HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:27 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc6uvm_George View Post
Capt. Thought I'd jump in feet first. Managed to get your books thru iTunes and synced the copies to my new iPhone. Thanx. George
Thanks for the feedback!! Glad to hear iTunes worked for you and you were able to download the books on your iPhone. My wife has an iPad (she sometimes let me use) and I downloaded the books using the iBook store. Amazing technology!! Pretty neat how you press the topic in the table of contents and you instantly there! No page numbers needed! Was worth the cost of conversion and the loooong wait getting the books approved into the iBook store - but finally got there.
CaptJac is offline Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2011, 06:21 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,699 Posts
I would also like a copy. Thanks so much. Looking forward to reading it. Will it come as PM?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 13, 2011, 07:12 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I would also like a copy. Thanks so much. Looking forward to reading it. Will it come as PM?
RC Groups doesn't let you attach files to PM's. Scratch your email address on this post and I'll send you a copy. If you prefer not to make your email public - write "I WANT A BOOK!!" on this post to alert me - and leave your email address in my message box. I'll captjax you one out as soon as I get it - or almost as soon as I get it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2011, 02:02 PM
Joined Dec 2011
1 Posts
I Want a book

Hi Captjac, I want a copy of your book. I'm a beginner. Thanks
mabb24 is offline Find More Posts by mabb24
Old Dec 13, 2011, 04:46 PM
United Kingdom, England, Hull
Joined Aug 2011
381 Posts
Wow thanks CaptJac, just checked my email before bed. Heli should be here tomorrow so will sit down tomorrow night and make sure i got the tx set up correctly. I`ll give ya some feedback when ive had chance to look at it. will probs buy both parts though, i enjoy reading, and you never stop learning :-)
Marlbororman is offline Find More Posts by Marlbororman
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:31 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
996 Posts
Book

Hi Captjac, I want a copy of your book
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
Canada, AB, St. Paul
Joined Jun 2011
418 Posts
OK CaptJac, i just downloaded the 101 version and have an open mind so make a believer outta me !

DX6i, 1 ragtag mCX squared with lots of hours(the original hook), 2 MSR's(real bait) beat to death by walls, floors, doors, gravel, dogs drinking water(yup flew in hot twice, rinsed with alcohol, blow dried and flyin) - both in the hanger now looking for some TLC, and a mCP X almost under the tree and probably going to give in to the burning desire to place an order on a mSR X.

So CaptJac, great timing on the book methinks, and maybe i'll even have a moment to self over Christmas to rip through it.
RaiDar is online now Find More Posts by RaiDar
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:11 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiDar View Post
OK CaptJac, i just downloaded the 101 version and have an open mind so make a believer outta me !
Happy to send you the sample copy of 102 - write your email address in my message box and I'll captJax you one immediately!! it continues where FAQs 101 left off using a single rotor CB100 (micro) and the Trex-450 for flight training. Keep that blow dryer going! The mCPx is like a guided missle for finding furniture - walls - fish bowls - and the dogs drinking water!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:35 PM
Canada, AB, St. Paul
Joined Jun 2011
418 Posts
Well thank you, and being the first time for any kind of messaging here i hope my message arrives safely.

Cheers

PS

Chuckling me buttinski off "Recommend 20 feet by 20 feet minimum distance - a lot more if you have the room."

i knew it, i knew i wasn't THAT bad and there had to be a reason
RaiDar is online now Find More Posts by RaiDar
Last edited by RaiDar; Dec 14, 2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:49 PM
United States, OH, Blanchester
Joined Oct 2009
230 Posts
I would like to have a copy
Thanks
Houseboat
houseboat is offline Find More Posts by houseboat
Old Dec 15, 2011, 09:06 PM
Joined Jun 2011
12 Posts
If the offer still holds, I would really appreciate a copy.
msbcrr@juno.com
Macymastiff is offline Find More Posts by Macymastiff
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:14 PM
Joined Dec 2011
32 Posts
i want a book! thanks.
neocacher is offline Find More Posts by neocacher
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Oct 2006
163 Posts
Sounds great! I just sent you a PM. New to helis after flying planes and gliders for the last few years. Looking forward to it - thanks! :-)
mantraguy is offline Find More Posts by mantraguy
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:24 PM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
2nd RC Heli Book

CaptJac,

Tried to find your book on Amazon but not able to. I would like to try it and probably purchase it. Please let me know. popabob@gmail.com

Popabob
Popabob is offline Find More Posts by Popabob
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:41 PM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
2,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popabob View Post
CaptJac,

Tried to find your book on Amazon but not able to. I would like to try it and probably purchase it. Please let me know.
Thanks very much for the advisory. I've had a number of people asking if there was a print edition available and answer is YES but Amazon increased the price even further. I wasn't too pleased with the Lulu print quality - their price was too high and the quality of their paper took a step backwards since my first book. Further exploring revealed Amazon had their own publisher CREATESPACE. I did a test publication with them and ordered one for myself. 200% better quality and 25% less in price!! They binded the book in a very practical plastic spiral binder. I immediately removed the print edition from Lulu's shelves. Lulu still doing a good job with the download - but I'm keeping a close eye on her. Please let me know if any problems in ordering. Thanks!

CaptJac
RCG Plus Member