SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 15, 2012, 06:49 AM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
United States, NH, Greenland
Joined Feb 2012
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by w4yn View Post
This is my first high current draw plane, 2600's were about 3/4 or more gone in 4 minutes charging now and will know results later.
Guess I am used to UM and PZ foamies!
Would 3300's be too much weight up front?
They fit but snug!
Tim
Hmm, I've been getting 5-5:30 out of 2200 packs. I'm using 30c and flying pretty hard. I think the 3300 would be too heavy unless all you want to do us sport flying. It must be a small 3300 to fit in there without carving. What's the condition of that 2650? You should be getting at least 5 min out of it.
dth7 is offline Find More Posts by dth7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:57 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
Hmm, I've been getting 5-5:30 out of 2200 packs. I'm using 30c and flying pretty hard. I think the 3300 would be too heavy unless all you want to do us sport flying. It must be a small 3300 to fit in there without carving. What's the condition of that 2650? You should be getting at least 5 min out of it.
Tnx for comments
This is new 2600 Sky 40C first cycle so it may improve and I will watch timer closly next time out. I would like to get 5-6 or more minutes flying at mostly 1/2 - 3/4 throttle and it seems like this is realistic based on your experience.
Stay tuned for more flights, I do like this plane!
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
4,620 Posts
I hear you on the kit expectations. You are used to FMS kits where everything is put together, just no electronics

Kman
kman24 is offline Find More Posts by kman24
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth7 View Post
It does say "Kit" doesn't it! Just sayin.
Yeah....just spoiled.....made kits for over 50 years....just not used to it any more....actually as far as kits go....I wish all my past kit airplanes came painted and ready to go after just assembly. I was just surprised it wasn't a kit minus the electrics......AND they give you NO instructions on assembly.....there are a few little things that could cause problems....like installing the spar before putting in the center cabane supports.....the little black holders that the screws go into.....6 out of the 19 or so are a little different and made for the scres to pass through....if you thought they were all the same and installed and glues fuse....you would be screwed.

Other than that is really is a pleasurable kit to assemble.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined Oct 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
I could too, but unfortunately I'm down here in No. Cal. and we're finally getting some more rain!

Thanks for the video!
were in No. CA im down in san jose and fly at rancho san antanio and also wave masters
Hucker Lover is offline Find More Posts by Hucker Lover
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:38 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Man.....I have already said it but the kit has NOTHING put together, if I had it to do over I would buy the complete a/c and have a spare motor and esc for another $30 bucks. Even the fuse was not glued together.....the good news is you can easily do the motor mount and gear mod to strengthen them real easy.

Did I tell you that NOTHING is glued......all the magnets, spar, wing attachments, etc.

It does make you feel like your "Building" and airplane and not just buying a foamy....so I guess it's not all bad. Installed hinges on all control surfaces while I was at it.

will have to swap everything out of the red white and blue one some time in the future....
you do have an advantage of being able to put better stuff in or modify the frame for performance . i may just get one as a spare part for the one i have now . im really liking this plane to the point im taking with me everytime i go the the flying field . and that was something i used to do with my funcub , now my funcub is in the closet collecting dust
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
If you need to order spare wings be sure and order struts and cabane kit, wings are bare sans spar, horns and spar.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Man.....I have already said it but the kit has NOTHING put together, if I had it to do over I would buy the complete a/c and have a spare motor and esc for another $30 bucks. Even the fuse was not glued together.....the good news is you can easily do the motor mount and gear mod to strengthen them real easy.

Did I tell you that NOTHING is glued......all the magnets, spar, wing attachments, etc.

It does make you feel like your "Building" and airplane and not just buying a foamy....so I guess it's not all bad. Installed hinges on all control surfaces while I was at it.

will have to swap everything out of the red white and blue one some time in the future....
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Dynam Peaks Photos

Just wanted to share photos of my recently purchased Dynam Peaks biplane. I made the decals myself. They turned out pretty good for my first try. I love the plane - handles like a dream!
texs24 is offline Find More Posts by texs24
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
456 Posts
Looks great! Nice pics too. Makes me want to go fly mine.
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texs24 View Post
Just wanted to share photos of my recently purchased Dynam Peaks biplane. I made the decals myself. They turned out pretty good for my first try. I love the plane - handles like a dream!
great job . one of the best graphics on this model ive seen
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:09 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Finally got to fly 2 more packs through her yesterday morning.
Moved the battery back pretty far and I am REALLY liking her now.
Still think I may need to add a little more tail weight.
Guess I lightened the tail too much.
Really starting to get that "on rails" feel.
Can't believe how slow it will fly.
Made a couple perfect 3 point landings.
Just classsic aerobatics with a little hover now & then.
Getting that SMILE you all have been sportin !

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_walrus View Post
Looks great! Nice pics too. Makes me want to go fly mine.
Very nice !
Love the cowl.
Is that masked & painted ?
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:35 PM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,384 Posts
Looks great texs24! Nice job!
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,323 Posts
texs24.....nice job.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:07 AM
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Just ordered my Peaks. I saw, somewhere in this thread, the specs for the Great Planes Set Screw prop Adaptor, but I'm unclear about the size needed. I saw a post where somebody said 5 mm motor shaft ot 8 mm prop shaft, but somehow that doesn't sound right.

Can someone please let me know what the proper size would be? Also, is there a better APC prop I can put on there?

Thanks!
steambc is offline Find More Posts by steambc