HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Jan 2009
689 Posts
Discussion
multiwii nunchuck problem with video and gui screen shot

ok got a bit of a problem here, when ever i activate the nunchuck via my gear switch, the quad tilts backwards and becomes very over exagerated to control.
when off nice control returns, have included a short video of problem and a screen shot of my current gui settings.

one other thing the quad needs alot of left yaw trim to track straight, how do i correct that in the gui pid settings please?

multiwii nunchuck problem? (0 min 7 sec)

many thanks in advance RCT
rcta15 is offline Find More Posts by rcta15
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,956 Posts
>>ok got a bit of a problem here, when ever i activate the nunchuck via my gear switch, the quad tilts backwards and becomes very over exagerated to control.<<

1) Your P value for level is very low. Try to increase the level P value until you have some stability.
2) The quad tilts backwards mean that when you calibrate the accelerometers you were not on a flat surface or your machine is not level. Try to put the machine on a level surface before you calibrate. You can use your transmitter to calibrate by using full throttle stick left yaw full back elevator and full right aileron. Make sure your board is NOT armed first.

>>one other thing the quad needs alot of left yaw trim to track straight, how do i correct that in the gui pid settings please?<<

You correct that by shimming your motors to compensate. If the machine yaw left you need to shim the right side of the motor while looking from outside towards the center.
SeismicCWave is online now Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:46 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Jan 2009
689 Posts
many thanks will give it a go today.
RCT
rcta15 is offline Find More Posts by rcta15