1,629 Posts
Suggestion
Appeal to make my point permanent.

Thank you,

R Culbertson
USN Ret.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCWorks; Nov 21, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Not editing a warned post is always an option.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:47 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham View Post
Not editing a warned post is always an option.
I took the word troll from that post.

Later I erased the post and replaced it and every other post I made for the month of November with "gone fishing" or "gone bowling". About 80 posts and took most of the evening. I do not want to intimidate any user that may be frail and stumble upon my posts and faint, but I want that point as the badge of honor that it is, I do not what it to expire. Give me credit, I did not come here to lie to you and blow smoke up your backside like others I have seen beg. (They disgust me.)

I realize honor and the thoughts of men elude or scare most males in the post modern Obamaland where men are a rare item. I do not mince words, I call a shovel a shovel. When I labeled Punkie I was not in error.

I just got the reminder to change my avatar which I will gladly do.

It seems your moderator has an issue with me, I have no idea what his problem is with me and he is picking nits, I suggest he address me directly if he has a problem with me. The way he is doing it now insults me. I am civil.

I do take issue with KrisW and his posts, I find the ones where he makes blanket statement about Christians repugnant and since they still stand I am getting the impression it is the attitude of management as well. Follow the rules you set fourth if you want others to follow them. Leadership is by example.

R Culbertson
RCWorks
USN Ret.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RCWorks; Nov 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:05 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Why do you feel the moderator has a problem with you?
Administrator
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:22 PM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Yes. Since first infraction he is like a diaper (On my butt) looking and looking to find fault, if he has a problem with me man up and discuss it. Otherwise lay off.

I still have issues with the Christian slamming posts. If they still stand they reflect on the site and management. these were outragous blanket statements by KrisW. I notice your moderators have no problem with those posts.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Would you like to discuss these topics?
Administrator
Old Nov 21, 2011, 08:55 PM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Would you like to discuss these topics?
Yes, that would be good. You know That I do not run around to cause problems. Look at my record here, it stands on it's own.

R Culbretson
USN Ret.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2011, 09:55 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
I will go over the topics point by point.
Quote:
I called Punkie a troll, yes I did!
You are aware that is against the rules to personally attack an RCGroups member. Calling Punkie a troll is a personal attack. You accept that and have decided to not edit your post. That is always an option. By stating this again in the first post of this thread you might receive another point from a moderator.

Quote:
I just got the reminder to change my avatar which I will gladly do.
You received a warning for having a logo in your avatar. Only site advertisers can promote a company with a logo. It is only fair for those that pay for the privilege.

Quote:
But this is post modern Obamaland so I ask too much for all men her to be men and take what they have garnered for themselves.
A statement like this is not RC related. It is political in nature. We do allow political posts, but only in the LTUP section of the site. That statement could also earn a point from a moderator for "flatulence".

Quote:
I do not want to intimidate any user that may be frail and stumble upon my posts and faint,
The personal attack rules is there simply to keep discussion civil.

Quote:
but I want that point as the badge of honor that it is, I do not what it to expire.
I would be happy to help you here but the system controls the points and all points will eventually expire.

Quote:
It seems your moderator has an issue with me
The moderator is not picking nits. Posts are reported and the moderators look at the reports and determine if the post breaks a rules. Your avatar did break a rule so a warning was issued. This would be like a policeman giving you a ticket for going 60 MPH in a 40 MPH. The rule was broken and the moderator did his job.

Quote:
have no idea what his problem is with me and he is picking nits, I suggest he address me directly if he has a problem with me. The way he is doing it now insults me. I am civil.
I appreciate your direct approach to solving any issues with your posts but our moderators have to go over pages and pages of warnings every day. There is no way they can personally contact each user about each infraction. This is why we have the point system and it is the only interaction you can have with the moderator. If you ever feel you have been warned unfairly be sure to not edit the post and post in this forum that you would like an appeal. The owner of the site reviews each appeal personally.

Quote:
I do take issue with KrisW and his posts, I find the ones where he makes blanket statement about Christians repugnant and since they still stand I am getting the impression it is the attitude of management as well. Follow the rules you set fourth if you want others to follow them. Leadership is by example.
I haven't seen the posts in question by KrisW but stating your views on a particular religion is not against the rules. There are all types of blanket statements made about all types of religions in LTUP. It is par for the course. LTUP is a place for users to banter topics like this about. Many users opt not to visit or partake in the LTUP section because posts like this aren't why they visit RCGroups. Not being a part of LTUP is always an option if it is offensive to you.

Quote:
Yes. Since first infraction he is like a diaper (On my butt) looking and looking to find fault, if he has a problem with me man up and discuss it. Otherwise lay off.
I'm sorry but the forum is too large to operate in this manner. As long as you don't break the rules there is nothing to worry about. You can edit your posts that are warned and your points will go away.

I hope this helps clear up some of the issues you have brought up. Have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for serving our country. I know we all appreciate it.
Administrator
Old Nov 21, 2011, 11:47 PM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
I will go over the topics point by point.

You are aware that is against the rules to personally attack an RCGroups member. Calling Punkie a troll is a personal attack. You accept that and have decided to not edit your post. That is always an option. By stating this again in the first post of this thread you might receive another point from a moderator.
I was not calling him a troll again, I was admitting to the crime I was accused of. I am not here to lie, I am better than that and I respect you enough to give you the straight story. Usually anywhere else I have been in life that was a favorable trait.

Quote:
You received a warning for having a logo in your avatar. Only site advertisers can promote a company with a logo. It is only fair for those that pay for the privilege.
I recieved the warning an the point at the same time, I need not have gotten that point for all anyone incharge had to do was simply ask. That avatar goes back to when I did advertise on the site. Sorry I just don't think about playing with pictures all the time at 53 years of age, I stop in read the flying wings post and leave, I hardly even post there these days.

Quote:
A statement like this is not RC related. It is political in nature. We do allow political posts, but only in the LTUP section of the site. That statement could also earn a point from a moderator for "flatulence".
I wanted NO MORE PROBLEMS, I did not want someone griping again, some people get set off easy, I spent a few hours deleting every post I made for the month of November so as not to tweak anyone else. I pretty much pulled up stakes and left the forum. I would not call that an attack, it was a retreat.

Quote:
I would be happy to help you here but the system controls the points and all points will eventually expire.
Can I remind the tech to keep it live when its getting short and boost it another year? I would also like to add that it would be nice if these points were shown to all users on a visit to the profile page. Just a thought, I will suggest it.

Quote:
The moderator is not picking nits. Posts are reported and the moderators look at the reports and determine if the post breaks a rules. Your avatar did break a rule so a warning was issued. This would be like a policeman giving you a ticket for going 60 MPH in a 40 MPH. The rule was broken and the moderator did his job.
As I said before, all I needed was a reminder. The point was not needed there. That point I would like excused. ANY staff member could have asked and it would have been done.

Quote:
I appreciate your direct approach to solving any issues with your posts but our moderators have to go over pages and pages of warnings every day. There is no way they can personally contact each user about each infraction. This is why we have the point system and it is the only interaction you can have with the moderator. If you ever feel you have been warned unfairly be sure to not edit the post and post in this forum that you would like an appeal. The owner of the site reviews each appeal personally.
Kindly ask him if he could see fit to remove the avatar point, again, all any staffer had to do was ask and I could have and would have easily put something else there or leave it blank.

Quote:
I haven't seen the posts in question by KrisW but stating your views on a particular religion is not against the rules. There are all types of blanket statements made about all types of religions in LTUP. It is par for the course. LTUP is a place for users to banter topics like this about. Many users opt not to visit or partake in the LTUP section because posts like this aren't why they visit RCGroups. Not being a part of LTUP is always an option if it is offensive to you.
I have a modest example of hate...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...y#post19481475

Quote:
I'm sorry but the forum is too large to operate in this manner. As long as you don't break the rules there is nothing to worry about. You can edit your posts that are warned and your points will go away.

I hope this helps clear up some of the issues you have brought up. Have a great Thanksgiving and thanks for serving our country. I know we all appreciate it.
While I am here explaining my statements I just got point 3. Tell me he is not picking nits. Completely uncalled for.

Thanks, it was fun. I got to go all the way to the other side of the earth twice and see some neat folks and strange food. But there is no place like being back home. You can eat a Big Mac in Tokyo, even eat KFC and all it makes you want to do is buy these items right here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:47 AM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Did you forget about me?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Let me know if you would like to appeal the point.
Administrator
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:19 PM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Let me know if you would like to appeal the point.
Yes I would. Since RCWorks has not been "live" in 4 years...

I am looking at one day opening it up, but I am still shopping for space.

I have 3 places I am looking at and I may be close to making an offer... but I have not cut a kit since I left California. Many supply issues here to overcome. I used to drive out and pick up foam, boxes, balsa and small parts, that does't happen here I'll tell you.(I am 50 miles from the nearest hobby shop, and foam will be from 2 states away. Boxes? Don't get me started...)
Thank you

Richard Culbertson
USN Ret.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Which point would you like to appeal? Please provide a link. Congrats on possibly opening a new store.
Administrator
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:15 PM
Disgruntled Member
Joined Aug 2003
1,629 Posts
Quote:
Which point would you like to appeal? Please provide a link. Congrats on possibly opening a new store.
The old avatar was the point I want appealed.

http://www.rcworks.com/index.html

I may open a store front in the front of the shop, but mostly I need the work space. I will be increasing the product line. While I am down I have been working the CAD files for some new stuff and stepping in to wood kits. I'd like to add composite construction as well... but that's later.

My old CNC foam cutter was getting worn, I decided not to start until I get tooled up for a good run. The new foam cutter is under construction, I have out done myself on the new design. (Yes, there will be a CD coming out, the update to my last one with a build documentation on the new one and what sets it apart from the herd. I am looking at building a laser cutter as well, seen one on youtube I am impressed with and I will build one along the same idea. (Only 1 Mirror.)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 02:27 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,306 Posts
Tell you what I can do. Since you replaced your avatar with an image that isn't a logo I could remove that point for you. Will that work for you?
Administrator