HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2011, 07:54 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Joined Mar 2009
754 Posts
Build Log
Focke- Wulf FW190

For some interestd peoples there is Web site France by Alain Ronk build a verry large FW-190 scale 120 in., wing span build mold fiberglass and plywood and balsa , this is in progress, Web site Fonce et tourne à gauche. http://www.modelisme-racer.fr/2011/1...age-du-fw-190/ http://www.modelisme-racer.fr/2011/1...age-du-fw-190/ Cheers
Jeanskydive is offline Find More Posts by Jeanskydive
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jeanskydive; Nov 27, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 08:39 PM
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Jul 2007
1,116 Posts
Focke Wulf,

Looks awesome.. Sure it's out of my budget!!!
demire is online now Find More Posts by demire
Last edited by demire; Nov 26, 2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:08 PM
Canada, QC, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Joined Mar 2009
754 Posts
Focke-Wulf Fw190

There the mold build-up for the fuselage . http://www.modelisme-racer.fr/2011/1...age-du-fw-190/
Jeanskydive is offline Find More Posts by Jeanskydive
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Jeanskydive; Nov 27, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 01:51 PM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,627 Posts
what is the EST. finished weight of this bird going to be? and what will power it?

Bruce
splinterz25 is online now Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:14 PM
Alain RONK
France, IdF, Melun
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by splinterz25 View Post
what is the EST. finished weight of this bird going to be? and what will power it?

Bruce
Hello !

My name is Alain RONK, I'm a french man and excuse me for my english but it's not easy for me !

I am the builder of the 190 FW. The final weight is 25 kgs. The engine is provided 3w120cc, with a propeller 30x10.

Name: Motor FW 190 (1).jpg
Views: 111
Size: 80.8 KB
Description:

Name: Motor FW 190 (2).JPG
Views: 126
Size: 84.0 KB
Description:

All items of construction are visible here : http://www.modelisme-racer.fr/2011/1...ocke-wulf-190/

Feel free to post comments, I will answer your questions
I thank Jeanskydive for writing the first post !

Best regards
Alain RONK
My website : http://www.modelisme-racer.fr
Alain RONK is offline Find More Posts by Alain RONK
Last edited by Alain RONK; Nov 28, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 04:15 AM
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Quote:

Bruce
Reckon one of these would look the part. Its a Scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp (166cc) made by Authentic Scale. Name: 9902889.jpg
Views: 156
Size: 40.1 KB
Description: I'm gonna use on of these... its an Authentic Scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp 166cc.

ps I've got an engine on order... but no fuz for it yet. Maybe my Frenchy friend Alain can help ?
Richard Oxby is offline Find More Posts by Richard Oxby
Last edited by Richard Oxby; Dec 06, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 03:09 PM
Alain RONK
France, IdF, Melun
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Oxby View Post
Reckon one of these would look the part. Its a Scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp (166cc) made by Authentic Scale. Attachment 4466796

ps I've got an engine on order... but no fuz for it yet. Maybe my Frenchy friend Alain can help ?
Hello Richard !!!
How are you ? I don't speak fluently english, it's not easy for me !
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:39 PM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,627 Posts
Quote:
Reckon one of these would look the part. Its a Scale Pratt & Whitney Wasp (166cc) made by Authentic Scale. Attachment 4466796

Richard how much does one of those babies go for if you don't mind me asking? I looked at the web site but never saw a price. there made here in the USA state of Maryland in the city of Rockville. beautiful looking engine I bet it sounds fantastic also that would look great in any 30's aircraft

Bruce
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:45 AM
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain RONK View Post
Hello Richard !!!
How are you ? I don't speak fluently english, it's not easy for me !
Salut Alain - écoutez, je parierai votre anglais parlé est beaucoup mieux que mon français qui a été appris à l'école et via les voisins en milieu rural au Canada!

Si vous devez vérifier que vous avez des choses à peu près correct, vous pouvez toujours essayer d'utiliser «Google translate» ?!!
Old Dec 07, 2011, 03:49 AM
Alain RONK
France, IdF, Melun
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Salut Alain - écoutez, je parierai votre anglais parlé est beaucoup mieux que mon français qui a été appris à l'école et via les voisins en milieu rural au Canada!

Si vous devez vérifier que vous avez des choses à peu près correct, vous pouvez toujours essayer d'utiliser «Google translate» ?!!
Bonjour Richard !

Vous avez raison, je le fait de temps en temps quand je ne suis pas sûr de moi !

Amitiés
Alain
Old Dec 07, 2011, 04:28 AM
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Quote:
Richard how much does one of those babies go for if you don't mind me asking? I looked at the web site but never saw a price. there made here in the USA state of Maryland in the city of Rockville. beautiful looking engine I bet it sounds fantastic also that would look great in any 30's aircraft

Bruce
Good morning Bruce

Hey, now that wouldn't be 'Bruce Almighty' would it ? (from the film with Jim Carrey ?? ;-) If so, just make a wish & maybe we'll both receive a big box from Authentic Scale for Christmas ! Yer, I wish.

