thanks
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:37 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
I use this $35 HD 720p Wing Camera from HobbyKing. Works great!

HD Wing Camera

Here is a flight video from my Pitts from the camera above. Be sure to watch it 720p and full screen to see how good/bad the camera is for $35!

Yeah I know the prop is annoying to some, sorry.

Dynam Pitts FPV (4 min 2 sec)
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 13, 2012, 08:46 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,795 Posts
Got mine today...ordered Sunday from Grayson and UPS dropped it at my doorstep this afternoon.
Everything in perfect shape, BUT the Python decals were missing (they were pictured on the box).
Anyone else had this problem? On a positive note, the included pilot does not look like he belongs in a F-16. He, and the canopy are not pre-installed......glad to see that change.
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:08 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,509 Posts
They weren't able to release the plane with the PYTHON decals for legal reasons I believe, so we get the "awesome" DYNAM decals instead
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:22 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
I use this $35 HD 720p Wing Camera from HobbyKing. Works great!

HD Wing Camera

Here is a flight video from my Pitts from the camera above. Be sure to watch it 720p and full screen to see how good/bad the camera is for $35!

Yeah I know the prop is annoying to some, sorry.

http://youtu.be/WnVtD25Kkuw
Thanks for the camera help (everyone who posted). Nice video and flying. One suggestion on camera position for "relative" pilots eye view like you were shooting. Move the camera back on the plane to offer more perspective for the viewer. Biplanes are great if you put it back near the cockpit the wings frame the action (try it). You'd be amazed how much better you aerobatics look also, try some nice KE passes with it mounted like that! The "surveillance" or birds eye view is the one you want clear in the foreground.
Thanks again for the help.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:21 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
Your right, mounting it on the wing would be a much nicer shot! Thanks!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Mar 2007
18 Posts
Shipping

Ordered one the 7th. My Birthday is the 15th. I was hoping to have my new toy by then. Find out it just shipped out yesterday!! 6 days to get it shipped seems kinda long. Oh well, it will be a late gift
mauijed is offline Find More Posts by mauijed
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Mar 2007
18 Posts
I've ordered from nitroplanes in the past and they were pretty quick with shipping. I paid 37.00 to get it here to Hawaii.
mauijed is offline Find More Posts by mauijed
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,620 Posts
Anytime NP runs one of their big weekend sales, they get backed up pretty quick.
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
flying or crashing into air?
Australia, VIC, Langwarrin
Joined Feb 2011
1,342 Posts
Just finished reading the thread .
Thanks for all the mod info , it makes buying a new model so much easier if you know what to expect.
All mods will be done before flying.
I have bought the one from the Hobbking Aus wharehose and should have it in the next few days. AU$130 delivered is a great price
From what I have read it should be a fun model
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
215 Posts
Welcome to the club wizzard363.........

You are going to LOVE this biplane
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:21 AM
flying or crashing into air?
Australia, VIC, Langwarrin
Joined Feb 2011
1,342 Posts
The model arrived today and is now ready to go with all recomended mods made .
Used HK939MG servos for elevator and rudder . They are smaller than the servos fitted but I had 2 smaller plastic servo mouting brackets left from a plastics kit I bought for my Dynam Meteor a while back .
I removed the stock bracket and made the hole smaller using a piece of depron glued into place. These will do until the Hitecs arrive
Used these servos in a few models now and they are great . Strong enough to do the job and give me full throws on the control surfaces using the longest hole on the servo arm and middle hole on the horns i used (not stock)
also used different push rods on the tail , Dubro I think from the LHS
Might use the same rods to join the ailerons as the stock ones seem a bit short , had to wind the cleveis right out to get them level and dont think its holding on with much thread
Thats the only thing I did different to most others .
Must have got a bad prop/spinner as mine was balanced out of the box , did not need to do a thing and no vibrations when bench tested.
Just ordered some M2 nyloc nuts as I can see the wing mounting bolts coming loose even with loc tight and CA glue.
Will maiden tomorrow with stock prop and might try a 14X7 APC . Got some 13x8 APC and wooden props coming so should find a combo to suit .
Thanks again for all who have posted the mods needed and other info in this thread
wizzard363 is offline Find More Posts by wizzard363
Last edited by wizzard363; Nov 18, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:27 PM
From Sunny Tasmania, Australia
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
Peaks purchase

I have just read through all 120 pages of the thread and I too have made the leap, expecting to recieve mine in a few days. I was planning on the purchase for christmas, but after reading the posts and how people "love" this model coupled with a limited stock in the Australian Warehouse I leaped early.

Thanks to all those that have posted replies, suggestions, videos and photos. I will be making the neccessary mods and hope to have her in the air by the weekend.
Eddyathome is offline Find More Posts by Eddyathome
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:58 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Bummer. Just went to order from HK however you can't backorder . Hopefully it comes back in stock soonish.
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
660 Posts
Checkout Grayson hobby
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007