to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:22 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Anyone know where I can get a new motor bracket for the plane? Grayson has a ton and not sure which one is correct...
Call Basil (Grayson), they have always been very responsive
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Dec 03, 2012, 12:15 AM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaguy View Post
Call Basil (Grayson), they have always been very responsive
Thanks Bama!
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:04 AM
Joined Aug 2010
241 Posts
Finished building the peaks--what a beautiful plane. I have the black & gold--the colors of my beloved Iowa Hawkeyes. May put some Hawk stickers on it. Bad news is the weather has turned here in Iowa and I won't be able to fly it till spring. Good news is the weather turned bad here in Iowa so I won't be able to crash it till spring, and will have to admire it's pristine beauty all winter in my living room--lol.
Just want to thank all you fine folks for the help provided in doing the build.--Bo
bostomper is offline Find More Posts by bostomper
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostomper View Post
Finished building the peaks--what a beautiful plane. I have the black & gold--the colors of my beloved Iowa Hawkeyes. May put some Hawk stickers on it. Bad news is the weather has turned here in Iowa and I won't be able to fly it till spring. Good news is the weather turned bad here in Iowa so I won't be able to crash it till spring, and will have to admire it's pristine beauty all winter in my living room--lol.
Just want to thank all you fine folks for the help provided in doing the build.--Bo
Maybe time for Ski's!
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:58 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,630 Posts
Quote:
i say the same thing ,lol it also gives you the time to check and recheck ,everybit and screw to make sure you built it right
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2007
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i say the same thing ,lol it also gives you the time to check and recheck ,everybit and screw to make sure you built it right
Flew Peaks Saturday and Sunday, 66-70 degrees both days, mild breeze.
You all need to move South!! Absolutley love this plane, have to watch timer as I only get 5-6 minutes with 4C 2600. May need to look into different battery, these are Sky 40C cells.

Tim in NC
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Aug 2010
241 Posts
Whoa Tim--stop--I just turned green with envy!!! My daughter lives in Arizona and wants me to move there, not sure I could handle the heat in the summer. Perhaps I could take up a collection(donation) from you folks so I could own a house down there as well as here in the frozen north.lol--Bo
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:32 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,630 Posts
Quote:
Whoa Tim--stop--I just turned green with envy!!! My daughter lives in Arizona and wants me to move there, not sure I could handle the heat in the summer. Perhaps I could take up a collection(donation) from you folks so I could own a house down there as well as here in the frozen north.lol--Bo
sure gimmie your paypal addy i will be the first to donate a penny , ok i will donate 2cents
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Aug 2010
241 Posts
U the man, sandman--Bo
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:23 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
sure gimmie your paypal addy i will be the first to donate a penny , ok i will donate 2cents
sign me up .02 also.....anything to help a fellow Northerner.....I used to live in Peabody and Winthrop MA. Was 67 deg her yesterday !
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
Crashmaster
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
I dunno....it's awfully chilly this morning in Los Angeles (relative to normal, that is)
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Jan 2007
948 Posts
Quote:
I have a friend that lives in Mesa Verdi Arizona, high enough altitude the summers are not too bad. When I visited him I told wife we were buying lot next door. She said no way, she would never see me again. There was Full Scale airport on just above his place and lots of open space to fly models. He and I used to do motorcycle rides and SCCA racing years ago and she knew what would happen if we back near each other again! Very clear skies for telescope also!!!!!
Tim
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Subsurface flying expert
United States, AZ
Joined Oct 2012
188 Posts
Just flew my newly restored Peaks over the weekend. The weather here (southern AZ) was perfect, no skis required. I had forgotten how much fun this plane can be. I run it with Turnigh nano-tech 4S 3300s. The fit perfectly under the forward wing support and balance nicely. I am working on custom vinyl for her, right now only the bottom and top wings have anything on them.

http://www.flyinggolem.com/wp-conten...2/IMG_3075.jpg
FlyingGolem is offline Find More Posts by FlyingGolem
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingGolem View Post
Just flew my newly restored Peaks over the weekend. The weather here (southern AZ) was perfect, no skis required. I had forgotten how much fun this plane can be. I run it with Turnigh nano-tech 4S 3300s. The fit perfectly under the forward wing support and balance nicely. I am working on custom vinyl for her, right now only the bottom and top wings have anything on them.

http://www.flyinggolem.com/wp-conten...2/IMG_3075.jpg
Dude! Nice storm trooper!! My buddy has an angry bird in there which he supplements for the muppets Animal. Plane looks good.
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007