HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:38 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,884 Posts
Yippee!
FREE Book for Beginners !!

Taking Off With RC Helicopters - FAQs 102 is flying off the shelves!! Well maybe falling off the shelves - I'm giving it away - or it least some of it away. Why? Because it pretty durn good - AND it answers a lot of the questions mostly frequently asked in this forum - ANDit is written in an easy-to-read and understand question & answer format (with lots of pretty pictures) - AND I spent a heck of a lot of time writing it and don't do any good if I'm the only one reading it - AND it gives you a chance to review and decide if it right for you. FAQs 102 takes off where 101 leaves off. It uses the single rotor CB100 (similar to the MSR) and the Trex-450 for flight training. It works hard to provide the right balance of what to expect and things to learn without over whelming or under whelming. FAQs 101 starts at the beginning - it doesn't throw stuff at you like you are suppose to know. It takes off with a careful and methodical rate of climb. Choose 1 or 2 or both - your choice!

If you want a FREE sample (who doesn't want a free sample?) scratch your email address on this post and which one or two your want and it will be in your mail box before you can say "I WANT ONE!!!" No hitches - no hidden gotchas - it that easy - and it that good! You'll like it - ask Mikey!! No worries about junk mail or spybots or stuff like like that - I'm just like you - only older - and will be mailing from my own email address. The full versions are available as eBooks (Google can help you find them) - and iBooks and iNooks. I would do better selling pencils on the street corner - but if I was trying to get rich I wouldn't be writing. Anybody wanna buy a pencil ?
CaptJac is online now Find More Posts by CaptJac
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by CaptJac; Jun 03, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Beginners Book

Capt. Jack.
I'd love a copy of your book. Relative gave me their extra 2 channel Heli, but it was enough to get me hooked and I'm hoping to move up to a NE Pro Solo
asap.
rcrosby257@roadrunner.com
Thanks,
Rob
RCrosby is offline Find More Posts by RCrosby
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:02 PM
Albion, NY
Joined Mar 2003
217 Posts
I'd like a copy - RCGroups name - Timeetyo
Timeetyo is offline Find More Posts by Timeetyo
Old Nov 25, 2011, 08:56 PM
The journey is the destination
United States, CA, Loma Linda
Joined Sep 2011
11 Posts
I'm interested as well: Skills4life here at RCGroups
Skills4life is offline Find More Posts by Skills4life
Old Nov 25, 2011, 09:12 PM
Almost expert level crasher
Canada, ON, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
You'll like it - ask Mikey!!
Huh? You called? I'd like a copy please so that you can actually say that 'I like it'

Mikey1
Mikey1 is offline Find More Posts by Mikey1
Old Nov 25, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
7 Posts
I just bought the download and am 3/4 of the way through it! Well worth it, speaking as a beginner.
captrobb is offline Find More Posts by captrobb
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:00 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
Huh? You called? I'd like a copy please so that you can actually say that 'I like it' Mikey1
Hi Mikey - do you do breakfast cereal commercials by chance? Anyhow - great you saw this announcement and glad to send you a sample of the book. Just send me your email address and I'll get one over to you.

captJac
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:13 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrobb View Post
I just bought the download and am 3/4 of the way through it! Well worth it, speaking as a beginner.
Hi Robb - glad you liking it!! It really is targeted for the beginner but it doesn't skimp on the important stuff. The emphasis is to be informative but at the same time not confuse with easy-to-understand answers (and pictures) of a sometimes very confusing subject.

Here is one of the recent reviews on Lulu.com - which I am in process of framing

This book is fantastic. I began flying RC helicopters nine months ago. It is an extremely difficult and challenging hobby. It requires a tremendous amount of time practicing to develope the fine motor skills and muscle memory necessary for basic flight. It also requires a lot of knowledge about building, setting up, and maintaining the helicopters. On top of that programming the computerized transmitter is yet another topic to master. This is a hobby that punishes slight mistakes and missing knowledge with sudden and expensive crashes, yet until now a comprehensive book about it didn't exist.

This wonderful ebook takes you step by step, complete with beautiful pictures, through the process of advancing in this hobby from where the first volume (FAQs 101) left off. It is written in a fast paced question and answer format that gently leads the reader down a carefully thought out pathway that supplies the essential information to get started the best way possible. Oh how I wish that this book was available when I started. It would have saved the expense of numerous crashes and countless hours of tedious rebuilding.

The book provides more knowledge in several hours of reading than I was able to obtain from months of laboriously studying the excellent helicopter forums. It makes a very complex hobby understandable and reasonable. I began reading the book thinking that it would be a nice review of what I already know as I have researched this hobby a lot but I learned many new pearls of wisdom that have been extremely helpful.

If anyone is interested in this fascinating hobby this book is a must read.
I highly recommend it .... russ19
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2011, 03:22 PM
Heli Noob
Canada, ON, Kanata
Joined Jun 2011
102 Posts
I (Nexus01) would like to sample the book, I could use the learning. Send me a PM and I will give you my email address. Thanks!
Nexus01 is offline Find More Posts by Nexus01
Old Nov 26, 2011, 09:53 PM
Rochelle, IL
Joined Dec 2010
24 Posts
PM sent
welder101 is offline Find More Posts by welder101
Old Nov 26, 2011, 11:09 PM
Almost expert level crasher
Canada, ON, Perth
Joined Apr 2011
170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJac View Post
Hi Mikey - do you do breakfast cereal commercials by chance? Anyhow - great you saw this announcement and glad to send you a sample of the book. Just send me your email address and I'll get one over to you.

captJac
Thanks for the email and I spent the evening reading through. Let this be the official endorsement - 'Mikey likes it!'
Mikey1 is offline Find More Posts by Mikey1
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:26 AM
Rotor Controller
Aachen Germany
Joined Dec 2007
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
Thanks for the email and I spent the evening reading through. Let this be the official endorsement - 'Mikey likes it!'

GRRREAT!!! Was betting my wings you would!! Thanks for the official endorsement. MIKEY LIKES IT !!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
PM sent
cappy24 is offline Find More Posts by cappy24
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:39 PM
El Dorado de Helicópteros
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
This would be a very helpful to me(Proud Polac) and others. Can i have 1?
Proud Polac is offline Find More Posts by Proud Polac
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:10 PM
CO
Joined Sep 2005
93 Posts
I would like a free copy please!
ctyankee is offline Find More Posts by ctyankee