Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:44 AM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
United States, NC, Jacksonville
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michel49 View Post
Hi,

Do you think it is possible to go up to 14 S with the Scorpion 4035/560 and that 12 blades rotor ?

MP
X-flight states a max RPM of 28,000 and the 560 on 14s should be below that under load. I say try it out and post the numbers .
scatsob is offline Find More Posts by scatsob
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:27 AM
Canada, ON, Burlington
Joined Jan 2009
3,014 Posts
subscribed
4stripes is online now Find More Posts by 4stripes
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some photos of the EDF fleet!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
4000 watts is easily enoug

h for 12lbs of thrust. With a 114mm Haoye I got 11.25lbs on 3200 watts. Thats only 70ish amps at WOT. I have the HK4035 560kv for this fan for a 12s system and can give you some numbers when my fan arrives.
Excellant, have ordered the fan, will hold out to see your test results before i go ahead on the motor!
bubsmurray is offline Find More Posts by bubsmurray
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:13 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Looks like my fan is in the country already, so maybe I will get it by Friday. I will post numbers as soon as I can. Were you going to get a new motor? I strongly suggest looking on the for sale threads on the heli forums. I got my 4035-560 for $65 shipped and the other day a 4035-630 went for $85 shipped. They are used of course but just replace the bearings and shaft (with the 8mm one) and you are good to go.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Looks like my fan is in the country already, so maybe I will get it by Friday. I will post numbers as soon as I can. Were you going to get a new motor? I strongly suggest looking on the for sale threads on the heli forums. I got my 4035-560 for $65 shipped and the other day a 4035-630 went for $85 shipped. They are used of course but just replace the bearings and shaft (with the 8mm one) and you are good to go.
My problem with buying on private deals is I am located all the way down in South Africa, so not many people will ship them! Been looking on Innov8tiveDesigns.com. Cant seem to find a good alternative that can handle the watts.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:31 AM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsmurray View Post
My problem with buying on private deals is I am located all the way down in South Africa, so not many people will ship them! Been looking on Innov8tiveDesigns.com. Cant seem to find a good alternative that can handle the watts.
That is a problem . Everyone seems to be clearancing out these motors though. I think you can get a new one from innovative or esprit models for $160 or so.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Mine arrived at my local post office today. Should be delivered tomorrow while I'm at work . Again, hats off to X-Flight on the shipping speed. I've had things come USPS from a fraction of the distance take three or more times the amount of time.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Mine arrived at my local post office today. Should be delivered tomorrow while I'm at work . Again, hats off to X-Flight on the shipping speed. I've had things come USPS from a fraction of the distance take three or more times the amount of time.
Excellant, enjoy your weekend testing!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:34 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Mine did come in today . It is an impressive unit for $110 IMHO. I was originally worried about the length of the shaft on the scorpion motor as it is about 30mm but that ended up being perfect. The adaptor ate 28mm of it. I have not checked the runout yet but it does not wobble to the naked eye. Canít wait to run it.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:41 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Quote:
Mine did come in today . It is an impressive unit for $110 IMHO. I was originally worried about the length of the shaft on the scorpion motor as it is about 30mm but that ended up being perfect. The adaptor ate 28mm of it. I have not checked the runout yet but it does not wobble to the naked eye. Canít wait to run it.
Got notice mine came today but they couldn't deliver...sight ...gottah wait till tomorrow.
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:11 PM
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
Joined Apr 2006
1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Got notice mine came today but they couldn't deliver...sight ...gottah wait till tomorrow.
The one annoying thing with EMS....you have to be there to sign for it.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Cant wait for the results! Are you testing both the 560kv and 630kv scorpion motors?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Quote:
Hi is the rotor installed upside down? My friend has one but i am not sure which direction is correct. Thanks.
ClarenceKnight is offline Find More Posts by ClarenceKnight
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
Joined Jan 2012
11 Posts
Friend has both "genuine" and "clone", but he is not going to put same power to test and give result. 6S for the clone and 9/10S for the genuine. Cant wait to see how much difference there is.
ClarenceKnight is offline Find More Posts by ClarenceKnight
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:34 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
man, the load on the 120mm fan must be insane. looks like it has more pitch than the stu fan. i didnt realize this was such a close copy to stus fan. shame really.
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut