SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:44 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
If you want to fly 3D you want a prop that does not have too much pitch. A 13x6 is good for all around. Having less pitch allows the motor to spool up fast when you need it. Too much pitch can be a bad thing because the plane will torque over if you punch the power too fast and also the motor will not spool up fast enough if your doing any maneuvers that requires constant throttle control like slow rolling harriers.
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully you will have some of the 13x6 props in soon, I anticipate breaking a few ~_^
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:52 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
decals are not applied, it comes on a sticker sheet.

it's already assembled, took like 20 mins, it all screws together. even comes with a y harness for the ailerons.

I don't have a camera, so no pics.

the only thing i discovered was that for the machine screws on the wing braces, the order should be screw-washer-wing support-wing-nut. I tried putting washers on both sides but i ran out and realized how it should put together.

it has a dynam speed controller which is just a rebranded hobbywing, i can tell from the manual. The typical program card should work.
lol I found out the hard way too when I used up all the washers The Dynam ESC technically should not work with the Hobbywing programming card, Dynam offers their own programming card if you guys need them. However I wouldn't be too surprise if they now are compatible with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbreaker View Post
nice spot for rx? no gluing?
No glueing unless you want to glue down the wing hatch. I would suggest to use tape or magnets to attach the hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Mine should be in today, wow no gluing at all?!!!!

Maybe I'll post an open box video? Would anyone be interested?
Yes do a open box video. If you can do a build video too that would be great Maybe I can convince the boss to hook you up with a battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
That would great! I'm curious if they're all using the left-over yellow plastic pieces to attach those tail wires.

Thanks.
Yup Dynam used the yellow pieces
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully you will have some of the 13x6 props in soon, I anticipate breaking a few ~_^
The Sbach uses the same 13x6 prop. Or even better get a APC or Falcon 13x6 prop. Just make sure you get the electric version.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Unboxing Video's up, crude cut, but done.

Dynam Peaks (Pitts) 42" 3D Bi-Plane UnBoxing (6 min 19 sec)
Old Feb 10, 2012, 12:24 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
The Sbach uses the same 13x6 prop. Or even better get a APC or Falcon 13x6 prop. Just make sure you get the electric version.
Tony, a question...the website says the Sbach uses a 13x6.5 prop, and the 'Peaks' uses the 13x6 prop, correct (prop size not indicated on prop)? So if true, while each model uses the same motor (is this correct?), the props are not interchangeable?

As to batt choice: on the Sbach, I found that using the 4S/1800s I lost 2 1/2 min flt time, but no real gain in 3D performance...in fact with the lower mah it seemed like I had less grunt in punchouts. The Sbach seems to haul the slightly heavier 2200s around with tons of punch- but to get level inverted flt I had to move the 2200 aft a half inch....certainly to each his own on batts; just relating by experience
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:05 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,175 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/0lzc-SbQH2U
I typed the street signs into Google Maps and I now know where you work! Creepy, huh?
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Feb 2012
11 Posts
hey boys and girls....

first time poster...been around. Great forum, tons of great info.

Just to let you know, the big brown truck was just here. And I got mine! Very well packaged, and double boxed..clean and nice!

going to be busy this weekend...But, when i get her up, I'll post how she does!
EM63 is offline Find More Posts by EM63
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I typed the street signs into Google Maps and I now know where you work! Creepy, huh?
Naw, I could use another flying buddy. ^_^
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:21 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
7,175 Posts
Quote:
Naw, I could use another flying buddy. ^_^
I could too, but unfortunately I'm down here in No. Cal. and we're finally getting some more rain!

Thanks for the video!
erkq is offline Find More Posts by erkq
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:22 PM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:

http://youtu.be/0lzc-SbQH2U
Dude carries a butterfly knife. I'm sorry but that's bad-ass!

Thanks for aswering the question about the yellow wire supports. We really appreciate the video. Enjoy and fly conservatively, no parts yet! We want to hear all about it.

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Ok this is the wrong thread but I'll ask anyway...

I've had my eye on this puppy for a while now

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14881

PNP, $106 shipped to my door. Decent lookin little bipe with a huge fanbase.

Anybody here got one?
i had one it was a gift. its what got me into loving biplanes .i dont do 3D so i cant comment on that ,but its a great flyer it was one of my favorite planes till i had a brown out and i crahsed into a tree , my only gripe was that its small , so i never got around to getting another one cause i wanted a bigger pitts. the dynam is a decent size but i would love the hangar 9 beast , an that way beyond my budget so im going to wait till HK sells there 1600mm pitts in the usa warehouse ,
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Feb 10, 2012, 01:45 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,653 Posts
Tony, I do video for a living. How about some planes for assembly vids and flight vids? www.hapdigital.com
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:44 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
Got her built, took only 20 min mentioned above. Started taking a video, but camera battery died. Oh well, this was a cake build anyways, no glue! All screws.

Well they tell u to glue the rx cover, but I'll use magnets.

One thing to note on mine, the extensions for the rudder and elevator are short and had the aileron y harness attached (I assume for shipping reasons) I'm going to extend them 3" to put my rx in the lower spot where the battery hatch is.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Hey Tony, do you guys ever do a Free shipping on orders of $150.00 or more? some online sellers do that 24/7.
or even at $250.00+?
I'm looking to buy the "Peaks" and the "Sbach". that's $270 of planes without shipping.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Feb 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
Luck is my skill
Joined Jun 2009
1,140 Posts
CG Question for anyone.

Manuals sayd C.G is 85-90mm behind the leading edge measured at where the wing meets the fuselage.

Well there are two wings, staggered. Only the lower wing is attached to the fuselage where the other one is attached to struts. Picture shows using the top wing, but does not look to be in the right place as 90mm measures behind the landing skids not as picutred.

My old UMX beast CG measured from the rearward bottom wing.

I'm 90% sure it's measured from the top wing, but want confirmation so I don't crash her on maiden. (Hopefully tomorrow weather pending)