HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:58 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,219 Posts
I got these, Power Servo XL-17MB on recommendation from someone in the Sbach thread. All I can say is ... WOW they are FAST with great torque.

Site says Stall Torque is ≧2.0kgf.cm (49.0 oz/in.), which is a mistake/typo so I emailed them which is correct, 2.0kgf.cm about 29oz/in or the 49oz.

No answer yet, but I have to admit these really do have some torque, so I'm leaning more towards the 49oz. Only have a couple dozen flights on em though, Seattle weather SUCKS this spring season.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:51 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,519 Posts
Wow, those look like nice servos for only $7!

If I hadn't already ordered the Hitecs I would have tried those...
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
I got these, Power Servo XL-17MB on recommendation from someone in the Sbach thread. All I can say is ... WOW they are FAST with great torque.

Site says Stall Torque is ≧2.0kgf.cm (49.0 oz/in.), which is a mistake/typo so I emailed them which is correct, 2.0kgf.cm about 29oz/in or the 49oz.

No answer yet, but I have to admit these really do have some torque, so I'm leaning more towards the 49oz. Only have a couple dozen flights on em though, Seattle weather SUCKS this spring season.
That's great news about that servo. I'm just about to put that in mine to replace the elevator servo that stripped and was a little worried about it. I also have the 9g version that I'm flying in my 48" EPP Extra with no issues yet Really is an amazing price for what you get.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Apr 17, 2012, 02:43 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Does that include shipping? There are some on eBay for $17 but there's a $3.95 shipping charge.

No it doesn't, but Hobby-Lobby (main headquarters / warehouse) is local to me and I get a small discount for being a member of one of the local clubs. I buy my parts from the dudes you see on their product boxes and website.

Got my HS-82MGs and two extensions. I'll save the 17g Detrums for some scratchbuild fun. Those 7 dollar servos look like a great deal. I'll have to remember them for another time.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:12 PM
charging batteries
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Dec 2007
55 Posts
I was FINALLY able to have an incident free flight and actually land the thing on my 3rd Flight.

First 2 flights I had a lvc during inverted flat spin and prop adapter flew off on the 2nd Just started to read this thread and will double check my motor mount and motor screws as well.
Dynam Peaks - Pitts Python Type 3D Biplane (4 min 27 sec)
skybyfly is offline Find More Posts by skybyfly
Last edited by skybyfly; Apr 17, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,021 Posts
Use Threadlock on these screws!

It may have been mentioned in this thread before but you definitely want to apply thread lock to the screws that secure the upper wing to the fuselage struts.
I was checking my plane over after the 4th flight and noticed I was missing 2 of them .
Off to Home Depot I go to see if they stock this size screw and nut.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:25 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,414 Posts
I really, Really, REALLY do not like HATE collet style prop adapters, especially on a 3D plane that's going to spend some time hanging from it. They are a pain to get straight and very easy to bend, strip or break from overtightening. If you use lock-tite, it may not come off without damaging the cowl. There seems to be no standard size to them. Every manufacturer makes theirs a different length or uses a different length compression sleeve so you might have a large gap between your spinner and cowl or they might rub.

X-style motor mounts and bolt-on prop shafts should be an option or even the standard for every motor over 350 watts. The number of stories you hear about props flying off in mid flight because of a collet style adapter is just crazy and they add yet another element of danger for people around them. I wish collets would go away.

/rant over
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:34 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
I really, Really, REALLY do not like HATE collet style prop adapters, especially on a 3D plane that's going to spend some time hanging from it. They are a pain to get straight and very easy to bend, strip or break from overtightening. If you use lock-tite, it may not come off without damaging the cowl. There seems to be no standard size to them. Every manufacturer makes theirs a different length or uses a different length compression sleeve so you might have a large gap between your spinner and cowl or they might rub.

X-style motor mounts and bolt-on prop shafts should be an option or even the standard for every motor over 350 watts. The number of stories you hear about props flying off in mid flight because of a collet style adapter is just crazy and they add yet another element of danger for people around them. I wish collets would go away.

/rant over
+1000!
The 5mm e-flite one I now have on mine seems to be ok so far though.
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:35 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
+1000!

Which one would that be?

For the Spitfire?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:46 PM
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
+1000!
That's the one I'm using too on my Pitts and Sbach. Out of the four that I tried (two included with said planes, one other I had, and the E-flite I bought just for it) it was the only one that didn't wobble.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormdriverOne View Post
That's the one I'm using too.
Which one would that be please?

And will it still work/fit a Dubro spinner?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:55 PM
United States, GA, Marietta
Joined Dec 2011
203 Posts
I really want this plane, but do not see it any longer on Nitroplanes or Greyson Hobby websites.

Is it available anywhere???
dragonshade is offline Find More Posts by dragonshade
Old Apr 17, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post
I really want this plane, but do not see it any longer on Nitroplanes or Greyson Hobby websites.

The kit and ARF are sold out at Nitroplanes. All they have are the RTF versions.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...w-rtf-24g.html
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Apr 17, 2012, 06:38 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70 View Post
Which one would that be?

For the Spitfire?
THIS one. Part number EFLM1925. Just a note though, I can't fit my 2" Dubro spinner on with it though..........
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Apr 17, 2012, 07:02 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post

The RED ARF seems to be in stock as of this post.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...s-red-arf.html

Though I've ordered in the past with something in stock when I checked out only to be saddened later when I get am email saying, "You suck, you no order fast enough ... go fly a kite."
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau