HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 16, 2012, 01:48 PM
Nashville TN, USA
Joined Jun 2004
1,254 Posts
[QUOTE=SD Then... one of my Sky 4S 1800 30C packs puffed and vented a cell on an up line about 2 minutes into a flight and I felt the power instantly go away. I landed it fine with what voltage was remaining to find that the pack had blown a cell. This sucks! That pack only had a couple dozen flights on it and was properly maintained for all of it's short life.[/QUOTE]

I have had two 2200 sky packs loose a cell...always been treated well....and less then 30 flights on each.....I may be chainging my mind on the Sky lipos.....

Prop collet, I read where people think it's plastic....but unless you have a different one than mine...the rind and washer are aluninum...not plastic, scrape it with an exacto blade and you will see......it's just the color that makes it look plastic.
mjdee14 is offline Find More Posts by mjdee14
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdee14 View Post
Prop collet, I read where people think it's plastic....but unless you have a different one than mine...the rind and washer are aluninum...not plastic, scrape it with an exacto blade and you will see......it's just the color that makes it look plastic.
I just scratched mine.... I stand corrected !
Good call

Jim
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:22 PM
Joined Dec 2010
42 Posts
Video of Pitts

Great flying plane but needs some glue on the motor mounts as mine came loose in flight! Luckily in one piece!
Pitts Python Movie (rc plane) (4 min 52 sec)
daz28p is offline Find More Posts by daz28p
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:09 PM
Team Broke
Orlando/ Winter Garden, FL
Joined Feb 2003
5,671 Posts
Very cool vid !
Loved the wing cam, good angle.
fishdeth is offline Find More Posts by fishdeth
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:02 PM
Joined May 2005
1,113 Posts
How would this compare to the Waco Dynam has?

I'm coming form a Beast 3d where I can do mild acrobatics. Looking for something that can slow down and is just enjoyable to fly.
GetterDragun is offline Find More Posts by GetterDragun
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:46 AM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,101 Posts
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...6&pid=E3705218

anybody familiar with the above and $99.00 ??????????????
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:02 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...6&pid=E3705218

anybody familiar with the above and $99.00 ??????????????
Looks like the one I got from Atlanta Hobby. Very heavy...
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:07 PM
JUNK RADIO
USA, NY, Queens
Joined Dec 2006
3,101 Posts
wow thanks Jboy90277 looks really nice but after your report, check out updaded to zero.

fred
Flazo is online now Find More Posts by Flazo
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:51 PM
United States, CA, Palos Verdes Peninsula
Joined Dec 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazo View Post
wow thanks Jboy90277 looks really nice but after your report, check out updaded to zero.

fred
No problem - that's what we're here for. It does look really nice. It's a beautiful static display model.
Jboy90277 is offline Find More Posts by Jboy90277
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:02 PM
Micro Flyer
United Kingdom, Marham Airfield
Joined Jun 2005
769 Posts
Has anyone considered this Pitts Python....
its 1400mm span. 4cell 3300mah. 6 servo (4 aileron) and pretty amazing detail. the only bad word I have herd is the prop/spinner set up.

http://www.rchelicopterselect.com/so...o-version.html
lord chris is offline Find More Posts by lord chris
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:40 AM
Feeding the RC Addiction
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
524 Posts
Too Much Fun...

... is what she is...

Hey Peaks Fans,

Been flying my red 42 regularly. I've made earlier posts about my assembly issues, most notably the warped horizontal stab, but haven't given my thoughts about how she flies 'til now. All I can say is I'm having way too much fun with this Bipe!

This is an amazing plane. By far my most favorite one & I have had (& still do have) a few. Does just about anything you can throw at her & she doesn't complain. She just evokes confidence. She'll float on barely any power, streak at full throttle, tumble wildly like a gymnast, cruise smoothly like you're out for a Sunday drive & then make you look like a champ because she's so easy to land...

Probably the most welcomed feature of this ship is how she handles the wind, & I'm not talkin' about gentle breezes either. I've flown the Peaks 42 in some really windy conditions, with stronger gusts on top of that, that would've grounded all of my other ships. But not this one. So nice to have a plane in the fleet that does this.. She's a blast to fly & isn't afraid of being tossed around. She's become my go-to 'warm down' ship so I can keep that silly grin on my face for days until I get my next once-a-week chance to fly (her) again. Just what I need for my "RC addiction."

Can't wait for the weekend...
RCAV8T0R is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:57 AM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
451 Posts
Seems to be a recurring theme around here.
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Just got this and everything is completely stock, she seems to balace tail heavy with a nano-tech 4S 2200 battery. What is everyone using for COG??
jeb6684 is offline Find More Posts by jeb6684
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:53 AM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8T0R View Post
Hey Peaks Fans,

Been flying my red 42 regularly. I've made earlier posts about my assembly issues, most notably the warped horizontal stab, but haven't given my thoughts about how she flies 'til now. All I can say is I'm having way too much fun with this Bipe!

This is an amazing plane. By far my most favorite one & I have had (& still do have) a few. Does just about anything you can throw at her & she doesn't complain. She just evokes confidence. She'll float on barely any power, streak at full throttle, tumble wildly like a gymnast, cruise smoothly like you're out for a Sunday drive & then make you look like a champ because she's so easy to land...

Probably the most welcomed feature of this ship is how she handles the wind, & I'm not talkin' about gentle breezes either. I've flown the Peaks 42 in some really windy conditions, with stronger gusts on top of that, that would've grounded all of my other ships. But not this one. So nice to have a plane in the fleet that does this.. She's a blast to fly & isn't afraid of being tossed around. She's become my go-to 'warm down' ship so I can keep that silly grin on my face for days until I get my next once-a-week chance to fly (her) again. Just what I need for my "RC addiction."

Can't wait for the weekend...
This post just made me smile.

I keep getting new planes and get excited for them, almost forgetting about my Pitts/Peaks, but than I put her back up in the air and it really does make my newer planes feel ... well lacking ... escpecially getting CG right in a new plane for the style I fly ... the Pitts just doesn't give a $#%& it's like the honey badger, just throw in a LiPo and fly.
queadlunnrau is online now Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
United States, UT, Saratoga Springs
Joined Mar 2010
451 Posts
Motion seconded, this plane is the honeybadger of foamies. lol
the_walrus is offline Find More Posts by the_walrus