HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:57 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
Discussion
Multi Rotor Heli for AP/AV for under $1000

Hey everyone. I would like to get into aerial photography and videography. I realize that for pro level results I could easily spend $10,000+, but I would like to get into something at a hobby level to get some experience and see how I like it. I would like to keep the cost under $1000 not including the camera. I already have a DX7SE that I would like to use for now. I plan to upgrade to something with more channels eventually but I was hoping the DX7SE would be good enough to get me started. I will most likely start with a gopro or point and shoot, but it would be nice to get into a platform that can eventually carry one of the lighter DSLRs. I've been reading for a couple of months now about all of the different platforms and with all of the options available i'm a bit lost as to which direction to go. What do you guys recommend for my budget? I was considering the Xaircraft X650 V8, but with all of the other options available i'm not sure that's the best choice. I realize there's going to be a lot of difference of opinion, but what do you guys think is the best bang for the buck?
artvscommerce is offline Find More Posts by artvscommerce
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:00 AM
Prog Rocker
Down South
Joined Jul 2009
334 Posts
Talk to Witespy. If I had to do it over, that's where I would start, considering your budget.
Camelboy is offline Find More Posts by Camelboy
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:20 AM
Swansea, Massachusetts
Joined Dec 2004
2,088 Posts
I've got a fleet of three multiwii copters, with a go pro, and a point and shoot, radio, batteries and charger that all together don't stand me near $1000. A good point and shoot is the most you'll probably need. no reason to risk the $$$$$ on a dslr.

The new gopro HD2 should be a good start
signguy is offline Find More Posts by signguy
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:39 AM
Joined Sep 2011
78 Posts
I like what I see with the new go pro. Does anyone know how the photo quality compares to comparable priced point and shoots? ($300)
artvscommerce is offline Find More Posts by artvscommerce
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,269 Posts
we have a ready to fly models that are awesome for a go pro system + fpv.

You can get some killer footage from a go pro.

I can do a custom build to if you need something special.

www.hoverthings.com is the website.

good for everything from AP to sport flying.

key chain cam test #2- witespy quad (2 min 12 sec)

mini witespy quad review (2 min 44 sec)

more FPV videos here:

http://www.hoverthings.com/gallery.html
witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Nov 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM.