HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:02 PM
Joined Jul 2006
345 Posts
Discussion
My Copter Control Tricopter... From Dream to Reality

After destroying my Y6 I decided I wanted to build something that would be slightly less expensive to build and to repair.

I've never been a fan of tricopters, mostly because I felt the tail servo mechanisms ruined the look of the whole multirotor. Also, it seemed executing a "slop free" yaw joint was not always a simple endeavor.

The yaw mechanism I designed has likely been done before but the main reason I like it is because it keeps everything centralized, it doesn't throw off the CofG, and it looks as good as it performs.

I used 1/16" G10 which was cut by Helisfreak here on RCG. PM him your dxf and he will cut your parts for a very reasonable price.

One of the best feelings I get is looking at the actual tricopter after I've been staring at it on the computer for months.

If anyone is interested I am more than happy to distribute the DXF it was cut from and all of my solidworks designs, I would also make a complete parts list. Maybe no one will want it but I'd like to try and give back to the community.

Anyways here is what I came up with.
tosjduenfs is offline Find More Posts by tosjduenfs
Last edited by tosjduenfs; Mar 12, 2012 at 11:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:22 PM
Joined Jul 2006
345 Posts
Reserved for future use.
tosjduenfs is offline Find More Posts by tosjduenfs