SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Well, finally got the kit together....was a little miffed at Nitro....the kit came without the fake radial motor in the cowl...and also did not have the plastic inserts where the tail servos screw in.

I contacted Nitro and after several e mails was told the Radial facade does not come with the kit.....well the website says "everything but the electronics" They need to better explain the products on their website.....and "shame on Dynam" I used the Motor facade from my other bipe, but it ticks me off.

Used two coats of brushed on water based poly semi gloss. Also did the painted canopy....like the look and got rid of the pilot.....since he did a pretty "crappy" job of flying the other one. !
wow that is preety lame on nitro and dynam. if it ever comes down to the fact i need another peaks im just going to buy an ARF ,
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:48 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
On a comic side note, has anyone ever used this method before?

(Question) How do you know what motor to use?

How I decided on that motor,I took the KV rating multiplied it by the number of Lipo cells, divided by milliamps then took the prop size cut one blade off,measured the diameter and got the square root of the length of the field I'm flying at,glued the blade back on and divided it by pie R squared,got that Number and took a dump on it then used a temperature probe in the feces and if it was over 98 I went with a lower KV motor....
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Oct 20, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post

How I decided on that motor,I took the KV rating multiplied it by the number of Lipo cells, divided by milliamps then took the prop size cut one blade off,measured the diameter and got the square root of the length of the field I'm flying at,glued the blade back on and divided it by pie R squared,got that Number and took a dump on it then used a temperature probe in the feces and if it was over 98 I went with a lower KV motor....

lol lol i have to copy and paste this and email it to my flying buddies at the club im in , that was hilarious
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:54 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post

Sounds about right to me ! However you have to take into account if your above 3000ft sea level...that will lower the temp of the poopage, and also if you ate icecream just before.....you might want to drop the kva by 100.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:57 PM
flying is everything
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Oct 2010
267 Posts
so at the end do yo guys like this plane im thinkin about getting it
jdm2ner is offline Find More Posts by jdm2ner
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:50 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2ner View Post
I think if you go back a few pages beyond this "banter" you will find that this plane is a great value, a stable platform for sport and 3D and forgiving on landing as well as handling moderate + winds. Note- take an hour or two to do the recommended mods (see attachments to thread for the pics). The "musts" IMHO - the firewall beef up, the battery strap install and gear gluing in. I did move to a hinged elevator but the rest of the hinges and servos are stock after 20 or so flights (some hard 3D, snapping, tumbling, blenders, etc). I also put on a wooden prop for looks and a little better performance (didn't need it).
Get one, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
I think if you go back a few pages beyond this "banter" you will find that this plane is a great value, a stable platform for sport and 3D and forgiving on landing as well as handling moderate + winds. Note- take an hour or two to do the recommended mods (see attachments to thread for the pics). The "musts" IMHO - the firewall beef up, the battery strap install and gear gluing in. I did move to a hinged elevator but the rest of the hinges and servos are stock after 20 or so flights (some hard 3D, snapping, tumbling, blenders, etc). I also put on a wooden prop for looks and a little better performance (didn't need it).
Get one, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.
Ditto
I really like this bird! Makes me look like a better flyer than I am, very stable and easy to see (I have red and black) glides in like a cub. I fly at mostly 1/2-3/4 throttle unless I am doing verticle rolls (goes out of site while rolling!). I have the HK Stitts but never finished it as it needs lots of work out of box, this just a few easy mods.
I applied 2 coats of polycrylic semi-gloss and it really looks sharp. One of the best values around and backs that up with excellent manners!
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:04 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
yes !
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
no . it sucks . the more people that agree with me the more chances that they will drop the price on the plane . because no one is buying it .
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
no . it sucks. the more people that agree with me the more chances that they will drop the price on the plane . because no one is buying it .
Also the more chance of it being discontinued ala no more parts.
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:48 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Love it ! Maidened the yellow one today.....almost no trim needed. First plane I have ever owned that will do a Knife edge LOOP !! couldn't believe it. I liked the red white and blue one but this one really Rocks. Everyone at the field is amazed at how well it flys.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau View Post
Also the more chance of it being discontinued ala no more parts.
you are so right . my starmax giant A-1 skyraider has been discontinued after a year of it being out
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:43 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Love it ! Maidened the yellow one today.....almost no trim needed. First plane I have ever owned that will do a Knife edge LOOP !! couldn't believe it. I liked the red white and blue one but this one really Rocks. Everyone at the field is amazed at how well it flys.

Great to hear!

Is that Edwin Warner Park? I've never been there. It's quite a drive from Gallatin. I fly at Peeler Park in Neely's Bend a lot though.
SD One. is online now Find More Posts by SD One.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:01 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One. View Post
Great to hear!

Is that Edwin Warner Park? I've never been there. It's quite a drive from Gallatin. I fly at Peeler Park in Neely's Bend a lot though.
Yes...It is Edwin Warner.....we can only fly Mon - Fri 8am - 3pm except Dec-Jan-and Feb...we can fly weekends....come on down sometime....we are a really friendly bunch of old retirees
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,037 Posts
Prop Adaptor

Although I dod not feel a lot of vibration the stock adator seems to have a lot of wobble. I have some e-flite and PZ adaptors that fit stock motor shaft (sorry no numbers from memory). Having ability to use off shelf props and less run out seems to be a no brainer!
Also I have tapped all the wing strut and cabane mounting points to use 3MM button head machine screws, no more little @@### nuts to worry about!
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn