Ordered!
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 05:35 PM
Corsir Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Nov 2011
405 Posts
The yellow one has been in my shopping basket for a while, just waiting for the code. Now I just need the $
Mopower71 is online now Find More Posts by Mopower71
Old Apr 03, 2012, 08:15 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,420 Posts
Thanks for the code. I couldn't pass that deal up. Mine is ordered!
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Apr 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
According to the tracking number I should have the yellow Peak at my front door this Thursday .
Pretty amazing considering I ordered it this morning. This may be a speed record from order time to delivery time if the tracking is correct!
I Can hardly wait to see it since there were no pictures of the yellow one on the Nitroplanes website.
I was not planning on purchasing another plane until this summer but the 25% off was the clincher for me.
So much for sticking to the budget .
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:30 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Owning both, and having gotten some time on both, I agree. The Pitts is ok and all, but imo the Sbach wads up better in blenders etc and seems like it has more pop.

The Pitts has to be a really draggy airframe- while the Sbach is a pretty clean frame- and I think this accounts for a big part of the difference.

Methinks the Pitts is more of a scale flyer...going for looks over capabilities.
I,m not sure that I agree with you after watching this video.

Dynam Peaks Extreme 3-D Biplane (3 min 10 sec)
Old Apr 03, 2012, 11:59 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
This is not a full 3D plane, but it looks like a lot of fun, mine will be here in a couple of days

I like this video of the plane in yellow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g-ZcnBZxepA
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:04 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
This is my next real 3D plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VWlzA8RuQew
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:30 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
My point being is I have not found any videos of the Dynam Sbach doing any better at 3D than the Dynam Peaks.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:31 AM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
I,m not sure that I agree with you after watching this video.
I dunno. That's not a very dynamic video. The blender @ 0:40 looked a little weak, though the one @ 3:00 looked better. Other than that one blender I didn't really see any dynamic 3D moves that would show it getting "wadded up". No tumbles, KE, KE spins, pop-tops, not even a snap roll! I just saw a bunch of hovering, inverted, rolls, etc.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:32 AM
Joined Dec 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
My point being is I have not found any videos of the Dynam Sbach doing any better at 3D than the Dynam Peaks.
That's interesting. I'll have to look. I thought I did, but can't be sure.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 12:45 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
That's interesting. I'll have to look. I thought I did, but can't be sure.
Let us know if you find one by posting it. It has to be all stock like the Peak videos so we are comparing apples to apples.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:33 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,386 Posts
Quote:
Let us know if you find one by posting it. It has to be all stock like the Peak videos so we are comparing apples to apples.
The video you posted the Peaks is not stock. It has an APC prop on it. I have never flown mine with the stock prop just the APC and I am very happy with it. I personally do not think it will hold up very well to violent 3D moves such as KE spins and blenders, I have my 3DHS planes for that. I did some tumbles and flat spins with mine and you can see the wings flexing a bit. I personally think it is a sport plane with a little bit of 3D thrown in IMHO.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:26 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
The video you posted the Peaks is not stock. It has an APC prop on it. I have never flown mine with the stock prop just the APC and I am very happy with it. I personally do not think it will hold up very well to violent 3D moves such as KE spins and blenders, I have my 3DHS planes for that. I did some tumbles and flat spins with mine and you can see the wings flexing a bit. I personally think it is a sport plane with a little bit of 3D thrown in IMHO.
+1 For those of you expecting a full 3D ship you will be disappointed for sure. This is a SPORT flier with mild 3D abilities. However it's an AWESOME sport flier. I have more fun with it everyday.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Last edited by FlyWW1; Apr 04, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Dec 2010
8,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
+1 For those of you expecting a full 3D ship you will be disappointed for sure. This is a SPORT flier with mild 3D abilities. However it's an AWESOME sport flier. I have more fun with it everyday.
And it's good looking and an incredible deal.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 10:04 AM
Joined Aug 2010
1,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. Are you using the same size APC prop as the included stock size, is it a direct fit and do you find it any better than stock in any way? (sorry, lots of questions.) 13 X 6 is stock according to the website.
Getting my Peaks tomorrow so I'll probably pick one up a prop at the LHS.
Mild 3D will be just fine for me as this will be my first plane that has that capability.