HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2011, 02:10 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Discussion
QuadCopter 650 ARF & Graupner RC problem.

Dear all,
first of all, i am new to quadrocopters and i want to know learn more about them.
I have quadrocopter 650 ARF (REELY SKY) with graupner HOTT for the RC.
I can bind the RC to quadropoter and set the stick mode to 2. I have a problem. when i turn on the quadcopter and RC with the minimum throttle, the copter will turn on at idle speed. However, in the instruction manual, it was mentioned for starting the Motor:
-Set THROTTLE to zero, YAW to full deflection to the left, PITCH and ROLL to neutral.
then the Motors will turn on.
But when i turn on RC and copter, copter flies!!! is that normal?
Thanks for reply.
zavataafnan is offline Find More Posts by zavataafnan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:40 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
I have a conrad reely 450, when you turn the transmitter on then the quad, nothing should happen, motors will start to turn at idle when throttle set to zero and yaw fully to left.
ripmax is offline Find More Posts by ripmax
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:03 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
Try this thread The Conrad 450 ARF Quadrocopter the 650 is a larger upgraded version.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:31 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Thanks for you reply. Is that 450 has a remote configuration set?
I guess that the quad was not programmed well!!! I follow the instruction for remote configuration to train throttle, yaw, pitch, and roll. but i can not program them well.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:13 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
You have to train throttle, pitch, yaw etc following the manual, but if set up right the quad should only run motors when full left yaw is input, I got a bit confused at first as I did'nt start with left yaw after training and thottled up and nothing happened! ask the question in the "conrad 450 arf quadrocopter" thread you should get a few more replies there that will hopefully solve your problem
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
click on "search" at the top of this page, type in "conrad 450 arf quadrocopter" then click on last page and ask the question, you should get a bit more info, as i say as far as i know the 450 flight control board works the same as yours
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I searched the forum but i can not find my recent question, Can you help me about?
in the instruction manual, it is mentioned that for programming of transmitter channels: "Now switch on the transmitter and pull out the telescopic aerial of 27-/40 MHz remote control systems completely", where is the telescopic aerial? Does it mean the telescopic aerial of transmitter?
I just affixed the jumper R2! Is it enough for programming the channels?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:25 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
Safety first, remove the props whilst you are setting, only when it responds as expected fit the props!

Do you have a 35mhz transmitter or 2.4ghz? if you have 2.4ghz it will have a very short stubbie areial, 35mhz will have long metal telescopic areial, don't matter which just pull areial out,disconnect the battery from the quad and plug the jumper into r2, set all trims to neutral, throttle to zero (pulled back to bottom) then follow manual to programme your transmitter to the quad, make sure u remove the jumper from r2 when this has been done (before flying)
Old Nov 27, 2011, 02:54 PM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
You know, I think the quad can not program well. I can not see the red LEDs describing the configuration of each THROTTLE, PITCH, ROLL, and YAW.
But when i set the trim for throttle to the lowest position, the quad starts and stops well. But i can not use throttle to fly the quad.
Can you help me about the receiver connection pins. I use this setting:
PIN10-> CHANNEL 6(THROTTLE)
PIN9-> CHANNEL 5(PITCH 2)
PIN8-> CHANNEL 4 - NO CONNECTION
PIN7-> CHANNEL 3 (PITCH 1)
PIN6-> CHANNEL 2(ROLL 2)
PIN5-> CHANNEL 1(ROLL 1)
is that right?
I really confused!
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:52 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
Sorry can't help there, my 450 has a pre-installed 35mhz receiver so I did'nt have to worry about that, u really need to ask the question again in the conrad 450 thread, sure the guys won't mine yours is a 650! someone should know there, I'm surprised no one else has put comments in this thread.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 03:55 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
You gone quiet!! how are you getting on with it?
Old Dec 03, 2011, 02:14 AM
Joined Nov 2011
5 Posts
I solved the problem. the order of channel connections to RC receiver is very complicated. There are some configurations in Graupner RC that should be done.
Finally, I examined about 40 combinations to find the correct order of channel connections to RC receiver.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 04:10 PM
uk. northampton
Joined May 2009
1,006 Posts
Great, hope its flying well, been really pleased with mine, had it for over a year and not a problem, only problem I've found is it works so well I have nothing to tinker with!!! made a camera mount underneath, kept me occupied for a few nights.

Here's pics before and after.