Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:42 AM
Add Lightness
MNadMan's Avatar
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Dec 2011
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
151,00 shipped to my house for the red one. thats an offer i couldnt pass up,
you guys who've bought since last Saturday, you're using the 10% off code, correct? NPBowl10
expired now (this morning) but was still working last night (02.07.2012)
was $117 plus shipping for the red.
MNadMan is offline Find More Posts by MNadMan
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2012, 09:51 AM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
How do you all plan to manage the popping off of that hatch above the receiver (as in the video)? Antonio recommends silicone or similar adhesive. I was thinking about adding a small set of rare-earth magnets. I just don't know where to get them. I was also thinking about some double-sided tape. Any thoughts?
Any hobby shop should carry rare earth magnets.

Or you can order from www.kjmagnetics.com this is where I got all of mine, super cheap and many different sizes.

Get the N52 magnets, they are SUPER strong and use only 1 set of magnets to hold my EDF jet noses on.

Foam safe CA is brittle when dry can break off from the strong magnets smacking each other. I use flexible CA to adhere these magnets.

I know *gasp* regular CA on foam! The EPO birds I have seem to be okay with regular CA, it does eat the paint, but the EPO foam seems okay. But don't just take my word on this and test it in a small area to make sure it doesn't eat your foam. (My testing was done on Airfields/FMS & SkyAngel EPO Foam)

I plan to use magnets for that second RX hatch.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:04 AM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Any hobby shop should carry rare earth magnets.

Or you can order from www.kjmagnetics.com this is where I got all of mine, super cheap and many different sizes.

Get the N52 magnets, they are SUPER strong and use only 1 set of magnets to hold my EDF jet noses on.

Foam safe CA is brittle when dry can break off from the strong magnets smacking each other. I use flexible CA to adhere these magnets.

I know *gasp* regular CA on foam! The EPO birds I have seem to be okay with regular CA, it does eat the paint, but the EPO foam seems okay. But don't just take my word on this and test it in a small area to make sure it doesn't eat your foam. (My testing was done on Airfields/FMS & SkyAngel EPO Foam)

I plan to use magnets for that second RX hatch.
Great! Thanks for the link. I'm planning on getting these. What do you think? My regular CA and foam safe seem to be equally brittle. I mounted magnets in the past with the white bathroom-type silicone and that works great. I'll use a heated foam cutter to bore out some space for the magnets and place a drop of the silicone in there. I think that should work well.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:12 AM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Great! Thanks for the link. I'm planning on getting these. What do you think? My regular CA and foam safe seem to be equally brittle. I mounted magnets in the past with the white bathroom-type silicone and that works great. I'll use a heated foam cutter to bore out some space for the magnets and place a drop of the silicone in there. I think that should work well.
Those look great, though squareish ones might fit better in the hatch edges. But damn I need to get some round ones, cause now that I think of it, you can use a drill bit to make a precise dent in the foam to mount the magnets flush. (using an exacto currently)

The flex CA I have dries more like a hard rubber, it dries to like a clear/whitish, though if you put it on thick it takes a long time to dry. I just like it cause it goes into cracks. Come to think of it, I've never really tried the traditional CA on EPO foam, just this flex-CA and foam safe.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8448
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 10:22 AM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Regular CA works great on all EPO. Foam Safe CA is not nearly as strong so regular CA is ideal for EPO. Also if you don't live in a really cold area hot glue works the best IMO.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 12:01 PM
Registered User
lkagan's Avatar
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Those look great, though squareish ones might fit better in the hatch edges. But damn I need to get some round ones, cause now that I think of it, you can use a drill bit to make a precise dent in the foam to mount the magnets flush. (using an exacto currently)

The flex CA I have dries more like a hard rubber, it dries to like a clear/whitish, though if you put it on thick it takes a long time to dry. I just like it cause it goes into cracks. Come to think of it, I've never really tried the traditional CA on EPO foam, just this flex-CA and foam safe.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8448
I didn't know that flexible CA existed. I'll have to pick up some and mess with it.

I just ordered a small assortment of different magnets from that site (including square) so I'm sure I'll have a set that fits. It's a shame that my product cost was $6 and shipping is $5. Oh well.
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 05:57 PM
Going broke, dam this hobby
xlrDALLAS's Avatar
cleveland oh
Joined Mar 2009
627 Posts
mine was shiped today, should have by tuesday next week
xlrDALLAS is offline Find More Posts by xlrDALLAS
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:03 PM
Luck is my skill
queadlunnrau's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
mine was shiped today, should have by tuesday next week
Mine will be in Friday, but my LiPo's haven't even shipped yet ... =(

I'm tempted to maiden it on a 2200mAh 3s ... hmm just scale flying ... wonder if it's a bad idea ...
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:03 PM
Help me pick up the pieces
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2011
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlrDALLAS View Post
mine was shiped today, should have by tuesday next week
The same for me, just got the email. That should be plenty of time to get some batteries and put'er together for some weekend flying.
crockett828 is offline Find More Posts by crockett828
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:14 PM
Registered User
THESANDMAN's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
How do you all plan to manage the popping off of that hatch above the receiver (as in the video)? Antonio recommends silicone or similar adhesive. I was thinking about adding a small set of rare-earth magnets. I just don't know where to get them. I was also thinking about some double-sided tape. Any thoughts?
you can get the magnets on ebay , radio shack , i belive HK sells them . and headsuprc.com as well
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 07:32 PM
Registered User
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Mine will be in Friday, but my LiPo's haven't even shipped yet ... =(

I'm tempted to maiden it on a 2200mAh 3s ... hmm just scale flying ... wonder if it's a bad idea ...
Wont hurt anything, flying would be kinda mild and I imagine the cg would shift aft with the lighter batts
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2012, 11:51 PM
Video Juggernaut
Wingbreaker's Avatar
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,652 Posts
I ordered one with 2 1800mah batteries. Only $187 shipped with two batts.
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2012, 01:12 AM
Registered User
P.I.Engineer's Avatar
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
622 Posts
i wonder what flight times will be with 1800 batteries

I'm hoping for at least 5 mins
P.I.Engineer is offline Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:33 AM
Registered User
United States, GA, Newnan
Joined Aug 2010
1,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
i wonder what flight times will be with 1800 batteries

I'm hoping for at least 5 mins
Imo, the 2200mah are a better choice...the weight gain is negligible, and you get both more punch (due more mah) and another 2.5 min flt time (other things equal) ...on the other hand the 1800s help float in for an easier & slower landing
poiyt is offline Find More Posts by poiyt
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2012, 08:16 AM
Registered User
FlyWW1's Avatar
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Pics are up.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/60a-dy894...s-red-arf.html
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold Eflite Pitts Model 12 Arfrm,BNF,PNP Any way navihawk Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 6 Nov 14, 2011 06:35 PM
Found 4s 2200 mAh lipo for my Pitts Model 12 stwaller12 Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 0 Sep 15, 2011 05:54 AM
Build Log Peak Model 50cc Pitts Model 12 Biplane Electric Conversion maverickma Giant Electric Planes 228 Sep 09, 2011 08:23 AM
Sold E-Flite Pitts Model 12 15e Biplane milehigh club Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 5 May 19, 2011 08:08 PM
Discussion Goldberg ARF Pitts P-12 (model 12) IronKnees Fuel Plane Talk 12 Jan 08, 2007 10:33 AM