HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:11 AM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
TAKE HIS ADVICE! It's just too too risky. They really do suck and as everyone says, it's a great plane, but it is seriously just a matter of time before they go and to do it in mid-air really sucks... Happy flying.
What servo(s) have you guys switched to??
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:18 AM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
What servo(s) have you guys switched to??
I went over the top, probably unnecessarily, but I do a lot of 3D and like to harrier the plane so I wanted to make sure the elevator servo was solid. I went with the Spektrum 4020. If you go back a few pages, there are posts to different servos folks were using. Best of luck. I'll see if I can send videos of the harrier. It's awesome to watch this big bird so low to the ground just sitting there.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMSA4020
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:39 AM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Happy New Year guys. I just got my Dynam Pitts Python for christmas and was wandering whats the best CG to be used on this bird? It does say 70mm in the manual but reading some forums in here it may seem a little too far back. You giys would be the best people in the know. Any assistance is much appreciated.
Cheers
redbaron1 is offline Find More Posts by redbaron1
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:33 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron1 View Post
Happy New Year guys. I just got my Dynam Pitts Python for christmas and was wandering whats the best CG to be used on this bird? It does say 70mm in the manual but reading some forums in here it may seem a little too far back. You giys would be the best people in the know. Any assistance is much appreciated.
Cheers
my manual says 85-90mm behind the top wing leading edge at the fuselage
oceanway99 is online now Find More Posts by oceanway99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mancave
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanway99 View Post
my manual says 85-90mm behind the top wing leading edge at the fuselage
This is where I put mine, but recognize I like to do 3D with it, ie hovers, etc. it's definitely back. So you can go anywhere forward (toward the motor) pending on your comfort levels. Hope it helps
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:53 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Feb 2012
434 Posts
I maidened it this morning. Lost the prop on the first flight but it came down ok with no damage. Thought I had this cheap spinner tight but guess not. Got some help at the field to get it tight and put 4 packs through it. Fun plane and it flys great. Couple ticks of down elevator because it kept wanting to climb during level flight. Had one nose over after landing a little too hot and hitting the grass. All in all a successful maiden though.
oceanway99 is online now Find More Posts by oceanway99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mancave
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanway99 View Post
I maidened it this morning. Lost the prop on the first flight but it came down ok with no damage. Thought I had this cheap spinner tight but guess not. Got some help at the field to get it tight and put 4 packs through it. Fun plane and it flys great. Couple ticks of down elevator because it kept wanting to climb during level flight. Had one nose over after landing a little too hot and hitting the grass. All in all a successful maiden though.
Congrats! That's awesome! Happy flying
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:20 PM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
This is where I put mine, but recognize I like to do 3D with it, ie hovers, etc. it's definitely back. So you can go anywhere forward (toward the motor) pending on your comfort levels. Hope it helps
Sometimes it makes you wander why these guys can't get the manual right around the world. I am gonna use 85 instead of 70 as the manual here recommends and once I have her trimmed I'll pull it back to suit my level of 3D.
She is a great looking plane and any tips or bad habits she may have is a great help to me.
Thanks guys
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:51 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
For you guys who want to see what the Peaks is capable of, I let a friend who is a 3d pilot fly my Peaks. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlWAhP3NUw
d_toolman is offline Find More Posts by d_toolman
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:59 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:

I even had the battery come loose and slide all the way back through the hole and rest on the top of the bottom wing. She still flew great. This plane does not mind being tail heavy at all.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:59 PM
United States, AZ, Peoria
Joined Aug 2010
1,021 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_toolman View Post
For you guys who want to see what the Peaks is capable of, I let a friend who is a 3d pilot fly my Peaks. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlWAhP3NUw
I really feel like an amateur with my Peak after watching that,
and I did not realize this plane was that capable in the right hands.
flydown is offline Find More Posts by flydown
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:15 PM
Florida,USA
Joined Feb 2011
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flydown View Post
I really feel like an amateur with my Peak after watching that,
and I did not realize this plane was that capable in the right hands.
As you can see from the date on the video it was shot back in May 2012. I am still flying her and plan on flying her in the morning. I am about 1/2 the way to fling her like Mike did but quit a bit higher. Still working my way down closer to the ground. I liked this plane so much I bought 2. The one in the video has the Peaks decals and I had Callie Graphics make the Pitts Python decals for the other one. I flew the Pitts Python today. Love this plane.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:39 AM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,053 Posts
Quote:
I was just curious if your plane was using the stock servos in that video or something else.....Any other mods?....Very nice flying, I finally got to maiden mine yesterday, flew great.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:07 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,503 Posts
Quote:

Yikes!

Tell your friend thanks for showing me how poor my 3D skills really are!!
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:04 PM
Australia, NSW, Casula
Joined Jan 2012
279 Posts
Quote:
I even had the battery come loose and slide all the way back through the hole and rest on the top of the bottom wing. She still flew great. This plane does not mind being tail heavy at all.
Thats really handy to know..