Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H. View Post
Just pulled the trigger! Valentine's day code for 14% off made it $129.00 shipped to texas. Glad the logos, etc. are decals. I did the graphics for Zero Gravity when they produced their 42" Python. Same size, so I think I may need to update my files and see what I can come up with on my vinyl cutter. Can't wait to try this one. I love my ZG Python, but It doesn't get out much as I'm afraid to smash it...

Cheers!
How much would you charge to cut me some Python graphics or send me the files?
Thanks!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
How much would you charge to cut me some Python graphics or send me the files?
Thanks!
I was thinking the same question
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Feb 14, 2012, 02:33 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,348 Posts
Im the lead designer for a good sized graphics and print shop as well....what are you looking to have made?

Jordan
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:11 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
Im the lead designer for a good sized graphics and print shop as well....what are you looking to have made?

Jordan
I just need the Python graphics. So just the the top and bottom of the wing and the two on the sides of the fuselage. I have a cutter I can use for the rest.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:56 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Just got done flying her second and third flights and started hovering!

This will be my first plane (hover) outside a sim and trying to hover a micro 4-site indoor.

First flight today was with a 2200 45c and had a hover going for about 20 sec at the end of the flight, no video. Too cold for the wife today.

Second flight I setup the camera on a bench and used my 1800 35c, I did a lot of 3-5sec hovers but nothing like when I had the 2200 in it, maybe it was C.G. was off, maybe it was excitement, prolly it was the new operator. :-)

Will post the video later, I know kinda lame, but hey I'm betting some of you are around my skill level and wonder if this plane is easy for a 3d noob to hover.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Last edited by queadlunnrau; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 07:16 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Okay, I snuck away from the wife for a minute. I maidened the Peaks today. Holy crap, this thing is awesome! I can't get into all the details now, I will follow up later with details on the set up, including control surface movement measurements that I have set. I can tell you this, the rutter and elevator needs more throw then what is listed in the manual. I should also mention that this thing is a breeze to land, it can go amazingly slow. I'm extremely happy.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Oct 2011
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post

Jordan
As a designer yourself I'm sure you don't like it when other people rip off your work. Not to mention the legal issues with selling someone else's design.
rcninja is offline Find More Posts by rcninja
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Okay, I snuck away from the wife for a minute. I maidened the Peaks today. Holy crap, this thing is awesome! I can't get into all the details now, I will follow up later with details on the set up, including control surface movement measurements that I have set. I can tell you this, the rutter and elevator needs more throw then what is listed in the manual. I should also mention that this thing is a breeze to land, it can go amazingly slow. I'm extremely happy.
That sounds just what I'd like!

I'm hoping that they drop the price on the unpainted (all white) version. but doesn't look like they will.
Might have to order a red tonight @14% off, or wait for 20% if they reach 32k likes on the weekend. of course, next weekend is 33k likes = 25% off.
decisions, decisions.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Feb 2011
54 Posts
Does the rtf receiver bind to dx6i??
rc_newbie1991 is offline Find More Posts by rc_newbie1991
Old Feb 14, 2012, 09:42 PM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
Just saw there is an rtf option for 60 bucks more. Does that mean it comes with a Dx5e?
Does that in turn mean it is supposed to fly fine without expo?
bkorec is offline Find More Posts by bkorec
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:04 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,348 Posts
Rcninja, cool your jets man...im not "ripping off peoples work".....I'm simply asking what types of things (graphics wise) people might be interested in having made. I know all about trademark issues with things like this.....thanks for your concern though. It's not too difficult to change 6% of the original design to consider it new. I'm not stealing designs from anyone....this is a foam rc airplane that people may want to customize. No need to call people out lol.

Jordan
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:06 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
So here are some details of today's maiden flight. Using the rudder settings in the manual will barely let you steer the tail wheel during take off and landing. My settings are below. She looks awesome taxiing around!

I only needed about 8-10 feet of runway before she's off the ground and ready to go vertical. The roll rate was moderate, not too slow at all. I think it could've been a bit snappier so I'll try more aileron throw tomorrow. Loops were disgustingly easy. Knife-edge was nearly impossible with the given manual settings. With my configuration, knife-edge felt pretty easy although I feel it needed a good amount of forward air speed. But keep in mind, my only experience with a 3D plane is the UMX Beast 3D so it's all relative. The plane is perfectly balanced; I needed no elevator input on inverted flight. It flies on a wire.

Landing takes forever because she loves slow flight! I took up the entire runway and then flipped it at the end when I took it into the grass. Flipping in the grass doesn't phase the plane. There's no knicks or marks at all. I think I'll completely cut all power next time and just let it float in.

My timer was set at 7 minutes and my 2200 Nano-techs were still putting out ~3.78V after mixed flying. I'll change that to 8 minutes tomorrow.

The only negative was with that second cover under the wing. Even with two pieces of double-sided tape, it came off on every flight.

These settings work well for aerobatic flight without being too touchy. Surface movement is measured on the furthest point of the control surface from the pivot:
  • Aileron: 15mm
  • Elevator: 27mm
  • Rudder: 70mm

Expo was set at 15% across the board.

There were only about 5 people at the field today but everyone was asking about the plane. By the time I left, everyone knew about Dynam. I can't wait to fly this thing again!

Larry
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
If you guys are thinking about a using a gyro, check out this post I recently submitted. I use gyros in planes and there's a couple of good links in that post. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them as best I can.

Larry
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_newbie1991 View Post
Does the rtf receiver bind to dx6i??
No, it won't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkorec View Post
Just saw there is an rtf option for 60 bucks more. Does that mean it comes with a Dx5e?
Does that in turn mean it is supposed to fly fine without expo?
No, it's another brand.

You can get this receiver that works with Spektrum transmitters. I have over 10 of them that I use with my DX6i and my DX8. I never had an issue.

Larry
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:22 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
If you guys are thinking about a using a gyro, check out this post I recently submitted. I use gyros in planes and there's a couple of good links in that post. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer them as best I can.

Larry
For hovering, if you had 1 gyro where would it help you most? Rudder or ailerons?
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau