Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:58 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleW View Post
Good point, Yes it was.
W

If you want to paint using water base paint (not latex because it is very heavy) go to Walmart, Hobby Lobby (the craft store) and get bottles of Acrylic artist paint... it is light weight and sticks very well to primed or pre painted surfaces. If you have an airbrush it is even better but do not thin the paint with water.... use airbrush thinner made for acrylic paint. The water breaks down the adhesive in the paint but the airbrush thinner adds adhesive to the paint while thinning enough to spray it through the airbrush.
d_toolman is offline Find More Posts by d_toolman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:37 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Thanks for the tip!
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:46 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
I painted my Dynam PBY with Latex. Sticking just fine.

Anyone put a wattmeter on the Pitts? I'm wondering if a 45 amp esc will work.

Dynam Peaks / Dynam Sbach both have the same motor and ESC. Here are the results. 29.9amp draw and 441.4 watts of power. This was with an APC 13x6.5 prop and a 4 cell battery. You decide on the ESC you want based on the results of the watt meter. 45 amp would work. The 50 or 60 amp would run cooler though.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:50 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the tip!
Your certainly welcome.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:05 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Thanks DT!
I'll double check the numbers when I get the HK motor. I hope it bolts right up.

Walter
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:09 AM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kman24 View Post
redbaron1 - you have the infamous stutter issue that most of us have. The newer planes have a little servo extension with a circuit board on it that supposedly resolves thus issue. It is a known issue with Dynam ESC's on 4s batteries. I have 3 Dynam planes that run on 4s and they all do this. It is annoying, but as long as you are in the air with the motor spun up, it us a non issue. Oh, another thing is that I have my timing set to HIGH for all these planes. I have tried other settings, but this is what works the best.

Kman
Thanks for that kman, will increase the timing and see how she goes. It becomes an issue when you line yourself for an approach and begin dropping the stick as she lowers to ground level and then you hear this shattering sounds with the prop jerking a little. Will changing the ESC to a better make rid the problem?
redbaron1 is offline Find More Posts by redbaron1
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:21 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
I changed the timing on my friends Devil and got rid of that stuttering off idle. Medium Timing.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
Quote:
I changed the timing on my friends Devil and got rid of that stuttering off idle. Medium Timing.
Does it have that extra wire extension on it?

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:18 PM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
Are you talking about extending the Bind plug?
No you enter timing mode by plugging in the the battery with the throttle in the full power position.
It's in the manual. Well at it's in the Devil manual.

Walter
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:28 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,550 Posts
I am referring to the little wire extension that is supposed to be placed btw the RX and the ESC. Some planes have them now (newer ones). Supposedly the cure the stutter issue.

Here is a pic here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=10

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:07 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Love this plane, a friend had one, crashed it, sold it, after repairs, then my friend that bought it, crashed it, brought new one to the field yesterday and today. Yellow was sold out. so he got red instead. Flies great, looks great, mine should be ordered before the week is out. Anything I should know, or order with it for extras, different props, etc? Thanks guys, Greg
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:20 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Love this plane, a friend had one, crashed it, sold it, after repairs, then my friend that bought it, crashed it, brought new one to the field yesterday and today. Yellow was sold out. so he got red instead. Flies great, looks great, mine should be ordered before the week is out. Anything I should know, or order with it for extras, different props, etc? Thanks guys, Greg
Apc 13x6.5 props are better than the stock prop. A prop adapter with set screws are a plus. Go back through this entire group and take a look at the modifications would be a help. May you have many good landings.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:36 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,047 Posts
How much better is the APC 13x6.5 prop, I have one on hand but haven't put it on yet,was waiting to get a few flights and landings in with the stock one in case of damage....On that note, mine needed a little more down thrust, I'm still fiddling with getting my CG and everything set up, weather here has made it hard to get in as much fly time as I would have wanted by now,but she seems to be a excellent flyer, very happy with her so far.
Tatonka is online now Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:45 AM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
How much better is the APC 13x6.5 prop, I have one on hand but haven't put it on yet,was waiting to get a few flights and landings in with the stock one in case of damage....On that note, mine needed a little more down thrust, I'm still fiddling with getting my CG and everything set up, weather here has made it hard to get in as much fly time as I would have wanted by now,but she seems to be a excellent flyer, very happy with her so far.
The stock prop is very flexible. The APC is much stiffer so you get better punch outs.
I removed all thrust from my motor. This allows for no trim and all surfaces to remain neutral.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:44 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_toolman View Post
The stock prop is very flexible. The APC is much stiffer so you get better punch outs.
I removed all thrust from my motor. This allows for no trim and all surfaces to remain neutral.
I wondered about thrust removal, alot of guys tell me about that on all my planes. I just ordered my Peaks last night and cant wait to get it. My friend, (diesel6401) told me to read back through this thread for mod ideas, great info guys thanks!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet