Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 11, 2011, 02:00 PM
AMA 562227
United States, CA, Mojave
Joined Jan 2003
622 Posts
I get the impression that only the color scheme of the demo model is cancelled. Can't find anything in this thread implying that Dynam is not building the airplane, just that it will have a different color scheme.

And by the way, big kudos to Kevin Kimball for reaching out to Tony and being pro-active on a solution for the licensing issue! It's refreshing to see a manufacturer being willing to work with an R/C distributor.
Three-Wire is offline Find More Posts by Three-Wire
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2011, 03:49 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
I was talking about the scheme being canceled not the plane
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:09 AM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three-Wire View Post
I get the impression that only the color scheme of the demo model is cancelled. Can't find anything in this thread implying that Dynam is not building the airplane, just that it will have a different color scheme.

And by the way, big kudos to Kevin Kimball for reaching out to Tony and being pro-active on a solution for the licensing issue! It's refreshing to see a manufacturer being willing to work with an R/C distributor.
Guys,

I have not yet had any response from Tony and have checked here a few times to see if he tried to contact me in the thread, by PM etc. Nothing yet. Only Horizon Hobby is approved to make models of my full scale designs.

Here is a little background info for those here that my not understand what I am protecting. First, Quique and I are good friends and when he had his own company selling YAKs of all sizes, there was an RC company who offered his 69" YAK in different colors, with low quality hardware and wing tube, but Quique's build book including all the photos that were of Quique's airplane! Basically, an employee of the factory in China quit and went to another replace with the data and offered these to Quique who said no. But this other RC company said yes and took the product to sell here in the US. I too had some issues with names and copied items on the full scale side.

I decided it would be best to fully protect everything I own. That being the names of the airplanes, logos, schemes, etc. With these protected, I could specifically license the airplanes to the RC company of my choice, which at the time was Quique's Aircraft Company. These licenses include but are not limited to: Schemes, names and logos for the Model 12, Python, Ti-12, Beast, plus more not yet public. All of these contracts were moved to Horizon Hobby when Quique went to work there. My licensing is now with Horizon Hobby. So, any other use in RC airplanes of the protected names and schemes is NOT approved and in violation of trademark and copyright laws.

Why did I go to all this expense and time to set all this up? To protect my company name and products from being used by others on products that I do not approve of AND to help my friend, Quique, who was getting screwed by other companies in the RC industry.

So If RC companies want to build and offer models shaped like my designs, I can't stop that. But, we can require them to NOT use any of the protected names, logos and schemes. It is the same as fake watches, purses or NASCAR stuff. Can't do it. I too and am RC pilot as are my Dad and son. It is pretty cool to be able to have and fly RC models of the airplanes we make here. That is why I want them to be made by who I consider the best in the Biz.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Last edited by kjkimball; Dec 12, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:31 AM
E TN
Joined Jan 2003
239 Posts
Kevin,
Thanks for the explination of where you stand with the liscencing of the names and logos for your aircraft. Our family did the design and selling of the pedal toys at oshkosh and dad has always approached owners to get permission to use logos etc, including Frank Christian, and Chuck yeager. If your staight foward most will be excellent to deal with. I wish you good luck and would love to see more foamie type round nose 3d biplanes on the market. Hopefully you can get this worked out as this looks like a nice bird, if not let me know if there is one available bigger than the micro.

Bill
Komet ME163 is offline Find More Posts by Komet ME163
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:10 PM
Custom airplanes and boats
Zellwood, FL
Joined Aug 2010
237 Posts
Bill,

Thanks for the note. Pedal planes are very cool and I have pics of my kids in them from years past. As I wrote in my last paragraph, the shape is out there. The names, schemes and logos are what Horizon has an exclusive to use.
kjkimball is offline Find More Posts by kjkimball
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:55 PM
E TN
Joined Jan 2003
239 Posts
Thanks Kevin Dad has an amazing ability with pedal planes. Weve had a lot of fun with them. My favorite model 12 scheme is the purple one tho

Bill
Komet ME163 is offline Find More Posts by Komet ME163
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:05 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,101 Posts
Fellas, what's this all boil down to, in terms of Dynam marketing a large foam biplane of whatever design/color/scheme?

IMO what the rc world needs is a 48" / 14.8V foamie bipe!!

Cheers
Jeff
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:25 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Fellas, what's this all boil down to, in terms of Dynam marketing a large foam biplane of whatever design/color/scheme?

IMO what the rc world needs is a 48" / 14.8V foamie bipe!!

Cheers
Jeff
they have a 63inch ,if that floats your boat
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:06 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Tony,
Any updates on this?
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:16 PM
magna,utah
Joined Oct 2009
51 Posts
he said it wont be available tell late jan-feb
jhardman is offline Find More Posts by jhardman
Old Jan 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Nov 2007
233 Posts
PW-RC has the Dynam Pitt's Python: http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.php/products_id/2506
flyingcircuits is offline Find More Posts by flyingcircuits
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:34 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircuits View Post
they got the color i like ,229.+ 90 shipped to NYC . im going to wait to see the price nitro planes has it for. if not im just going to go with the bannan hobby pitts hybrid.
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:35 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Sep 2003
171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcircuits View Post
Nice plane, but doesn't look like the Dynam to me?

Hilde
Hilde is offline Find More Posts by Hilde
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:15 AM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
600 Posts
I'm patiently waiting for this model to release, I already have a kk board flashed with airplane firm ware waiting for it.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:52 PM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
540 Posts
motor shafts

ooops
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Last edited by poziovahim; Jan 16, 2012 at 05:09 PM.