HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:00 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I took her out for a few more flights today. I noticed that during inverted flight, I did need to give it some elevator input. I also noticed that when that second cover comes off and is stuck between the fuselage and the upper wing, it will push the nose down slightly. That is what probably lead me to believe that inverted flight took no rudder input.

I was also a bit off on my earlier review when I said it needed 8 to 10 feet of runway to take off. It only needs about four. Also, I was a little more aggressive in flight so setting the timer at seven minutes is probably where you want to be for a 2200 mAh lipo. While I was at the field today, I had my Blade 450 3D helicopter which takes a 2200 mAh lipo 3 cell pack. Since I use the same connectors on both packs, I decided to plug it in and hold the plane to feel the amount of force generated. I'm pretty confident that you can fly this thing on the three cell. I may be brave enough to try that one day, but not today.

I set up my GoPro camera with the head strap and wore it on my head for an entire flight. I just forgot to hit the record button. . Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

The Zap foam safe CA held the vertical stabilizer rod mount on. It had come off from the heat in my car today.

Overall, loving this plane!
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:10 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,200 Posts
Use some scotch double sided tape for the second cover. Got that from someone else here and works great for mine. Put the tape on the metal wing struts and press the foam on tight.

Also added my gyro to the ruder, its acting weird, I don't want to fry my servo not knowing the pulse and Hz so I ordered some other faster 17g servos.

Adding thin CA to all my strut mounts thanks to ur advice, don't want any of them coming off.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
I maidened mine this evening. I can't say enough good things about the three new Dynam planes. They are all great and the best bang for your buck. The Peaks will take off in five feet and climb forever. The roll rate is not quite as fast as the Sbach but still pretty good. It seems that it will hover pretty good for someone with more talent than me. Landings are a breeze with this plane, it really slows down and floats in. Very pleased to say the least.
Stevewil131 is offline Find More Posts by Stevewil131
Old Feb 15, 2012, 08:50 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,616 Posts
Would you guys stop posting how great this plane is Mine won't be here until Monday and it's killing me. I'm glad to here it floats well because all I've got is grass to land on.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:53 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Here is where Dynam must of sent all the Pitts 12 Pythons (yellow "Peaks") to: FRANCE
Pitts 12 Python Dynam RC by HLC.SHOP (17 min 17 sec)

http://www.hlcshop.fr/fr/511-new-pit...am-rc-pnp.html

Damn (or rather Dynam) that yellow Pitts 12 looks good!
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Last edited by MNadMan; Feb 15, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:09 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,707 Posts
Anyone know where the Y connector for the ailerons is hidden? Before I go buy one id like to know if I missed ti somewhere.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
Anyone know where the Y connector for the ailerons is hidden? Before I go buy one id like to know if I missed ti somewhere.
Some have found it on the rudder and elevator leads so they can be reached.
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 16, 2012, 01:14 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Some have found it on the rudder and elevator leads so they can be reached.
Yup that there they be.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Last edited by Wingbreaker; Mar 14, 2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:18 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,616 Posts
You can buy the Python here. It would cost us USA people close to $300 though.

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/pitts-4ch-...ne-2-4ghz.html
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Use some scotch double sided tape for the second cover. Got that from someone else here and works great for mine.
Yeah, that was me. I just want something a little more flexible and easier to work with. I found that two pieces doesn't do a great job but a piece on all 4 sides works great. I'm still in the process of installing magnets. I put 4 small washers on the cover. Tonight I'll install the magnets on the fuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Also added my gyro to the ruder, its acting weird, I don't want to fry my servo not knowing the pulse and Hz so I ordered some other faster 17g servos.
What's happening?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Would you guys stop posting how great this plane is Mine won't be here until Monday and it's killing me. I'm glad to here it floats well because all I've got is grass to land on.
OK, we won't talk about how it gets everyone's attention at the field, or how it can go from 0 to vertical in 4 feet of runway. Or how it can fly at an amazingly slow speed for low fly-bys, or how beautiful it looks doing a knife-edge past all the pilots, or how it practically lands itself, or how it flies on a wire. We won't talk about any of that.

- Larry
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:36 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
OK, we won't talk about how it gets everyone's attention at the field, or how it can go from 0 to vertical in 4 feet of runway. Or how it can fly at an amazingly slow speed for low fly-bys, or how beautiful it looks doing a knife-edge past all the pilots, or how it practically lands itself, or how it flies on a wire. We won't talk about any of that.

- Larry
Nice I can't wait! I'm getting ready to order some more batteries for it. I was wondering what kind of discharge rate you guys have been happy with? Also are the 2200's working out good weight and CG wise ?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,371 Posts
Got mine last night and man is this a good looking model!! The quality is wonderful and she seems to have tons of power of the stock motor. Ive attached a few pics of mine so far....shes not 100% built yet, I need to shorten the elevator push rod....anybody else notice that? The prop on this thing is huge (thats what my GF said and the landing gear seems very sturdy.

Assembling the model is very straight forward and I didn't have to use any glue which is awesome. Dynam provides you with an assortment of screws and it can get fairly confusing on exactly which ones are supposed to go where....so I just ended up digging into my secret stash and found what I needed lol.

The dummy radial engine would look great with a metallic paint job in there so that's what Ill do this weekend. One bit of advice to anyone about to build one of these....make sure you put the CF wing struts on properly or else you'll be unscrewing the itty bitty screws and bolts and probably lose one (I did). Ive attached a pic to show how they are supposed to go. One last thing to the guys who have built theirs already...did you need that small black plastic ring when installing the prop? I couldn't get my spinner to sit all the way, so I removed the ring (check pic) and everything fit fine. I am so pumped to fly this thing.

Jordan
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I'm getting ready to order some more batteries for it. I was wondering what kind of discharge rate you guys have been happy with? Also are the 2200's working out good weight and CG wise ?
I use these. They're relatively light weight. They come off the plane moderately warm which is just how you want it. I love the exceptionally high charge rate... 5C.

I line up the back-end of the pack (non-wired side) to the edge of the cowling. I marked the underside of the upper wing at 87mm from the leading edge which is between the 85-90mm recommended in the manual. I hold it up by my finger tips and It balances perfectly.

Did I mention it looks awesome just taxiing around the runway?

Larry
Old Feb 16, 2012, 08:51 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,371 Posts
A few more...
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13