming in soon on the second shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Hey Tony,
Can you tell me if the foam on the unpainted version seems like it will except paint well. Is it slick, rough etc.?
The foam is EPO and some paints do not stick too well to EPO. The surface is smooth with very little holes. The best paints to use is oil based paints and I have heard the Krylon spay paints work pretty good. It's all about cleaning the foam really good to remove all the oils from the mold. If you search around on the forums you can find out which paints are the best to use on EPO
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Thanks for answering those questions. As soon as the red one is on the site, I'll order it. (assuming that the price isn't much more than the unpainted)
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 06, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Hey Jeff
a. There will be no yellow scheme that i know of. But if you guys want yellow I can forward the info and see if Dynam can make a yellow version.
b. From what I have been told the future batch should have the other color scheme, but no guarantee if the color scheme will be as we would like. We just have to wait to see how everything comes out.
c. The unpainted version does not come with any decals. I believe we do not have any decal sheets at available at the moment, but the spare part should be coming in soon on the second shipment.

The foam is EPO and some paints do not stick too well to EPO. The surface is smooth with very little holes. The best paints to use is oil based paints and I have heard the Krylon spay paints work pretty good. It's all about cleaning the foam really good to remove all the oils from the mold. If you search around on the forums you can find out which paints are the best to use on EPO
Ok Tony thanks...good stuff. So if I/we wanted whatever the current painted version is, when do you think it'll be up on the NP website?? This credit card is burning a hole in my pocket!!!

And I agree with you- and likewise caution anybody painting EPO...it can get messy in a hurry. Krylon & others do work; but the hexane propellant in some rattle cans can eat foam pretty bad.

Imho, painted at the factory always looks and wears the best
Old Feb 06, 2012, 06:21 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
man i cant wait to buy this, been looking for for one like this for a while. I happen to like the red scheme which is even better. hope its up on the site soon!
crockett828 is online now Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Feb 07, 2012, 06:54 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Are you serious? $60 more for the painted version? What a disappointment!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Are you serious? $60 more for the painted version? What a disappointment!
That's the RTF version. It's actually only $129! It's a disappointment that the painted version is cheaper than the unpainted
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
That's what I get for trying to read this on my iPhone and before I had my coffee. Thanks FlyWW1! I'm ordering it right now!
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:42 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait to hear how it flies. That price seems to good to be true