Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:27 PM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,865 Posts
Discussion
2012 Pacific Northwest Aerotow Schedule

Well, it's probably a bit early to start this thread, but information for next year's Pac NW aerotow season has already started trickling in, so we might as well get these dates out there for all you future planners.

We have a few new events that are being worked out for the 2012 aerotow season, along with the usual list of well-established annual events. As the calendar matures, additional events will be added, and dates will be confirmed as firm commitments come in from the event hosts. The aerotow events shown here are for the Pacific Northwest, i.e., the upper left corner of the USA, including western and eastern Washington, Oregon, Northern CA, and British Columbia. Other events, such as in California and the other Western States, will also be included, for those who like to travel with their gliders.

Please feel free to add news and updates to this thread on an ongoing basis. This is the place to ask for details, such as directions and accommodations, etc., from our veteran attenders. All dates are subject to change, so check back here often for updates (I will keep this first-post list of events up-to-date as required). So let's start sending in those invites and announcements! See all you glider addicts at the segelflugschleppens throughout the 2012 season. --- Don Bailey, glider junkie

Los Banos Scale Aerotow and Slope, Los Banos Reservoir, CA, Bruce DeVisser CD, Apr 21-22nd

Yakima Aerotow (13th Annual), Glessner's Field, Yakima, WA, Gene Cope CD May 4-6th (Fri-Sat-Sun)

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, May 26th 27th (new date)

Lewis & Clark Aerotow, Lewiston ID, Ted Wilkins CD, June 2-3 (New event this year!)

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, June 10th

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, July 15th

Monroe Aerotow (12th Annual), CMAA Field, Monroe WA, Don Bailey CD, July 27-29th (Fri-Sat-Sun) NEW DATE

Mission BC Aerotow (11th Annual), Anderson's Sod Farm, Dave Smith CD, Aug 10-12th (Fri-Sat-Sun) NEW DATE

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, Aug 19th

Goldendale August Aerotow (RC Sport Flyer magazine Open event), Yakima WA, Wil Byers CD, Aug 17-19th (Fri-Sat-Sun) EVENT CHANGED TO NEW VENUE-- Glessner's Field in Yakima

Skagit Aerotow, Concrete Airport, Concrete WA, Lynn King CD, Sept 7-9th NEW DATE

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, Sept 22nd 23rd NEW DATE

Last Chance Aerotow (3rd Annual), Wenatchee WA, Dave Jensen CD, Sept 29-30th (Sat-Sun) CANCELLED due to wildfires and thick smoke in the Wenatchee area

Portland (PASS) One-day, Hollin Airport, Brooks, OR, Jim Gibson CD, Oct 20th
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dgliderguy; Jan 15, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
Don I'm going to try to schedule the 3rd annual Last chance for Sept 29-30. I also want to tentativly schedule the August 25-26 weekend or Sept 1-2 for an event in the general area of Carnation to be anounced soon.
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:57 PM
Joined Apr 2006
802 Posts
wil is calling the alpine soaring event for 5-8jul with the caveat the flat field may not happen as the owner has the property on the market now.
balsabozo is offline Find More Posts by balsabozo
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:15 PM
CNC Cutter
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2005
8,483 Posts
Yeah ..Like it's going to move quickly in THIS market !
birdofplay is offline Find More Posts by birdofplay
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:27 AM
Where's the lift?
Joined Mar 2001
2,865 Posts
Portland one-day events added now. This is the third year for these events, and the venue is a really nice grass strip (Hollin Airport) with wide open skies all around.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Built Stinson 105
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:54 PM
Where's the lift?
Joined Mar 2001
2,865 Posts
Yakima Season Opener May 4-6

Gene Cope has sent out a pdf flyer for the Yakima Aerotow event in May, at Glessner's airstrip. They call this place Disappointment Field... yeah, right! For those who are not informed... bring lead! The thermals here are strong enough to suck the rust off a Buick!

Can't wait to see all the new toys for the 2012 season...
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dgliderguy; Jan 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Where's the lift?
Joined Mar 2001
2,865 Posts
Lewiston ID Aerotow June 2-3--- New Event!

New event this year, put on by the aerotow fans in Lewiston, Idaho, will be held out at Mann Lake Field 5 miles east of town. Tugs up to 100cc, great looking, wide-open site! More info to come.

[EDIT-- Don Hart sent in some pics of the field, so you can get an idea of what we mean by wide-open! Water hazard on the course, but only if you hook one over the back nine...]
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dgliderguy; Jan 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:15 PM
CNC Cutter
Joined Dec 2005
8,483 Posts
GAWD !!!
And I thought Cathlamet was Remote and difficult to get to, wheeeew !

I found the Lake and Flying site pretty easily on GooGle Earth
and it looks pretty neat.
Certaily NO looky Looz

Well Maybe IF I am still here.

I'll talk to Paul.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, OR, Lostine
Joined Dec 2007
108 Posts
Speak for yourself Bob. from where I sit, It's just over the hill.
CarPainter is offline Find More Posts by CarPainter
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
CNC Cutter
Joined Dec 2005
8,483 Posts
:-)))))

How ya been Bruce ?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 11:04 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Yea Bob!! Speak for yourself!! This place looks very nice.
dufek paul is offline Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:56 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Guys. If you listed your events with us last year on RCAeroTowing.com, please PM me. I can go into the database and just update your information, contact e-mail, etc. We really want to help promote your events and help get fresh blood into scale soaring. PM me if you have ways/ideas on how we can help you.

We do offer electronic registration that let's you know who's coming and all of their name, address, plane, AMA and other information. You will receive an e-mail when each person registers.

We're moving to much larger servers over the next two weeks and also retooling some of the main parts of the website, launching links, etc. Net result of all that's going on is that the website is slow while the forums are pretty much fine.

To list a new event: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/rcaeroto...aps.php?type=e

To list your flying site so folks can find you anytime: http://www.rcaerotowing.com/flying-sites.php

Let me know how we can help!
Steve
SPasierb is offline Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Jan 15, 2012, 05:10 PM
Veradale, WA
Joined Jun 2007
59 Posts
Mann's Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgliderguy View Post
New event this year, put on by the aerotow fans in Lewiston, Idaho, will be held out at Mann Lake Field 5 miles east of town. Tugs up to 100cc, great looking, wide-open site! More info to come.

[EDIT-- Don Hart sent in some pics of the field, so you can get an idea of what we mean by wide-open! Water hazard on the course, but only if you hook one over the back nine...]
Mann's Lake is a great place to fly. Flying over the lake is a No No since it is a nature preserve but wide open otherwise.

Art
Art_Boy is offline Find More Posts by Art_Boy
Old Jan 15, 2012, 07:58 PM
CNC Cutter
Joined Dec 2005
8,483 Posts
So .. um ... DO NOT bring our Float planes ?

Dang !
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:51 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,631 Posts
What about a DLG on floats?
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen