HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Daryoon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
L/R rotation adjustment on v911

Two issues for a newbie...

1) rotation is to much for remote adjustment. I get it almost to stop but not enough so I have to adjust in flight... This is impossible when flying outside... How can I make mechanical adjustment.

2) heli is out of balance and leans to the right when looking at it as its nose is away from you. Yes I can add weight (what is the best way) but who wants to lose battery to adjust for weight added.

It's new and e blades are not dinged up.

Even though it leans right it does not drift/crab left or right.
FlynHy is offline Find More Posts by FlynHy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2012, 02:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
FlynHyn,

1) There is no mechanical adjustment for the rotation. That needs to be adjusted on the transmitter and is covered in step 1b of my guide. If you can't get it to stop rotating, that means you can proceed past step 1b. Look for other issue cuz there's an issue somewhere. Which way is the nose rotating. To the left or to the right?

2) The lean is perfectly normal on the v911. In fact, it is present in all micro fixed pitch heli. The blade mSR and Xieda 9958 has a lean built into the main frame to mask the lean in the air. So don't worry about this problem as it's not a problem.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Big issue...

Now it took its lat rotation clockwise as a big gust blew it into me... I swatted it away from my face and down it went a turned the power off. Never to rise again... It's power led lights up and stops flashing as normal in about 1 second... But nothing... Any suggestions?
FlynHy is offline Find More Posts by FlynHy
Old Jul 24, 2012, 07:19 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Problem with landing skid

Hi, great guide! I am new with helicopters and I have a problem with my v911's landing skid. It got losen after a crash. The screw is in place and tightened. But the front part that goes inside a hole in the frame comes out very easy. In flight I see the skids vibrating, I donīt know if this is what is causing the vibrations or if the heli is vibrating because of something else and the skid is where I see the vibration. Can you tell me if there is a way to check for the source of this vibration? What do you recommend for fixing the skid?
diegogonz76 is offline Find More Posts by diegogonz76
Last edited by diegogonz76; Jul 24, 2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Error in title
Old Jul 24, 2012, 09:55 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
I've had good success with a thin piece of paper. Like a very small piece of toilet paper put over the nub. Then push into the hole. It gives it just enough resistance to hold. Otherwise, you can use some CA glue to build up the stub. Let dry first. Then push into the hole. I personally have been using a tiny bit of hot glue. It holes it securely but allows for removal should the need arises.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:35 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Thanks! I will try with the paper first.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Trimming finshed

Hi! Thank you very much for your tips! I changed the mian blades (some hard crashes) and adjusted the lenght of the servo pushrods.Now it hovers perfectly!! The only doubt I have is that I had to extend two turns the left/right pusrod and now it seems that the swashplate's pin inside the guide is close to the bottom. I had little time to test it but it seems to fly fine indoors in low rate mode. I wil try to see if the servo arm can move to its end in high rate.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 03:18 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
Sweet. Just keep an eye on things, your troubleshooting abilities with these heli will grow along with your flying skills.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Trimming finished?

Hi, I tested the heli and it seems to fly fine. I think in high rates the swashplate's pin hits its limit at the bottom of the guide before the servo stops moving. Then the swashplate still goes up a little but I am afraid that this may damage the servo. Is there any way to fix this?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 01:03 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
What battery are you using. Did you do any mods that may change the center of gravity? Adding weight to the heli means the COG may be off, which means the mechanical trim compensate for this and puts the swashplate at its' extreme?

Anyways, usually the issue is the pin popping out of the guides. I don't recall anyone having issue with the swash pin bottoming out. So something is amiss here.

Let's backtrack and clue me into any other changes if any you made over the stock setup.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Swashplate bottoming

Hi, english is not my native language so perhaps my description wasn't very accurate. The swashplate is bottoming only in the last degrees of the servo arm. I am using the stock battery and the only modifications from stock were lenghtening two turns the servo pushrod for left/right and one turn the pusrod for Front/back movement. I also changed the main rotor blades and the hole for the screw in one of the blades is broken. It splitted when screwing but before reaching the end. I guess the hole was small and I didn't noticed. After a crash it came off the screw and I see now that the main blades need tracking. Can this be done in this heli? How? Anyway I will try with the old blades. Regarding the center of gravity if you tell me how, I can check if it is in the right place. I don't have another heli to compare. Thank you very much for your help!!
Old Jul 27, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Tbe

Hi, I changed back to the old blades and tracking seems fine, I find it hard to focus on them though. But now it is doing something like the TBE but very small, almost in its place. There are vibratons, I can see and hear it vibrating. I don't know how to check where do these vibratons come from. I wil try to post a video and some pictures to clarify this. Thanks again!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Oct 2012
45 Posts
Hello! new to the forum here, as also new too to the 4ch, so i bought the 9958 and really i have some hard time to hover it..Maybe because i used to fly 3ch helis. I was reading how to do the mechanical trimming as Daryoon posted, but i am not sure if really needed yet because i cant fly it the way should be to check this..Mostly the heli is going fast around and turning right or left..maybe my fingers cant make it steady hover, but i dont know..honestly, i didnt expect that hovering is so difficult..And one more thing, i cant find on the transmitter the smooth and faster mode, for beginners and more advance users. The transmitter has a LCD display, and in the manual the photo does not. Anyone can help? Thank you..
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,193 Posts
The LCD transmitter are the new types.

Have you tried launching the heli from your hands. It's much, much, much easier to get into a stable hover that way.

I bet if you take your heli outside, where there's more space. You'll figure it out right away.

Once you're used to it outside, it will be much easier to take it back inside and start the mechanical trimming.

If you have cellphone that can do video. Upload it to youtube so we can take a look. It helps tremendously.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Oct 2012
45 Posts
No, i didnt try to launching from my hands so far because i am afraid to do that But i will try, i think you have right about flying outside somewhere because there is a lot more space. I will try to get a small video, thank you

Updated: Changing room with bigger space gaves me more confidence and finally hover it and flying with small moves left and right (side) always by looking tail during first minutes its stable enough but always seems to going to the left without turning tail. So, maybe have to trim the one servo mechanical?
ikarous is offline Find More Posts by ikarous
Last edited by ikarous; Oct 27, 2012 at 03:18 PM.