SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:46 PM
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Feb 2004
11 Posts
Build Log
RC Aerodyne 500 size Apache

Alright hello all.

I have gotten back into flying after a break, and have picked up a 500 size apache. I will post pics along the way and maybe it will help someone else building. I was impressed with the fuse for the price, and Cliff fixed a few things with my FHH 500 with no questions asked. That goes along way with me in customer service. Well here are some pics of the start and will post more as I go. Mike
armyrcer is offline Find More Posts by armyrcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:44 PM
Joined Feb 2004
11 Posts
alright started painting everything i wanted painted, and pleased with how it came out. The paint is different color than fuse i will see how it looks mocked up. I think it will be fine, now have to find some lighting kits in 3mm. mike
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:45 AM
Mini-Me is watching you...
Hemet, CA
Joined Aug 2010
505 Posts
Cliff is awesome! I was so impressed with how well he takes care of his customers that I always go RCA first. Only if they do not have something do I look elsewhere.
thenodemaster is offline Find More Posts by thenodemaster
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:31 PM
United States, FL, Mary Esther
Joined Jun 2008
276 Posts
Be careful sliding the tail boom into position. The control rod linkage (the triangle at the tail boom bend) pushed out my tailboom's side, creasing the fiberglass and causing the paint to flake off when I slid it into place. I'm going with a Gold-n-cable instead of the solid control rods to control the tail rotor.
Pavelow is offline Find More Posts by Pavelow
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:44 AM
Joined Feb 2004
11 Posts
thanks pavelow i will make sure im careful in that area. This question is to anyone that may know. What color is the areodyne apache or what color have you used thats close to the fuse. I cannot find a paint to match up with the fuse. Looking at it I would like everything to be the same color. I have seen some of the 500 apaches with the rockets and all the same color. I guess if i have too i can just repaint the whole fuse with tamiya olive drab.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
Joined Feb 2004
11 Posts
got to work some more on it last weekend, been busy with work. I got the lights put in, going to make it a D model. Hope to get some more this weekend done.