HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Imo, the 2200mah are a better choice...the weight gain is negligible, and you get both more punch (due more mah) and another 2.5 min flt time (other things equal) ...on the other hand the 1800s help float in for an easier & slower landing
The Nitro guy, Tony, said the 1800 were better for 3D.

I just hope the decals are not on already. They are ugly. I might paint some white strips on the bottom or something too.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
Imo, the 2200mah are a better choice...the weight gain is negligible, and you get both more punch (due more mah) and another 2.5 min flt time (other things equal) ...on the other hand the 1800s help float in for an easier & slower landing
Now I'm no lipo expert, but as far as I know, the mAh is only the storage capacity, like an electrical gas tank if you will. The more mAh, the longer you can fly. And it's not a one-to-one relationship between capacity and flight time since larger capacity packs are heavier and require more energy to stay up. More punch comes primarily from an increase in voltage (ie: number of cells in the pack). However, small changes in power can be achieved by decreasing internal resistance. That's where the 'C' or discharge rate comes in to play. So a 35C lipo CAN produce more punch than a 20C but only if the motor demands it. One other thing that can affect internal lipo resistance is the ambiant temperature. I believe lipos have the least resistance at around 105'F. So a slightly warmer lipo will allow the current to pass more easily. Flying in really cold weather will hinder flight performance. Although I wouldn't know that last fact first-hand since I live in sunny South Florida. ;-).

Larry
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I'm very happy to see that the servo rod connectors (I forget what they're actually called) have backplates and aren't solely glued on. Seems like a good quality plane. This will be my first Dynam.

Larry
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
My lipo packs from that 'other' discount vendor should be here today. My Peaks is scheduled to arrive Monday. I plan on assembling it Monday night and will try to get to the field on Tuesday to maiden it after work. Do you guys want any specific pictures or feedback of the assembly? Any specific maneuvers you want me to try and report back on at the field? Just know that I'm not a 3D pilot but I could do a few maneuvers. I'll try to take video of the flight.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:53 AM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
My lipo packs from that 'other' discount vendor should be here today. My Peaks is scheduled to arrive Monday. I plan on assembling it Monday night and will try to get to the field on Tuesday to maiden it after work. Do you guys want any specific pictures or feedback of the assembly? Any specific maneuvers you want me to try and report back on at the field? Just know that I'm not a 3D pilot but I could do a few maneuvers. I'll try to take video of the flight.
I wouldn't mind knowing if there are things you had difficulty getting together. Or if you thought some parts were poor quality and would like to replace them with other after-market parts. I didnt see a pic of it unassembled on the site so hard to say how much assembly will be required. Hopefully just wings and rods etc. Mine supposed to be here tuesday, have fun.
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Old Feb 09, 2012, 10:43 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,556 Posts
Hey Tony,
Will you be bringing the Peaks and SU-26M to Toledo?
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
Bombs Away...
United States, MI, Lambertville
Joined Nov 2009
262 Posts
Is nitro even coming to toledo? im working the toledo weak signals show and i dont think i heard if they are or not.

If you are Bring some FMS 800MM series war birds ill pick one up from you.
AL1EN is offline Find More Posts by AL1EN
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,556 Posts
I assumed they were. They been there the last two years.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,556 Posts
Yeah they're going to be there.

http://www.toledoshow.com/index.cfm?...ria=&Stype=All
Old Feb 09, 2012, 03:45 PM
Add Lightness
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Tony, When will the price be corrected for the unpainted (white) Peaks?
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, MI, Royal Oak
Joined Nov 2005
1,360 Posts
HAD to order one. This will be my first large 3D plane. Ive got a few 6mm 3D that Ive been practicing with for the past couple months. This thing just looked too cool.....Im gunna have a hard time hiding this one from the GF.
JGuilty13 is offline Find More Posts by JGuilty13
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:39 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,354 Posts
I want one so bad but I do not have the funds. Stupid bills getting in the way! I hope they do not raise the price too much and keep the red scheme. I really like the red and black it looks great! I am a sucker for biplanes and would really love a good 3D one that is foam.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
And Jguilt & AZ, here's another model you just HAVE to get: the Dynam 48" Sbach 342.

I gotta say...the more time I put on this plank the better I like it. And I never thought I'd I say this, but I like it BETTER than my CarbonZ Yak.

So if this Dynam bipe flies like anything like the Sbach, I'm gonna be a certified Dynam fanboy.
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:23 PM
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Another Bipe.... Opinions???

Ok this is the wrong thread but I'll ask anyway...

I've had my eye on this puppy for a while now

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14881

PNP, $106 shipped to my door. Decent lookin little bipe with a huge fanbase.

Anybody here got one?
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Old Feb 09, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Anyone know what type of lipo pack lead is on the ESC?