Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:36 PM
AMA 1042906
United States, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2008
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboggs59 View Post
Strong RC motors is in Troy, MI. They carry many of the standard Hobby King "basic" park flyer items. The way they do their shipping is different, but very economical. They offer 3 options on shipping, and each has a fixed standard price. My best advice is to check they out and form your own opinion.
Will do as I am looking to get away from non-USA hobby suppliers. Their prices are good also and the shipping is tolerable.

I've noticed that 3m Blue tape adhesive reacts to $Tree foamboard. Anywhere I have placed it on the foam the tape leaves a mark when removed. Also, I forgot Welders glue will eat some foams. Made a very nice Welders glue elevon hinge then watched as it ate the foam. Live and learn, at least remember not to do dumb things, I guess. Anyway, the hinge joint is a little ugly but appears strong and should be flyable.

By the way, thanks for your help.
swimmer is offline Find More Posts by swimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:49 PM
Arkansas
Joined Dec 2004
117 Posts
I know I have drifted off of Balsa or Carbon's original intent of this thread by starting to get into some of the hows, whats, and who to get it from. I picked up on my first thread by Balsa or Carbon with this thread, and have since followed several of his threads that he had started since this one. To me Balsa or Carbon has opened the door to scratch building aircraft that to put it simply is economical to build, and just down right fun to fly.

With that said, I just want to say good job Balsa or Carbon for making an aircrafts that is so simple, but yet so much fun.
eboggs59 is offline Find More Posts by eboggs59
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:54 PM
Arkansas
Joined Dec 2004
117 Posts
Hey Swimmer, just remember as long as life, limb, or property isn't in danger that mistakes are nothing more than a learning experience.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:47 AM
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Aug 2010
2,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eboggs59 View Post
I know I have drifted off of Balsa or Carbon's original intent of this thread by starting to get into some of the hows, whats, and who to get it from. I picked up on my first thread by Balsa or Carbon with this thread, and have since followed several of his threads that he had started since this one. To me Balsa or Carbon has opened the door to scratch building aircraft that to put it simply is economical to build, and just down right fun to fly.

With that said, I just want to say good job Balsa or Carbon for making an aircrafts that is so simple, but yet so much fun.
Thanks , eboggs59 ! By any chance have you built a SUPER EASY ? It's lots of fun doing vertical take-offs with one of those !
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:39 AM
Arkansas
Joined Dec 2004
117 Posts
I haven't built the Super Easy yet, but it is on my list to build. The Super Easy is a prime example of what I was talking about in keeping the R/C flying economical and fun. It is basically patterned after a paper air plane like we all made as kids.