SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:12 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Kings customer service from A+ to Z

Tittle says it all
Wishy washy CS from HK first 14 orders all is well next few it`s "Whats up'? go to there Online support and this is fine get answers quickly but the answers you get really does not give you (Or i should say ME) much satisfaction..Answer was basically...it is commming from the JIT warehouse....in other words We really don`t know please wait another 7 to 14 days...
My Last order i made was on OCT27th Not ONE of the items i orderd was out of stock(I made sure of that) I was expecting it to arrive at my door for the past few days like the order i made the same day from www.aircraft-world.com
(got it 4 days ago) i just got a email saying it was sent out TODAY....HK has nice prices....and at times i get my orders quick...other times....

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 01:41 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
you can't beat ACW for prompt shipping out of asia IMO. Would be hard for anyone to match let alone HK
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:02 AM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Just placed a small order from HK, via their website and all items ordered off their open site - not their 'US warehouse'. All items came from various sections of the website, are physically small overall and were all quoted as being in stock when I ordered them.

Got a little flurry of emails re the order being packed, prepped and shipped.

The final one, arriving early Friday AM, gives the following lawyerbabble, copied from their email:

YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE.

IMPORTANT
1) To check on the status of your order please log into your account on our website.
It can take up to 48hrs for the tracking details to become active within the postal system.
2) If you are unsure of the location of your parcel please contact the postal office in your country.
3) If your parcel arrives damaged or opened, DO NOT accept it unless you open the parcel in front of the courier/postman to check and count contents, or reject the parcel as being damaged and have it returned to sender and notify us straight away.

Regards
www.hobbyking.com

>>>

As all I've ordered from HK before was some lipo batteries from their US warehouse, which came pretty quickly, this will be an interesting spell ahead.

It does suggest that the instant satisfaction consumer who demands to be interrupted in placing online orders by the delivery guy banging on their front door is in for a hard time

Still, once China can build low cost manufacturing facilities in the US and staff them with local minimum wage low skill assembly workers, it should get better

Will keep you posted, if I stay awake on the matter.

Regards

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:08 AM
Australia, QLD, Deagon
Joined Oct 2011
53 Posts
same thing here..10 orders prompt and reliable.. last order misdirected to Zurich.. (I'm in Australia, not Austria.. ;P)

but I guess early orders for Xmas might be flooding the works and causing some confusion eh? ..Confusious say: "Patient man wait no longer than irate man, but suffer less bile."
omnivorr is offline Find More Posts by omnivorr
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:42 AM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
You can make yourself crazy trying to figure out when your HK order will arrive.

FWIW, of my 25 orders with HK, none took longer than three weeks or less than one week.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:17 AM
fmw
Joined Jul 2009
1,955 Posts
Be patient. They aren't in the customer service business. They are in the low price business. If you need something specific for a specific plane, then that isn't where to go. Order from them for items you might stock for later use or for planes that can sit for a while.

When they get a handle on customer service, they will begin putting everyone else out of business.
fmw is offline Find More Posts by fmw
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:22 AM
Visitor from Reality
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw View Post

When they get a handle on customer service, they will begin putting everyone else out of business.
Maybe if they could buy customer service from the US, they could copy it.

Works for everything else ...

D
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:43 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmw View Post
Be patient. They aren't in the customer service business. They are in the low price business. If you need something specific for a specific plane, then that isn't where to go. Order from them for items you might stock for later use or for planes that can sit for a while.

Excellent you hit the nail on the head
If your not in a rush order from HK .... Still 2
Weeks ti fill a order?? Its a
Little much..
Mal
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:40 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,527 Posts
41 orders from HK over the last 4-5 years. three from the USA warehouse.

Every single EMS order but one arrived in Texas in 7-8 days, including weekend days. The one that was delayed had lipos in it when they had to change shippers as HK EMS would no longer take lipos...that one took about 18 days.

Every single airmail order arrived in 10-12 days, including weekend days.

Their 45 day caveot has been around for a long time...non of my orders ever came anywhere near that duration.

I know some have had issues, but they are doing right by me.

Also, zero defects in any item ordered, except for one motor that had a loose magnet (was easy to fix)
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:05 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
41 orders from HK over the last 4-5 years. three from the USA warehouse.

Every single EMS order but one arrived in Texas in 7-8 days, including weekend days. The one that was delayed had lipos in it when they had to change shippers as HK EMS would no longer take lipos...that one took about 18 days.

Every single airmail order arrived in 10-12 days, including weekend days.

Their 45 day caveot has been around for a long time...non of my orders ever came anywhere near that duration.

I know some have had issues, but they are doing right by me.

Also, zero defects in any item ordered, except for one motor that had a loose magnet (was easy to fix)
Don't rule out the US Postal Service as part of the 45 day caveat. I had an order that shipped from HK in 5 days. After a week I used the tracking number to find out the package entered the country in NY. I would have expected San Francisco or some city on the west coast. Over three weeks later I started calling the post office to try and find out why my package was still in NY. Got a story about holding the package in a secure storage facility. You terrorist and all. After that line of bull he told me I should expect my package in week. Almost 6 weeks later I received my package. Lesson is if you want it tomorrow HK shouldn't be your first choice. Any idiot in the process can hold up your order anywhere.
bullseye000 is online now Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:29 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
IDIOTS! Idiots everywhere
Geez you would think you would get decent postal service once they get over minimum wage

Mal
Old Nov 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
Intentionally left blank
Joined Aug 2005
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
Still, once China can build low cost manufacturing facilities in the US and staff them with local minimum wage low skill assembly workers, it should get better
Interestingly I was listening to a radio program last week which was discussing a similar scenario, return of outsourced manufacturing to USA. Was discussing the rise of costs in China, their lack of skilled labour and the weak US economy. Predicted the trend to get into swing by 2015 (already started apparently).

Perhaps HK is already planning for this with the setup of local supply and warehousing.
Magrat is offline Find More Posts by Magrat
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:43 AM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
:So As of today it shows it was ACKNOWLEDGED at sorting center...:confusedI wouldn`t complian so much if they didn`t tell me it would be 4 to 7 days
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:44 PM
Visitor from Reality
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Okay, cast of one here - but the HK order I posted about above arrived today, 25 Nov.

Seven days from where-ever since I got an email saying it had set off from that end. 'Not bad' one has to say in due praise.

Okay, four servos, couple of RX, and some oddments. But well packed and here pretty smoothly all round.

D
Old Nov 25, 2011, 05:10 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
20,946 Posts
That's better than I've ever gotten. My latest order is running longer than usual...USPS must have a full basket.
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy