SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:43 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krexken View Post
Need more video! Curious how it will stand up to violent maneuvers. Naturally I'm a day late and a dollar short on the sale.
I brought my GoPro and head strap today to take some video of the flight after work. What do you mean by 'violent' maneuvers? My only experience with violent maneuvers is with crashing...... I'm pretty good at that.

Maybe I can try something new with my UMX beast and if it works, I'll try it with the Peaks.

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:52 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcninja View Post
Good question. I was wondering what the range is on the orange rcvr with such a short antenna.
If in doubt, order the $11 satellite. Cheap insurance. Not sure what the range is on the Rx/Satellite combo, but I assume it's better than the Rx alone! I fly my Slick 51 with this combo, just for insurance. Still less than $20! Never had a glitch yet in 100 flights.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
625 Posts
i maxed out all my control surfaces, i also flexed/worked all them without the control rods on. I think i'm running about 15% expo on all.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Dec 2009
15 Posts
I didn't know about the plane until I got the email newsletter, but the ARF was unfortunately gone by then.
metalfan49 is offline Find More Posts by metalfan49
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:03 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcninja View Post
Good question. I was wondering what the range is on the orange rcvr with such a short antenna.
Lots of Spektrum RX's have short antennas. No biggie but a satellite is cheap insurance
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
Brown outs on 3S systems? Do you have a link to the regulator? It must have a capacitor in it.
it does, its actualy a capacitor but HK calls them voltage pprotector

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Protector.html
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
I just went out to the car and noticed that one of the vertical stabilizer support rod mounts had separated from the stab. It was just sitting in the car. I assume it was the heat that caused it. I took a quick trip to the hobby shop and picked up some foam-safe CA. Hopefully that holds so I can fly it after work.

I also took a few pics with my UMX Beast 3D.

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:14 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Are you sure it was a brown out and not a temporary loss of reception? Just curious because I went through this and realized that reception was being blocked by the carbon fiber frame of my heli and in another case touching the carbon fiber frame attached to a tail boom that had generated static electricity from the belt. These were some of the most trickiest issues I ever had.

Larry
your right. it was a loss of reception, i tought that brown outs was a name givin for loss of reception,but your right. i still installed the voltage rotector in my planes for add piece of mind and at 2.00 a pop at HK everytime i make an order i get 2-3
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:22 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,356 Posts
Great looking plane! I just ordered a few of those "voltage protectors" for good measures.....I would HATE to lose a model due to brown out.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,344 Posts
Virtual cockpit for the ZG Python (originally posted by Milandrah) The pilot in this planes has GOT to go...

Tim
Tim H. is offline Find More Posts by Tim H.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
SoCal
Joined Aug 2010
150 Posts
Looks like they sold out of the red ones
DarwinF is offline Find More Posts by DarwinF
Old Feb 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloosee View Post
So glad i pulled the trigger last night

Debated all day over that 14% discount. Finally consulted the wife an she said "order it". I love how my wife supports my hobbies

I bet they raise the price to $149 when they come back in stock.
I pulled the trigger on the Sbach last night, order went through fine, but check today and says out of stock, was on hold with live support and they saying mine is on hold till next shipment ...

queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:03 PM
I always find software bugs!
United States, AZ
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
Hi all,

I just received mine in the mail today. The box was substantially larger than I expected! My cat is loving it.

I had the whole thing mocked up in about 15 minutes, but plan on fixing a few things before I really build it.

Overall, it seems pretty cool, but I am still dumbfounded by Styrofoam hinges. Those two words shouldn't even go together; Styrofoam... as a hinge! If they were that great, why don't they use Styrofoam for car door hinges? Or maybe the Airbus A380 could use them to save weight? Anyway, pinned hinges are going to be my first mod so 95% of my servo's torque isn't used to just barely move the control surface.

If someone discovers what paint colors are an exact match for the red and black, please let me/us know. My model could use a bit of touch up to look a little more 'finished'. Then I'll just need some wrongfully appropriated, copyrighted graphics that were illegally made to put on this baby!

Is anyone else planning on using a three bladed prop? If so, what size?

And finally, has anyone experimented with the ESC timing?

I guess that's it for now.

J
Kennamer is offline Find More Posts by Kennamer
Old Feb 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
yeah, red pitts and sbach both out of stock. :-(
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
4 Posts
thrust vectoring

does thrust vectoring make flying an edf jet easier?? anyone? anyone?
ramboner is offline Find More Posts by ramboner