In answer to your question - if you need to ask about cost of a handmade P&W, you probably can't afford one ! Just kiddin. To tell the truth, although do I have one on order with Authentic Scale - I'm not sure (yet) what the pricetag will be on the petrol 9 cylinder Pratt & Whitney Wasp. Sound nuts doesn't it to order without knowling exactly ? But they've made stuff for me before, and I trust them.

You have to remember production runs of these engines are batched in small numbers. They won't begin a production run until they have sufficient reliable orders to warrent the tooling. Each & every component (around 500+) is machined individually. Engines are carefully assembled by hand, before being quality checked & run before despatch to customers.

This isn't an OS or a Saito you're buying. And it can be many months between ordering your engine & actually receiving it. The last engine I ordered with Authentic Scale took almost a year to arrive. Its also a nine cylinder radial, but its a methanol rather than gas engine. That's the one on the business end of my half built FW190. Expect to pay in excess of $2,500-3,000 for one like this. For the Pratt & Whitney ? Hmmm. Dunno... probably add another grand to fifteen hundred. Expensive ? Hmm. Maybe. But then, you pay for what you get huh ? You got to remember - this is a handbuilt radial engine, so its not ever going to appeal to the masses.

Am I pleased with the first engine I received from Authentic Scale ? Was it worth the money, the long wait, and the costs associated with shipping from the US over here ?

Damn right it was. That's why I've ordered another one !

Kind regards
richard
Old Dec 07, 2011, 10:09 AM
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,627 Posts
thanks for your reply Richard and your right if I had to ask I can't afford one! but I would love to see your build when you go to put that fine looking engine in your model. I hope you chose a classic.

Bruce
Old Dec 07, 2011, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Quote:
thanks for your reply Richard and your right if I had to ask I can't afford one! but I would love to see your build when you go to put that fine looking engine in your model. I hope you chose a classic.

Bruce
No worries Bruce, but I was kidding ya honest ! Ok. Here's how you justify it. I'm thinking there's two ways you can make your life happy.

Option 1 - Involves telling the missis you're taking her on a cruise in the Caribbean. That'll cost around $6,500 for the two of you for a fortnight. Then of course you gotta factor in all the earache you'll get. Hmmm. No way you can put a price on bleeding eardrums for two weeks. For argument's sake, by the time you've bought her drinks on a Jamaican beach, and those pearl earrings she likes in the duty free shop, lets allow another $7,000 huh ? So, you've blown USD 13 grand, and she's STILL going on about how the room service could have been better.. sigh.

Option 2 Involves ordering the P&W radial for around $4k. Maximal pleasure. Unlimited power. Wonderful sound. Best of all ? You get to enjoy a full month of silence from the missis, failing that she'll sue for divorce !

Future plans for my P&W ? Well, if Alain Ronk (my French friend) is agreeable, and the price is not too unreasonable - I'll buy one of his composite 190 fuselages, and build my own wings. Yer, I know I'm already building a 'butcher bird', but I do like the looks of his baby.

atb
richard
Old Dec 07, 2011, 01:00 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,410 Posts
If that P&W comes it at anything under $8,000 i would be amazed. But for someone to think it will only be $4,000 is amazing to. The valach and moki large radials are that much and more and are more well known and sold, so i really doubt the authentic scale model will be around $4k. I be its closer to $8,000 to 10,000....

The fw190 looks great to! I have plans to do an all composite 1/3 190 anton sometime in the next year or two.
invertmast is online now Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Dec 07, 2011, 06:51 PM
Joined Feb 2006
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
If that P&W comes it at anything under $8,000 i would be amazed. But for someone to think it will only be $4,000 is amazing to. The valach and moki large radials are that much and more and are more well known and sold, so i really doubt the authentic scale model will be around $4k. I be its closer to $8,000 to 10,000....

The fw190 looks great to! I have plans to do an all composite 1/3 190 anton sometime in the next year or two.
Well, its certainly true there are some manufacturers producing some expensive radial engines.. but i'm not in the market for anything much bigger than 200cc. And if you check out the competition - just about all radials that size are around the $4k mark. There's a list below of some interesting radials together with current price indications - in case others are interested in looking at one or two options. I think the Siedels are exceptional value for money.

Remember the expensive Velach you mention, is a massive 800cc - which is probably a little large for most rc models n'est pas ? More useful for an ultralight project wouldn't you agree ? Same applies for the Rotec 2800 which produces 110HP for your $12,500. Some full size WWI a/c flew on less power than that !

No. To compete in a difficult market, and obtain enough orders to justify the batch tooling I don't think Authentic Scale will be wanting to price their P&Ws as high as you might think. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

If you're interested why don't you give Authentic Scale's director a call. Ask to speak to Antonio Silva.

atb richard.

Radial engine options - for interest

Seidel 9 cylinder glow GBP1526 / USD$1,449
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=11029

ST-7-250 Seidel 7 cylinder gas radial - 2553.25 GBP/USD$3829
http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin...chant=westonuk

Robart R780 7 Cylinder $4160.00
http://www.robart.com/store/r780-radial-engine

Moki 250 GBP 2,850/USD $4471.65
http://www.moki.co.uk/mokirange.htm

Hungarian RCS 250cc 5 cylinder radial USD $4,150
http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/categ...s-Engines.html