Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:26 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Got her built, took only 20 min mentioned above. Started taking a video, but camera battery died. Oh well, this was a cake build anyways, no glue! All screws.

Well they tell u to glue the rx cover, but I'll use magnets.

One thing to note on mine, the extensions for the rudder and elevator are short and had the aileron y harness attached (I assume for shipping reasons) I'm going to extend them 3" to put my rx in the lower spot where the battery hatch is.
thats sweet , im glad it doesnt come with the sstickers applied . there nice but IMO there a bit of an overkill. enjoy it i cant wait to get mine.

i should have it by next friday
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
620 Posts
i'm going to double side tape the hatch on.

i also added 3in extensions on the rudder and elevator.

I would go off the top wing, nose heavy is always better than tail heavy on a maiden.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 10, 2012, 05:57 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
yep easy build. took me about 45 mins. screw drive, needle nose, wrench. comes with some glue too. Those little yellow anchors...gotta re-glue a couple of them.

I agree with the top wing (leading edge) as measure point for CG. (add weight) if needed.

What a sweet looking plane!
EM63 is offline Find More Posts by EM63
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
Sweet
EM63 is offline Find More Posts by EM63
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:29 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
I think I am in love!
How easy are those wheel pants to take off for grass landings? Is the LG sturdy? Do you think it will need any more reinforcement in the wings or anywhere else?
I was almost going to get a PZ Extra but I don't think I will be able to resist the Pitts! er, um, Peaks!
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:31 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
I think I am in love!
How easy are those wheel pants to take off for grass landings? Is the LG sturdy? Do you think it will need any more reinforcement in the wings or anywhere else?
I was almost going to get a PZ Extra but I don't think I will be able to resist the Pitts! er, um, Peaks!
Wings feel solid, there is a plastic rod in the top wing, might switch it out for a cf rod, but just for bling, carbon rods come in the elevator with a couple dimples for more rods if u want.

Landing gear has no rake so I'm worried about grass landings, but gonna try it anyways. Wheel pants are plastic and unscrews off, but u will need to devise a way to put the wheels back on without the pants.

Does not, I repeat does not fit in the back of a convertible with the top up, wings are a bit of a pain to take off, but that's a small price to pay for something so beautiful.

None of my coworkers could believe it was less than $150 shipped ... he'll I'm still in shock, it really looks and feels like a much more $$$ plane.

If only my wife would allow more than 3 prop planes, I'd buy the sukhoi and sbach just from the quality for price on this model. Dynam kudos to you, loved ur gy48v now o love it planes. Well love it now, but might not after I fly it. O.o
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Thanks for that mate. About $100 shipping for me being on Australia, does anyone no of a Dynam distributor in Hong Kong or similar?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
Thanks for that mate. About $100 shipping for me being on Australia, does anyone no of a Dynam distributor in Hong Kong or similar?
Altho I've not flown mine yet, I'm betting $250 shipped for a neat plane like this may well be worth it...when I consider that my CZ Yak was $300 + tax = $321, and the sttiP here was like $160 shipped, then value-for-money by favors Dynam by far.

All that said, these things come from China so there's gotta be a seller over there who can send ya one a heckuva lot cheaper than shipping from the States
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Wings feel solid, there is a plastic rod in the top wing, might switch it out for a cf rod, but just for bling, carbon rods come in the elevator with a couple dimples for more rods if u want.

Landing gear has no rake so I'm worried about grass landings, but gonna try it anyways. Wheel pants are plastic and unscrews off, but u will need to devise a way to put the wheels back on without the pants.

Does not, I repeat does not fit in the back of a convertible with the top up, wings are a bit of a pain to take off, but that's a small price to pay for something so beautiful.

None of my coworkers could believe it was less than $150 shipped ... he'll I'm still in shock, it really looks and feels like a much more $$$ plane.

If only my wife would allow more than 3 prop planes, I'd buy the sukhoi and sbach just from the quality for price on this model. Dynam kudos to you, loved ur gy48v now o love it planes. Well love it now, but might not after I fly it. O.o

I dont have the Sukhoi (yet) but I can tell ya that after doing some work on it, Dynam's Sbach is a pretty doggone decent performer... and a decent-lookin plank, to boot...I'd highly recommend it
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:34 PM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Altho I've not flown mine yet, I'm betting $250 shipped for a neat plane like this may well be worth it...when I consider that my CZ Yak was $300 + tax = $321, and the sttiP here was like $160 shipped, then value-for-money by favors Dynam by far.

All that said, these things come from China so there's gotta be a seller over there who can send ya one a heckuva lot cheaper than shipping from the States
I think your right, I can't wait for some flight reviews though
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:18 AM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
620 Posts
maiden in the morning, hopefully.

still need to adjust the pushrods.
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:36 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,338 Posts
Ok I cracked. With the Facebook 15% off code it was 125 bucks shipped to my house so I grabbed one. I hope it flies as good as it looks.
AZAerobat is online now Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:37 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZAerobat View Post
Ok I cracked. With the Facebook 15% off code it was 125 bucks shipped to my house so I grabbed one. I hope it flies as good as it looks.
What's the code?!?!?

Never mind NPLike31K
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Last edited by FlyWW1; Feb 11, 2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Just ordered mine Thanks AZAerobat for making me aware of that code. Pushed me over the edge!
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:58 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
I want that unpainted (white) one to be down to $129.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan