Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:08 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by naryan View Post
My FPV Pitts!

When are we going to see some fpv video?
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:00 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
You flew it 32 times in a day?
No only 14 for the Peaks!

I live 5 minutes away from where I fly. My timer is set for 5 minutes for the 2200 packs and 4 for the 1800. I bring her down, change battery, check controls and right back up!! Takes me about 40-60 minutes to blow through 6 packs.

I can charge all 6 of my batts for the Peaks in about 30 minutes with the Powerlab 6!

Yesterday I had the Peaks, PZ P47 and Trex 450 to "Play" with:

5 X 3S 2200 Batts for rex
3 X 3S 2650 for P47 but I steal a flight or "two" with the 4S 2200s I have for the Peaks. Crazy Speed!!!!!

So after 14 Batts and 2hrs at the "Feild" (Grocery Store) it's off to charge!

6 X 4S packs charging at once in parrallel takes 30 minutes, after they're done, time to charge the 3S... 3 X 2650s and 3 X 2200 takes 30 minutes as well.

While this is happening, I get to play with the Blade Nano CPx!!! I have 12 of the little 1s batts that I get about 3-4 minutes of flight time each but I only flew 6 during that charging time.

Back off to the "Field" with 12 more batts! This time got 6 flights in with the Peaks! NO WIND AT ALL and the weather was nice considering the time of year! My hands didn't get cold not once.

2hrs later... back to the house to charge and crab a bite to eat! Wife calls and ask how I was feeling,....I told her better and I was just getting a bite to eat and just lounging....

This time only charged the six packs for the Peaks and headed right back out! 4 Flights with Peaks and 2 with P47 and called it quits for the day!

Yeah right!!!!! Still somehow managed to get 12 more Nano flights in...would have been more but motor died on me...I wonder why? so had to feed the need with about an hour of RealFlight!!!

Quote:
Woah! That is a lot of flying!
Yep with 40 amps of charging power, my flight time increased dramatically!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl449 View Post
UniDaHero please click here!!!
If you count the 18 packs with the nano and the 32 packs at the "Field"....

Disclaimer: This is not normal for me!!!! I am usually satisfied with one trip but the weather was perfect and I called off so I was determined to make the best out of my "Uni's day off"!
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Oct 2007
56 Posts
Quote:
My FPV Pitts!

Can't wait to watch the video!
UniDaHero is offline Find More Posts by UniDaHero
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:30 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
269 Posts
well i just got home and i had a box sitting in the living room. it was my peaks. open the box right up and checked everything to make sure no damage and to my surprice there was none. i am lucky. i will start work on her most likely next week.
jdm2ner is online now Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Last edited by jdm2ner; Nov 08, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
No only 14 for the Peaks!

I live 5 minutes away from where I fly. My timer is set for 5 minutes for the 2200 packs and 4 for the 1800. I bring her down, change battery, check controls and right back up!! Takes me about 40-60 minutes to blow through 6 packs.

I can charge all 6 of my batts for the Peaks in about 30 minutes with the Powerlab 6!

Yesterday I had the Peaks, PZ P47 and Trex 450 to "Play" with:

5 X 3S 2200 Batts for rex
3 X 3S 2650 for P47 but I steal a flight or "two" with the 4S 2200s I have for the Peaks. Crazy Speed!!!!!

So after 14 Batts and 2hrs at the "Feild" (Grocery Store) it's off to charge!

6 X 4S packs charging at once in parrallel takes 30 minutes, after they're done, time to charge the 3S... 3 X 2650s and 3 X 2200 takes 30 minutes as well.

While this is happening, I get to play with the Blade Nano CPx!!! I have 12 of the little 1s batts that I get about 3-4 minutes of flight time each but I only flew 6 during that charging time.

Back off to the "Field" with 12 more batts! This time got 6 flights in with the Peaks! NO WIND AT ALL and the weather was nice considering the time of year! My hands didn't get cold not once.

2hrs later... back to the house to charge and crab a bite to eat! Wife calls and ask how I was feeling,....I told her better and I was just getting a bite to eat and just lounging....

This time only charged the six packs for the Peaks and headed right back out! 4 Flights with Peaks and 2 with P47 and called it quits for the day!

Yeah right!!!!! Still somehow managed to get 12 more Nano flights in...would have been more but motor died on me...I wonder why? so had to feed the need with about an hour of RealFlight!!!

