HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2003, 05:43 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Any Aussies going to warbirds over Scone?

October long weekend, just saw the ad on tele and there's no way i'm going to miss it.

Scone is in NSW a few hours north west of Newcastle.

Cheers
Paul
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Sep 27, 2003, 11:02 PM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Paul
Did the ad say what planes are going to be there?
Large One is offline Find More Posts by Large One
Old Sep 28, 2003, 01:17 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
I'm not sure but i'm waiting to see the ad again as i only caught the last bit. I'll let you know. Sounds good though. As you know we don't get many shows here, unlike the brits that seem to have a show each weekend!!
Did you see mike whitney last night on tele? went to Temora and flew there in an old dc3 from bankstown, had lunch then went up in a meteor and vampire. That museum looks great with heaps of planes and all in flying condition, even a canberra bomber.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 01:39 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gouch
I'm not sure but i'm waiting to see the ad again as i only caught the last bit. I'll let you know. Sounds good though. As you know we don't get many shows here, unlike the brits that seem to have a show each weekend!!
Did you see mike whitney last night on tele? went to Temora and flew there in an old dc3 from bankstown, had lunch then went up in a meteor and vampire. That museum looks great with heaps of planes and all in flying condition, even a canberra bomber.
Hey Pauly...

Didn't see MW last night-saw him about six months ago on 7 at Temorra...In a Dragonfly-I think...Did you see Global Villiage (sbs) last week? Had a French guy building large scale gliders and pax aircraft in his one bedroom flat-It looked like he went to work, and his wife churned out the fuse formers...

Wouldn't you love to go to a "Fly In" that included ANYTHING that had a Merlin Powerplant-Let alone a DB603/whatever the FW 190 ran on/Four Merlins-heaven/couple of seppo radial powerplants

Cheers

Rich
Last edited by Large One; Sep 28, 2003 at 03:46 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 07:13 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Where do ya come up with a name like Scone I'm sure Muffin would have been much better.

The only shows to go to are WARBIRDS OVER WANAKA AND CLASSIC WINGS in Marlborough.

Sluf7
Sluf7 is online now Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Sep 29, 2003, 02:04 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Re: Any Aussies going to warbirds over Scone?

Quote:
Originally posted by gouch
October long weekend, just saw the ad on tele and there's no way i'm going to miss it.

Scone is in NSW a few hours north west of Newcastle.

Cheers
Paul
Sluf

Paul was asking if any Aussies were going.....

You Kiwis arent invited, You guys are quite frankly spoilt by the Airshows in NZ, which I've never been invited to....

Cheers
Rich
Old Sep 29, 2003, 06:20 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
They wouldn't let you in the place would they sluff?

And lets not talk about names of places, eh? New zealand? there ain't much new there and then there are the ones that sound like swear words, pukkamukkafookyfushnchups
I'm sure it's spelt that way? Isn't it up the road from wakkapappakeeppkooiinallk.

I'm with rich on this one, you guys get way more shows than us.
Except your warbirds are all your current fighters aren't they?

Hey Richy...
It was a second trip for MW as he showed the ones he went up in last time. I hate him now.
I didn't see the show on sbs, in fact most of the time sbs looks like i'm watching a snowstorm with the crappy reception i get some nights.
I still haven't seen another ad for warbirds over muffin yet.......I'll let you know, but I spoke to a bloke today that told me there is a guy up that way that does own a mustang and by the sounds of it is the guy who organizes the event.
Old Sep 29, 2003, 07:40 PM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Paul

Thats Col Pay (I think)-I believe he owns a Mustang and a Spitfire-among others-Now all we need is a Lanc/Me109/Fw190/That Cat/etc, to make it a good show...

Rich
Old Sep 29, 2003, 11:06 PM
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Ah Airshows eh which one to go to.

I Spose ya gonna tell me the next Aussie Airshow will be in Porridge just down the road from Wagga Diggira Doo.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 03:46 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Waikikamoocow
Old Sep 30, 2003, 04:24 AM
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Sounds like some where near Youwaywassiwnguru.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 04:48 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Paul

To answer your original question-I wont be going-This will be my last chance to fly for three weeks...

Bathurst 9-12 Oct Not sure if I'm going yet-got mates who might be competing in the Group N support races...

Philip Island 16-19 Oct Going for sure with workmates-Also know a guy who scored a wildcard for the 250s...

Indy 22-28 Oct Brother lives in Gold Coast and mates are going up-might not have a liver when I get back

Can you get some shots to show me what I missed if you go?....

Cheers
Rich
Old Sep 30, 2003, 07:40 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Sounds like a busy time for you Rich.

When you go to P.I keep an eye out for a young bloke called mark atchison from Tumbi-Umbi (ok, point taken sluff ) on a new cbr-600. in the support races. iv'e spent some time on it and he rides very well.
The supersport guys have had it tough after the passing of reece bancell at eastern creek at the last round of the season, and most won't have raced till P.I so it will be interesting as to how the young guys will handle it. They are all a very close group.

Who's your mate with the wildcard?

AAHH bathurst, Burn outs in the bull rings, burn the car when it stops and more beer than anyone should be allowed to consume.....What a blast! Oh, and the race is pretty good too!

I might try to get to indy this year, but I can't seem to get some decent time off since i started working mobile. shouldn't complain though.

Iv'e lined up a loan of a digital camera so plenty of shots assured. I'll post 'em here when i can. I hope it's a good day out at lovely Scone.

Cheers
Paul
Old Sep 30, 2003, 07:48 AM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Paul

I was at Eastern Creek-standing on the pit roof-my mate said "lets go down and see how he's going"(referring to my 250 wildcard mate-second in Aus 250 championship)-I said "watch this, these guys are crazy"-that was the start of the 600 race... the rest is history...
Apparently he was from Hornsby-there was a flag in rememberance of him over the Pacific Highway...

To be honest he's a mate of a mate, name is Mark-I've met him a few times at another mates place. I can remember his girlfriends name, and the fact he runs Turramurra Cyclery...

Been to Bathurst for the past three years-camping in the competitors paddock. My mate that I went with has scored himself a job with channel 10 for Bathurst and PI...So hopefully there's a spare pit pass for me...

Never been to Indy-Apparently I should drink milk for at least a week beforehand

Rich
Last edited by Large One; Sep 30, 2003 at 08:08 AM.
Old Oct 03, 2003, 07:53 PM
Fe Fi Fo Fum
Useless Loop, Australia
Joined Apr 2001
1,296 Posts
Paul

Are you still going? Tommorrow I suppose?

Dont forget double points all weekend

Rich