HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:01 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
It flies great fast or slow to a crawl, I didn't fly to low due to it being a small soccer field surrounded by trees.

I almost taxied it into the grass in the beginning didn't know till mid flight about the rudder being reversed.
nice video,
seems to have decent power, i cant wait to get mine. i think the first mod for me will be to put a coat of resin on it to give it a shinner look , the red looks kinda dull ,but overall sweet plane
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:00 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Yeah that red looks like a flat red. thought that with the preview photos from Tony

I'm thinking yellow or full beast orange-red & black look. I really liked the yellow color, loo, the big "5" on the tail, etc.

I was hoping for the white one to drop to $129, as I'd rather not have to strip off the paint from the red - especially if I go yellow - harder to cover over red with yellow.

I wish they'd of just made them solid yellow - since the little plastic pieces are yellow anyway.

c'mon Tony & NP crew, please drop the white one down to $129 before the 15% off code dies tonight! I'll buy an sbach at the same time too!
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:43 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
what battery you using, mine flys a bit tail heavy with a 1800

but 6 min flight no problem.

great vertical performance, i was fighting it to hover, had about 10-15 mph winds

overall very happy, can't beat the price, i'm throwing a 3 axis gyro in mine, so hopefully it will fly even better. It'll be a 42" beast 3d
i had a 2200mah put pretty far back. Next flight I'll put it in the middle and see how she flies. I also have an 1800mAh waiting to be run, but waiting for a much calmer day for that as I will be trying to hover, for the first time outside a sim or indoor micros.

@ 3.85v per cell with the timer set to 4 minutes, I figure I can get 8min flights easy, good to know the 1800's should give at least 5 minutes.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
What gyro are using?
kk multikopter board with aeroplane firmware.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:08 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM63 View Post
Sweet
The 3 new Dynam planes The Peaks, SU-26M and the Sbach are very similar in some way shape or form. The landing gear, tail gear, canopy, pilot probably prop, spinner, motor, esc arfe all the same I think.

I have the other 2 I want the Peaks now. Looks nice.......................
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:40 AM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
The 3 new Dynam planes The Peaks, SU-26M and the Sbach are very similar in some way shape or form. The landing gear, tail gear, canopy, pilot probably prop, spinner, motor, esc are all the same I think.
Yep betcha that's the case....methinks that's how Dynam keeps the price low; cross-utilizing as many components as possible and changing some cosmetics...hey, seems to work!!
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:06 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Has anyone done a grass landing or take off yet?
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 13, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Thanks for the video Alex! Mine is 'out for delivery' now. I should have her all put together tonight. I have to try to leave work early tomorrow to stop by the field on my way to maiden her. Just don't tell my wife why I'll be home late on Valentines Day.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:08 PM
Yes..ok..maybe..lol.....
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2004
5,724 Posts
Could you guys try to do some inverted flight..to check the cg??
Thanks,
-Dave
shhhhh! is offline Find More Posts by shhhhh!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,354 Posts
Queadlunnrau, I see you said that you had 3.85v per cell left on your pack when you landed. How do you tell by this number how much juice you still have in your packs?
JGuilty13 is online now Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:06 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuilty13 View Post
Queadlunnrau, I see you said that you had 3.85v per cell left on your pack when you landed. How do you tell by this number how much juice you still have in your packs?
Just a guesstimate

When my EDF's or surface RC's hit LVC (yes I know that's bad, but LiPo's are cheap), my lipo's usually measure 3.4v per cell not under load (usually goes back up to 3.5v/3.6v after it cools off) so I just guesstimated from 4.2v down to 3.85v is just around 1/2 down to 3.4v.

Not an exact science, but makes sense in my mind and yes I do know that lipo's don't discharge linear.

Charging the lipo last night confirms my estimate, my charger put back 1158mAh out of 2200.

I just read through the Sbach thread and others confirming there they are getting more than 10min of flight from a 2500mAh, the Sbach seems to have the same electronics and is a bit heavier.
Last edited by queadlunnrau; Feb 13, 2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:45 PM
I always find software bugs!
United States, AZ
Joined Nov 2010
65 Posts
Hi all,

Just bought my plane yesterday and am waiting for it to arrive.

I was wondering if the prop has the same problem as the Sbach prop... and after reading this:

Quote:
The 3 new Dynam planes The Peaks, SU-26M and the Sbach are very similar in some way shape or form. The landing gear, tail gear, canopy, pilot probably prop, spinner, motor, esc are all the same I think.
... does that mean I need the EFLM1925 E-Flite Prop Adapter with Collet (5mm) that the Sbach guys are talking about? I guess it is a drop in replacement and actually keeps the prop ON the plane while in flight (a bonus in my opinion)!

Also, do any of the other Sbach problems come with the Peaks, like the landing gear area being weak and/or crappy elevator hinges?

Thanks in advance.

J
Kennamer is offline Find More Posts by Kennamer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:55 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,141 Posts
I have a Spartan Quark (Tiny MEMS Gyro) that I'm trying to sell with no luck, I'm thinking about installing it in this bird.

Any thoughts on weather I should put on the ailerons or rudder?
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:50 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Has anyone done a grass landing or take off yet?
I bet it rocks on grass as does the Sbach and im sure the SU-26M will be too. The landing gear and tail dragger setup rocks on grass.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:52 PM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennamer View Post
Hi all,

Just bought my plane yesterday and am waiting for it to arrive.

I was wondering if the prop has the same problem as the Sbach prop... and after reading this:

... does that mean I need the EFLM1925 E-Flite Prop Adapter with Collet (5mm) that the Sbach guys are talking about? I guess it is a drop in replacement and actually keeps the prop ON the plane while in flight (a bonus in my opinion)!

Also, do any of the other Sbach problems come with the Peaks, like the landing gear area being weak and/or crappy elevator hinges?

Thanks in advance.

J
I haven't had a problem with the prop on the Sbach but I tightened the crap out of that nut.