Yep with 40 amps of charging power, my flight time increased dramatically!

If you count the 18 packs with the nano and the 32 packs at the "Field"....

Disclaimer: This is not normal for me!!!! I am usually satisfied with one trip but the weather was perfect and I called off so I was determined to make the best out of my "Uni's day off"!
Boy I thought I was bad going to the field with 5 planes (Peaks, 48" 3DHS Edge, Tech one Yak, and 2 64 mm EDFs (stinger and airfield f18) with a 50 cal ammo box full of 3 and 4 cells and an AC 680 w parallel board hooked up to the car battery. I joked with the boys the other day that all I need now is my tent and camping gear and I'd be set for the week!
Good on you. Keep burning lipos!
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Last edited by dth7; Nov 08, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:13 PM
Always puts it on the numbers.
United States, AL, Sylacauga
Joined Jul 2012
1,147 Posts
I feel guilty just being able to walk out my door and fly now guys....
Pitts, Thuging around the property in Hanover. (5 min 41 sec)
Spookeay is offline Find More Posts by Spookeay
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:17 PM
JOHN 3:16
Central Ohio
Joined Feb 2008
6,428 Posts
H/King??

You guys see this????

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...067mm_EPO.html

I hope Dynam hasn't sold out to H/King.

The PYTHON decals -- wonder if you'll actually get those or will they be the "awesome" DYNAM ones??
Sammy70 is offline Find More Posts by Sammy70
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, PA, Port Allegany
Joined Aug 2012
162 Posts
Sure looks like the Dynam
74charger is offline Find More Posts by 74charger
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:39 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74charger View Post
Sure looks like the Dynam
It's the dynam......even has the same motor and everything. Tried buying it to see what the shipping cost would be.....it's only stocked in the AUS wharehouse and when I tried to order it...it said "unable to ship to USA" so I guess it's only for the Aussies right now.

I'm sure shipping to USA would make it way too much compared to Nitro or Grayson.

If it gets stocked in the usa wharehouse.....it would be a good price if shipping was reasonable.

This is one of the Best flying airplanes I have ever had.....would buy another in the future....already bought two.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Nov 09, 2012, 07:38 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
It's the dynam......even has the same motor and everything. Tried buying it to see what the shipping cost would be.....it's only stocked in the AUS wharehouse and when I tried to order it...it said "unable to ship to USA" so I guess it's only for the Aussies right now.

I'm sure shipping to USA would make it way too much compared to Nitro or Grayson.

If it gets stocked in the usa wharehouse.....it would be a good price if shipping was reasonable.

This is one of the Best flying airplanes I have ever had.....would buy another in the future....already bought two.
Grayson Hobbies carries the Dynam WACO maybe we can persude them to carry Pitts.
Agree this is a great plane and great value, ready to Miaden WACO when time and weather permits. Both just barely fit in my short bed Taco.
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:15 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
Grayson Hobbies carries the Dynam WACO maybe we can persude them to carry Pitts.
Tim
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...np-p-2003.html

Grayson DOES carry the Pitts already.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Nov 09, 2012, 06:40 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
269 Posts
well started working on her today. got most of it done need to put the wings on and adjust all the linkages. added some hinge tape to all the control surfaces. sill have more to do. will post pics later
jdm2ner is online now Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Nov 10, 2012, 03:02 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,555 Posts
I got a flight in today despite some crazy wind. Still a fun plane

Dynam Peaks Onboard 11/10/2012 (7 min 30 sec)

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:45 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,737 Posts
Subscribed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
http://www.graysonhobby.com/catalog/...np-p-2003.html

Grayson DOES carry the Pitts already.
I just pulled the trigger on this one from Grayson..(even tho NitroPlanes has it for 10% off this weekend)! Prefer to help out the smaller business folks.

I have the Dynam GrandCruiser and their "TurboJet", also. Looks as though this one is another WINNER from the Dynam folks

Great info in this thread...thanks to all

-Gary
bamaguy is online now Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
Rotor Addict
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Dec 2008
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookeay View Post
When are we going to see some fpv video?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniDaHero View Post
Can't wait to watch the video!
I actually found that I love FPV flying so I moved my FPV stuff over to a Sky Surfer that I just bought. And bought a nice pan/tilt and Range Video OSD with GPS, auto pilot ect. My Peaks will go back to being my 3d plane.

naryan is offline Find More Posts by naryan