HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Daryoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:41 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
Hi ikarous and welcome to the forum, a word of caution about flyin the 9958 out doors, if te heli loses signal there is no safety cut out, it just keeps going till its gone!

If its up in the air and still climbing or moving away from you and you have no control, move the throttle stil down to zero and throw the transmitter at the heli, this is no to try and knock it out of the sky but to get the transmitter close enough that the heli sees the signal and goes zero throttle.
"but that might break the remote" True but then it may save the heli, what good is a remote with no heli for it to fly?

I have a spare remote because this happened to someone who lived near me.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,696 Posts
An alternative is to get a Turnigy 9x transmitter which has (reportedly) better range than the stock transmitter. It costs a bit more than a new heli but then you get a really nice programmable transmitter to fly your models...
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 30, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Oct 2012
45 Posts
Unfortunately, i think the tail motor is out...I didnt try to fly the heli outdoor due to windy days, and was trying to improove my flight skills indoors..But the tail rotor i think its burned out..Maybe its my fault because i didnt notice that the motor was warm enought after the one battery. Symptoms when i realized that the tail rotor is out. Spinning around in ground when throttle is up and after few seconds battery is overheated and the canopy led flashes..So now, i have to order a new rotor and waiting to arrived in about 15 days..
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Old Oct 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
Does the tail motor spin at all or is it dead? It could be a severed wire where it exits the boom and goes to the motor, I bought my 9958 of ebay with this fault, soldered the motor back pn and had it flying in no time.

Have you got any other heli you could borrow a motor out off? I think the S107 or Sh 6020-1 motors are about the same size.
Old Nov 01, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Does the tail motor spin at all or is it dead? It could be a severed wire where it exits the boom and goes to the motor, I bought my 9958 of ebay with this fault, soldered the motor back pn and had it flying in no time.

Have you got any other heli you could borrow a motor out off? I think the S107 or Sh 6020-1 motors are about the same size.
Well, the motor actually is not dead, but it spins just a little or few times when pushing throttle up, spinning more. After few seconds the battery as i noticed is overheated so i remove it immediatly and the canopy led also is turning out. You think its the motor wires inside boom?
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Old Nov 04, 2012, 07:21 AM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,649 Posts
I would say that the motor has fried, given how thin the wires are in the tailboom they either break or they don't, the fact the tail moor has power going to it but not much is happening would suggest the motor has burned out, do you have any other motors lying around the you could swap on there just to see if they run?

It's cheap enough to just get a V911 tail motor for $3.99 with free delivery from BangGood...

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...t-p-38689.html

Use this link to register if you don't already have an account with them.
http://www.banggood.com/?zf=75348
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
F45 drift left upon take off

Hi Daryoon,

I am new to rc heli and I have problem with my F45 (mine 2nd heli) upon take off.

F45 sideward upon take off.mp4 (0 min 13 sec)

It won't stay it's ground when the blade started spinning and it started to drift to left when I throttle. Is this can fix with mechanical trim to make it at least take off and hover stable with very minor stick inputs?

I've been fly this bird when I just received it. However, it doesn't seems to take off as easily as others claimed their F45 can be, and I even break the skid for it's first flight.

I read your guide over and over again but still couldn't figure out where to trim the linkage of the servo arm.
I took a shot of the servo arm which control the sideward cyclic hope that maybe you can point me out the exact trim location.

Thanks for your help.
guner7 is offline Find More Posts by guner7
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:51 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
All these helicopter, during take off requires your attention and most often, you gotta give some right stick to counter the torque and natural tendency of the heli to want to scoot to the left.

This isn't really a mechanical trim issue.

If you can, launch it out of your hand and get it into the air.

Once in the air, if it is drifting in one direction. That's what you're mechanically trimming out.

I'll await your answer before I got too long and confuse you more.

The servo link you have pictured is what you twist to make longer or shorter to adjust your heli mechanically. So at least you are on the right path there.

It's all very simple. We'll make it click for you by diluting each step.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
Joined Jan 2013
12 Posts
Thank you for the quick response.

I made a trial to twist the linkage after loosen the screw of the servo. And it did shorten or lengthen after twisted like the way we tight or loose the screw. The heli can hover better after trimmed out and most likely I got to give it some electronically trim to hover it with my hand off the remote, maybe.

One thing though, the rudder trim seems not able to get the head stay still. It will however rotate to right in pretty slow pace after I give it the right trim.

I think this is a dumb question. Will the remote remember the previous trim every time when it get restarted? And you mentioned about low batt trimming but I wonder if the remote can learn when it need to use the trim..I am referring to some cheap heli like my F45..
guner7 is offline Find More Posts by guner7
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:47 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Some Heli/remote will remember all the trims. I think the WLToys remote will remember the roll/pitch cyclic control. But not yaw(rudder). Not sure which camp your F47 falls into.

Glad you got it sorted out.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Apr 03, 2013, 06:39 PM
Tally Ho!
The Netherlands
Joined Apr 2006
4,132 Posts
Something which also might help. (v911)

Put the battery in when the heli is on a flat surface.

I put the battery in when i held it in my hands in various positions and it did not want to fly straight anymore. Might be the gyro got confused.

KM
kusunokimasahige is offline Find More Posts by kusunokimasahige