SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Sep 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex2visuvesi View Post
I think most noobs crash for one simple reason, and its the same reason as most seasoned flyers. An overestimation of ones abililities... All of my crashes have been when I have thought to myself "I think I'll try and....." usually quickly followed my the heli doing the dying chicken dance.

When I practice on the sim my wife takes great delight in saying "well thats saved you xxx euros" every time I crash
In my opinion a sim is one of the best teaching aid there is
I started on a Walkera V200D01 and went into a 450. I'll be honest, before "the event" (I have a thread on it) flying and hovering weren't difficult. I've only been at it since maybe January and February. Scale flying atleast. I did spend countless times on this forum and different how-to websites and watching videos on youtube. I also did the simulator A LOT.

In fact one of the biggest things that I learned to do that made the biggest difference in the world was learning to fly with two fingers per stick. It really gave me much tighter control. I think it's because you aren't likely to over correct. It felt weird at first but my sim flying improved and that translated to real life quite well. My first flights weren't as horrendous as I thought. I think that there were about 50 hrs sim time vs 10 min of flying at first.
aeio540 is offline Find More Posts by aeio540
to remove ads between posts