HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:04 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNadMan View Post
I want that unpainted (white) one to be down to $129.
I was waiting for that too but couldn't pass up the 15% off ($130 shipped) So I ordered the painted and plan on changing it back to the Python colors. If you get the painted version and strip the paint you shouldn't have any trouble painting it since it was already prepped for painting once. I have a feeling the unpainted version is going to have a lot oil/wax on it and is going to be a pain to ready for painting.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Just ordered mine Thanks AZAerobat for making me aware of that code. Pushed me over the edge!
Sorry I did not get back sooner I have been at work all day. You are welcome! I was not going to get it either yet because i really cannot spare the cash but once I saw how cheap I could get it for shipped I jumped. It is hard to pass up a great deal and I am a sucker for biplanes. I only have the two UMX beasts right now so I really needed to add a good size one to the hanger.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Sorry I did not get back sooner I have been at work all day. You are welcome! I was not going to get it either yet because i really cannot spare the cash but once I saw how cheap I could get it for shipped I jumped. It is hard to pass up a great deal and I am a sucker for biplanes. I only have the two UMX beasts right now so I really needed to add a good size one to the hanger.
Yeah it's an unbeatable deal! I was going to wait to see if HH was going to put out a Beast or Python this spring but it will probably be Carbon Z which will be around $300. I'll take the Dynam price Can't wait for it to get here. Did anyone who has it already take it out yet?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:23 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
Yeah it's an unbeatable deal! I was going to wait to see if HH was going to put out a Beast or Python this spring but it will probably be Carbon Z which will be around $300. I'll take the Dynam price Can't wait for it to get here. Did anyone who has it already take it out yet?
Yeah this "Peaks" is cheaper than a umx beast lol crazy.

I took mine out, but did not maiden, not in the cards today in Seattle. Weather wasn't bad, only sprinkles, but wind was too much for me to confidently maiden. =(

Wind was gusting so hard my 800mm corsair flew backwards a few times. O.o

Im hoping tomorrow will be less gusty.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Yeah this "Peaks" is cheaper than a umx beast lol crazy.

I took mine out, but did not maiden, not in the cards today in Seattle. Weather wasn't bad, only sprinkles, but wind was too much for me to confidently maiden. =(

Wind was gusting so hard my 800mm corsair flew backwards a few times. O.o

Im hoping tomorrow will be less gusty.
Bummer Can't wait to here a flight report but only if it's positive. LOL!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:03 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,494 Posts
Just ordered mine today Can't wait!
rvincent is online now Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:54 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Nov 2010
66 Posts
Replacement Prop?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one... it looks really good and great price. I wonder about replacement props though. I don't see any on the NP site... has anyone found a replacement? I know I'll need some and hate to have a plane sitting because I need a prop. Thanks!
bradm5312 is offline Find More Posts by bradm5312
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:01 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm5312 View Post
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this one... it looks really good and great price. I wonder about replacement props though. I don't see any on the NP site... has anyone found a replacement? I know I'll need some and hate to have a plane sitting because I need a prop. Thanks!
the props should be the last or your worries. HK sells different brands and almost every size for cheap .example they have a size i use alot 4.75x4.75 for 45 cents . while other sites has them for 2.00 dollars

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ller_13x6.html

http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...-x-6.5E/Detail
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradm5312 View Post
Replacement parts for the whole plane will be up on the site soon enough. You can get a 13x6 prop from anywhere so that's no worry. Pull the trigger!!!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 12:40 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,205 Posts
Maiden went well this morning, 10mph winds so I was a bit worried, but dayam, dynam ... this plane is bad-ass.

Video being cut now.

Dynam Peaks 42" Biplane Maiden Flight (5 min 35 sec)
Last edited by queadlunnrau; Feb 12, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Nice maiden! Looks like it flies great. Thanks for making the video
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
Nice maiden video. Now I can't wait to get mine. Vertical looks awesome.
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:51 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,205 Posts
It flies great fast or slow to a crawl, I didn't fly to low due to it being a small soccer field surrounded by trees.

I almost taxied it into the grass in the beginning didn't know till mid flight about the rudder being reversed.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
629 Posts
what battery you using, mine flys a bit tail heavy with a 1800

but 6 min flight no problem.

great vertical performance, i was fighting it to hover, had about 10-15 mph winds

overall very happy, can't beat the price, i'm throwing a 3 axis gyro in mine, so hopefully it will fly even better. It'll be a 42" beast 3d
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 12, 2012, 05:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
what battery you using, mine flys a bit tail heavy with a 1800

but 6 min flight no problem.

great vertical performance, i was fighting it to hover, had about 10-15 mph winds

overall very happy, can't beat the price, i'm throwing a 3 axis gyro in mine, so hopefully it will fly even better. It'll be a 42" beast 3d

What gyro are using?