HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:13 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Discussion
PowerLab Charge Control Software Quick Tour

Hi:

Sometimes it's difficult to convey to potential new customers the capabilities inherint in the Revolectrix chargers and battery workstations when integrating them with the Charge Control Software. Customers probably don't realize they can install the applications without owning the products, and that takes a considerable commitment on their part.

As an attempt to try to improve this situation, we've developed a PowerLab CCS Quick Tour. We'll be running an email campaign on this in the near future, and we also plan to include a link to the tour directly from our home page. But thought I'd throw it out here in the forums first.

Anybody who owns a Revolectrix product likely realizes that no other competing product offers a similar level of native integration.

Link to PowerLab CCS Tour:

http://www.revolectrix.com/CCS_Tour.htm

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline Find More Posts by Tim Marks
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2011, 07:24 PM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Aug 2005
5,810 Posts
Nice addition Tim.

Glen
ggcrandall1 is offline Find More Posts by ggcrandall1
Old Nov 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,220 Posts
Looks great! This will also make it alot easier to describe CCS settings on the forum. Just link to the appropriate screen shot and type. Not sure how many have tried Logview. CCS is lightyears better, and does not require a German/English translator.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:14 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Hi:

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, we're working on improving our tools to help educate prospective customers.

The Product Selection Guide was one of those. I already started a thread on that one. We'll be improving this in the future, but here's the link:

http://www.revolectrix.com/product_selector.htm

Another tool is that we're linking videos from our home page, e.g. the latest Expansion Channel Video, bottom left button:

http://www.revolectrix.com/

The PowerLab CCS Quick Tour is the newest of these tools, and I think it should prove to be a good one.

Tim Marks
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
Joined Apr 2007
105 Posts
As someone who came over from a competitor's product and using LogView, I certainly appreciate how much power, flexibility, and most importantly, how easy the CCS is to use.

Excellent work on the clearly labeled screen shot tour.
chainring is offline Find More Posts by chainring
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:04 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
105 Posts
Thanks!

This one of the reason I swapped to FMA: great service!
BMW318TI is offline Find More Posts by BMW318TI
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:55 PM
Counter agent of B.S.
United States, IN
Joined Aug 2003
224 Posts
You'll end up needing to increase production with such usefull guides, videos, and software tools! Sales should jump up!
a1pcfixer is offline Find More Posts by a1pcfixer
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:53 PM
Joined Feb 2009
30 Posts
Nice.
I also see a 3.30 firmware in one of the pics. When will it be available and what will it include?
taz00 is offline Find More Posts by taz00
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:46 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz00 View Post
Nice.
I also see a 3.30 firmware in one of the pics. When will it be available and what will it include?
Ha! You got me! I was running beta software. Far as I know it's just a bug fix for an Expansion Channel hickup.

Tim Marks
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:06 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz00 View Post
Nice.. When will it be available and what will it include?
It's available now. If the CCS is not auto updating (mine didn't), you may need to install directly from the Revo site.

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...ftware_v2.html

The only change is fix for expansion channel mode as Tim mentioned. But if your copy of CCS is not auto updating, you probably want to reinstall anyway so you have a version that gets updates from the Revo url instead of the old FMAdirect url.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:56 PM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
It's available now. If the CCS is not auto updating (mine didn't), you may need to install directly from the Revo site.

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli...ftware_v2.html

The only change is fix for expansion channel mode as Tim mentioned. But if your copy of CCS is not auto updating, you probably want to reinstall anyway so you have a version that gets updates from the Revo url instead of the old FMAdirect url.
Hi:

Remember the CCS poles the internet for updates after it is launched. It then asks if you want to update the next time you launch the application.

Tim
Old Nov 28, 2011, 12:04 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,220 Posts
Tried that and didn't see the 3.30 update. Just assumed it was because I had not updated the CCS recently and there was that recent change from the FMA site to the Revo site for updates. Reinstalled from the Revo site and 3.30 was there.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 10:44 AM
President, FMA, Inc.
Joined Mar 2008
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Tried that and didn't see the 3.30 update. Just assumed it was because I had not updated the CCS recently and there was that recent change from the FMA site to the Revo site for updates. Reinstalled from the Revo site and 3.30 was there.
Hi:

Right, we stopped updating the FMA Direct website on October 26. We'll be taking that site down as of end of this month. You can read about it at the old home page.

http://www.fmadirect.com/

Everything is transitioning over to www.revolectrix.com

Tim Marks
Old Mar 29, 2014, 08:00 PM
Joined Mar 2014
2 Posts
This overview along with the PDF PL6 manual and hover-text within CCS answers about 90% of my questions. But not all. Is there a more expansive explanation of the settings available somewhere? The Advanced ones, in particular.
DataSquid is online now Find More Posts by DataSquid
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:12 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,220 Posts
As you discovered, when you hover over a setting there will be popup that gives more text. You can also click on the setting to a much more detailed text box.