HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:10 AM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Fly-In
6th Annual TINY March 2, 3, and 4th 2012!!!

That's right boys the sixth annual

Fly-In and Challenge is just around the corner!!!

The last five years have been great events, and we want this year to be better than ever! Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

With one of the biggest venues offered for an indoor event in the Southwest, and our famous Texas hospitality, this promises to again be a lot of fun for pilots of all levels. There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80 " in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands. The landing fee will be $20 per day, or $50 for the 3 day weekend which will include 5 raffle tickets. While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the day, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to San Angelo Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

We will again have the contests, and again have three days of flying this year as well. Needless to say, there will be tons of open flying for all to enjoy.

And due the overwhelming amount of requests, we are again going to have the BBQ banquet catered by Dickies BBQ on Friday night about 6 pm. The cost should be around $10 per person again.

At this point we still have to hammer out all the details on the contest so stay tuned. Entry Fee is $10 for any contest, awards will be given for the top three places.

We usually divide the contests up and have some pattern on Friday evening and have a freestyle on Saturday evening that will be along the lines of the E.T.O.C. so you will need a 2 minute routine and soundtrack. It will be a great opportunity for skilled pilots to compete for first, second, and third prizes in a perfect indoor setting. The coliseum is equiped with a rocking sound system so this will be an awesome contest for pilots and spectators! We want to invite any and all professional flyers to come compete in this event, you won't find a better place to fly, or nicer folks than we have in West Texas. If you are planning on coming and want to compete or just hang out and fly, you will be welcomed.

Lodging

RV Hookups

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

I have negotiated a group rate of $69.95 at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Cafe and a Bar on the property as well. Ask for the "TINY R/C Fly In" rate, and it covers the 1st - 5th of March. This rate is for up to 4 persons per room, and you can have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation.

contact info:

Inn of the Conchos
2021 N. Bryant (U.S. 87 North) MAP
San Angelo, Texas 76903
Tel: 325-658-2811
Fax: 325-653-7560
1-800-621-6041
WEBSITE
EMAIL

Feel free to download our event flyer here and put it up in your local hobby shops, and email it to your firends!

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

Some pictures of the venue:

aeronot is offline Find More Posts by aeronot
Last edited by aeronot; Feb 13, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:08 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,222 Posts
Will be there for sure, even though I do harbor a fond dream of one day going to the huge Perry, Ga R/C swap meet that is always on the same weekend...
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:12 PM
Joined Feb 2007
177 Posts
Awesome!!!! Can't Wait Until March to see the Gang again!

Beat Ya to it Gary!
Txskywriter is offline Find More Posts by Txskywriter
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined Jul 2006
781 Posts
Looking forward to this, always a great event!
rmr24 is offline Find More Posts by rmr24
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:32 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,524 Posts
Yippee!!

Chad,

Dang you! I'm slowing down in my old age.

I can't wait! It's always a blast!

WooHoo!

Gary
sr71fan is offline Find More Posts by sr71fan
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2007
177 Posts
With any luck, i'll be bringing a "Jones Dark Deltoid" with me....... Always nice to have a rescue plane at the T.I.N.Y. Maybe i'll rig it with a "RESCUE" device of it's own!!!!
Txskywriter is offline Find More Posts by Txskywriter
Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:12 PM
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,524 Posts
Yeah; I was shooting for rescue number 9, but it wasn't to be.

They even tried to fish it out!

Gary
Old Nov 19, 2011, 04:52 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan View Post

Gary
wow, you've been rescued 8 times?

ok so I'm not suprised...
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:46 PM
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,524 Posts
Argh!
Old Nov 19, 2011, 08:43 PM
RC Bum 4 Hire
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined May 2004
1,138 Posts
Count me in, I will be there with kits to donate to the prize pile.

Chris
ChrisBowker is offline Find More Posts by ChrisBowker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Painted Bowker Yak 55 for sale
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan View Post

Gary
Maybe you need something with an FPV camera on it so you can aim and fire a harpoon into the airplane you are trying to rescue Then you can reel it back to you.

Richard
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:37 PM
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,524 Posts
And a sponsor to pay for it.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 09:45 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,873 Posts
I'll put up the first dollar.
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Old Nov 20, 2011, 08:23 AM
Allen, Texas
Joined Feb 2004
3,520 Posts
On my calendar.

Last year was my first attending this event and I had a great time.
davidsons is offline Find More Posts by davidsons
Old Nov 20, 2011, 05:23 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBowker View Post
Count me in, I will be there with kits to donate to the prize pile.

Chris
Awesome our first sponsor is on board!