Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by rcjim11, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 12:57 PM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
843 Posts
Discussion
New Bludart

My old Bludart got smashed up a bit and don't fly as good as it did, so I smashed it up and am currently building a new one.
Here is the progress:
One thing that I learnt is that the foam fuse is susceptible to breaking in half upon a poor landing in tall grass so on the new build I have put bamboo skewers along the length of each of the sides to give cheap insurance against breakages.

I have also increased the size of the control surfaces to 2" from 1.5", which should make it a completely new plane!

You may also notice that I have added LEDs to it and will be doing some night flying. My old config consisted of two strips along each side of the fuse and a strip on the rudder and the size of the elevator. However that proved difficult to orientate when in a hover. Now I am going to outline the whole of the wing and the sides and we will hopefully see an improvement. Check back soon for a night flying vid!

The wing
I am planning on making a few different wing sizes. I am going to test the original, a new wing with a 2" increased root chord and also varying dihedrals.
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
to remove ads between posts