SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 27, 2001, 07:08 PM
Tell that to George Zipp!
United States, IL, Inverness
Joined Oct 2000
1,819 Posts
No more Mongo?

I appologize if this has been covered already. I was flying my FMA Razor today and I was thinking how cool a really big one would be. I was intrigued buy the 16 footer the university was making(I recently saw a video on the Northrop fly wing too). I remember Greg Covey made one so I looked at his site. It was a cool as I remembered. I clicked the link to Mongo(the maker of huge flying wings). They say they don't make them anymore

So does anybody else make a big foam wing? I am ordering one of those new Viper Twins, but that is only 55".

Any other suppliers?

MIKE

PS GREG: have you been flying yours? The Ezone review leaves off ofter the maiden flight. Was it worth it?
mikeb33 is offline Find More Posts by mikeb33
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2001, 09:50 AM
When the time is right
Hayward, CA
Joined Apr 2001
1,637 Posts
Mike , I've got a Mother Ship flying wing from Flyingfoam.com that is 83". It is sold as a glider and it is a great flyer that way but I mounted a Jeti 45/3 with a 10x7 3 bladed prop and 14/ 3000 nihm cells , it weighs 5.5 # without payload ,lots of power to spare. Someday I may learn how to post photos.

Earl
Duke58 is offline Find More Posts by Duke58
Old Oct 29, 2001, 09:01 PM
Napa, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
31 Posts
Mike,

Take a look at the Mega Manta. www.proseth.com

It's 6' an 8' in the works.

garyg
garyg is offline Find More Posts by garyg
Old Oct 29, 2001, 11:42 PM
Downey, S. CA
Joined Sep 2001
73 Posts
Mega Manta

You should see it fly at night. Just duck when it comes your way around the pylon.
Merrill Brady is offline Find More Posts by Merrill Brady
Old Oct 30, 2001, 10:42 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,106 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it still flies better than ever since I added some taper in the elevons. I flew it at several local shows this Summer and may soon upgrade the P450 Turbos to MMRs.

Good old Bash Enterprises has called it quits I'm afraid. An almost identicle design can be found at Flying Foam called the "Mother Ship. It is a bit larger and heavier, almost 7' compared the my Mongo Jr at 6'.

It sounds like Earl has a brushless motor in his instead of twin motors. I would love to see some photos!

Regards.
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Oct 30, 2001, 01:02 PM
North Hills
Joined Nov 1999
6,073 Posts
Ha, ha, saw the Mega Manta fly at Visalia. Not quite as fast as the Zagis as I recall, but it can fly through a dogfight with impunity. A pretty cool plane. not as cool as a Wedgie though

Pete
SchiessCo is offline Find More Posts by SchiessCo