Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
No, it won't.

No, it's another brand.

You can get this receiver that works with Spektrum transmitters. I have over 10 of them that I use with my DX6i and my DX8. I never had an issue.

Larry
i use those as well ,but ive had three brown outs with them. i sstarted to use a voltage regulator along with them . "you just plug into any open channel " it stores enough volts to help the reciever in case of a brown out and havent had anymore issues with them. i h
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:30 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
8,052 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i use those as well ,but ive had three brown outs with them. i sstarted to use a voltage regulator along with them . "you just plug into any open channel " it stores enough volts to help the reciever in case of a brown out and havent had anymore issues with them. i h
Brown outs on 3S systems? Do you have a link to the regulator? It must have a capacitor in it.
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:38 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
For hovering, if you had 1 gyro where would it help you most? Rudder or ailerons?
Definitely the rudder. Putting one the ailerons helps avoid a gust of wind pushing down a wing or achieving more stability for taking smooth onboard video.

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
Are you sure it was a brown out and not a temporary loss of reception? Just curious because I went through this and realized that reception was being blocked by the carbon fiber frame of my heli and in another case touching the carbon fiber frame attached to a tail boom that had generated static electricity from the belt. These were some of the most trickiest issues I ever had.

Larry
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:14 AM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
How much would you charge to cut me some Python graphics or send me the files?
Thanks!
Not sure yet... I need to find the files and see what I can come up with. That project was several years ago and I need to re-do the files. They were originaly done for decals, so vinyl files will be completely different. However, here's a link to my old Python thread. The decal files are there. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528756 Post 26. On a sidenote. I did obtain permission from the Kimbals to use the Python logo on my foamy Python. All of the artwork is original artwork done by me. As far as I know, I was the only "Foamy" to be given permission to use the name and logos. Since the graphics were posted before in my Python thread, I'll just repost them here.

I have more extensive files, but that'll get you going if you want to print decals. The white areas on the red plane will present a challenge though. Printing on white paper may be the best option. I'll have to do some manipulating.

For those with a vinyl cutter, you can resize the PDF easily in your cutting software.

Just got shipping confirmation from Nitro Planes. It's on it's way! Woo Hoo...

Cheers!
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.
Last edited by Tim H.; Feb 15, 2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: artwork notes
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Are you sure it was a brown out and not a temporary loss of reception? Just curious because I went through this and realized that reception was being blocked by the carbon fiber frame of my heli and in another case touching the carbon fiber frame attached to a tail boom that had generated static electricity from the belt. These were some of the most trickiest issues I ever had.

Larry
Good question. I was wondering what the range is on the orange rcvr with such a short antenna.
rcninja is offline Find More Posts by rcninja
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:55 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H. View Post
Not sure yet... I need to find the files and see what I can come up with. That project was several years ago and I need to re-do the files. They were originaly done for decals, so vinyl files will be completely different. However, here's a link to my old Python thread. The decal files are there. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528756 Post 26

I have more extensive files, but that'll get you going if you want to print decals. The white areas on the red plane will present a challenge though. Printing on white paper may be the best option. I'll have to do some manipulating.

For those with a vinyl cutter, you can resize the PDF easily in your cutting software.

Just got shipping confirmation from Nitro Planes. It's on it's way! Woo Hoo...

Cheers!
Thanks! I have a vinyl cutter but I have never done more than just one color. I'll have to tinker with it I guess. I plan on painting all the red to yellow and painting the white to silver like the real Python. The Python and Beast are my favorite planes and I already have a Beast so I must have the Python
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcninja View Post
Good question. I was wondering what the range is on the orange rcvr with such a short antenna.
There is a few videos of people doing range tests on YouTube. The conclusion is that you'll never have to worry about range with park flyer sized aircraft while keeping it close enough to see. But the ranges are not consistent from one receiver to the next.

Larry
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:13 AM
FoamyFactory.com
USA, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2001
4,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Thanks! I have a vinyl cutter but I have never done more than just one color. I'll have to tinker with it I guess. I plan on painting all the red to yellow and painting the white to silver like the real Python. The Python and Beast are my favorite planes and I already have a Beast so I must have the Python
Do a YouTube search on "2 color vinyl decal" or similar. You'll find several very good videos that take you step by step on how to do it. I LOVE Youtube for finding "How To" stuff.

Post some pics when you get some cuts. I may fiddle around with it this weekend. I need to get some vinyl too. I'm out of white. Below is a pic of the vinyl I did for my 45" Sbach 342 scratch build and the graphics file I used to create the vinyl. The hardest bart was sizing. I'll probably never do large decals like that again. The black fuselage pieces were a pain!

Cheers
Tim H. is online now Find More Posts by Tim H.
Last edited by Tim H.; Feb 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Added files
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:54 AM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,384 Posts
Tim, the Sbach looks great....what kind of vinyl are you using? 3M, Shinerite and Orafoil would all be good choices.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
It looks like those of us who got the ARF got lucky, they're already sold out! http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...s-red-arf.html
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:37 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,384 Posts
Awesome lol.....mine is showing its still on track for delivery today!
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,220 Posts
Quote:
It looks like those of us who got the ARF got lucky, they're already sold out! http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...s-red-arf.html
Thank my lucky stars I got in b4 stock ran out, loving this plane sooooo much.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,139 Posts
Need more video! Curious how it will stand up to violent maneuvers. Naturally I'm a day late and a dollar short on the sale.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Feb 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,950 Posts
So glad i pulled the trigger last night

Debated all day over that 14% discount. Finally consulted the wife an she said "order it". I love how my wife supports my hobbies

I bet they raise the price to $149 when they come back in stock.
Bloosee is offline Find More Posts by Bloosee