Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Glennie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:32 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
WTB aerobatic park-flyer or similar...

Hi, guys; I've been on and off for weeks about whether to order a Potensky Eagle from HL. I'm still a clumsy pilot,but the things I read about the Eagle make me think it would be durable enough and slow enough for me to learn with it, and still have some fun with a plane still there at the end of the training weeks.
That said, I usually have bought used planes, so am wondering if someone has something used which would be durable with good performance at about the same money as the Eagle. ($140 with motor, prop and ESC)
I don't really care for the "stick" configuration type plane, as it just doesn't look real enough for me, nor am I interested in a Crazy Max. Aside from those two considerations, I'm really looking! Anyone have something neat? Glen Priest
Glennie is offline Find More Posts by Glennie
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:40 PM
Central Virginia
Joined Jul 2003
67 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Build a fan fold plane. The 3dX plans are available on the foamie forum. Cheap. Easy to build. Cheap. Flys slow or hovers. Amazing aerobatics in a very small area. Did I mention cheap??

......Bill
Monte SS is offline Find More Posts by Monte SS
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:57 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Thanks for the idea, Bill; I've tried a few homie foamies, but I'm just no danged good at it! I did get a meat tray foamie fairly close to being ready, but building just doesn't appear to be my thing Glen
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:04 AM
Phoenix,Arizona, United States
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Trader Rating: 85
I have a fairly worn Vertical RC Katana i would be willing to sell.

Check them out at
http://www.verticalrc.com/katana.htm and let me know if your interested

Dylan
Dylwad is offline Find More Posts by Dylwad
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:37 AM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
heres a picture of my Katana. it looks pretty much the same, but not as clean anymore. the only minor crash its had was an inverted landing, popped the nose off... and was back in the air 10 minutes later.

Dylan
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Hmmm... You've got me thinking, Dylan! What stuff might it come with, and what kind of money are we thinking of? Thanks for reading! Glen
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:53 AM
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Jan 2001
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
park flyer

Hi there,

I have a Tumblewatt I would like to sell. It is covered in clear and orange with military markings...looks pretty good.

It has a high v speed 400 motor and prop in it now (by high v I mean it is meant to run with 8-10 cells...it has a lower RPM/volt and swings a bigger prop)

The servos do not come with it but the motor could. I can ship in the cont. US for $55 including the motor. I am cleaning out a bit...your gain here.

Steve

steveo64@earthlink.net
steveo64 is offline Find More Posts by steveo64
Old Sep 26, 2003, 10:58 AM
Raleigh, NC, USA
Joined Jan 2001
80 Posts
Trader Rating: 66
Tumblewatt Picture

I have a couple of pictures if you would like me to e-mail them. I can't seem to make them small enough to post.

Steve
steveo64 is offline Find More Posts by steveo64
Old Sep 26, 2003, 12:07 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Thanks, Steve; I would love to see some pics! Glen bevglen@bright.net
Old Sep 26, 2003, 05:39 PM
Joined Jun 2002
4,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glennie
Hmmm... You've got me thinking, Dylan! What stuff might it come with, and what kind of money are we thinking of? Thanks for reading! Glen
It can come with anything you want if your willing to pay for it. as it sits right now its a bare airframe, no servos/esc/rx or motor. The airframe is made of injection molded eps foam, very strong and stiff. it was $65 new for the kit, which for the quality i think is a reasonable price, i did however change a few things about it when i built it, like using sewn hinges and making the control surfaces built up. it is a 4 channel aerobatic 3D capable airframe, and will take lots of abuse. the Tumblewatt is a 3 channel, very lightweight-turns into toothpicks when it hits the ground type of plane.

Ill put the price of $45 on the airframe alone. We will have to see what shipping costs will be.
I can include and install servos if you want, and include a motor/gearbox esc. Priced accordingly.
The plane has a slot molded in for a GWS pico RX. and i have quite a few battery packs that fit it that i would be willing to part with.

Let me know,

Dylan

more info and pics here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=katana
Last edited by Dylwad; Sep 26, 2003 at 05:45 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:27 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
I have a Simprop Cap 231EX with the Acro Drive + power system with a GWS 15 amp ESC. It has been crashed but has been since fixed. It flies perfectly fine. I'd give it about a 7/10 for its condition. I will be posting some pics of it sooner or later on here. The plane goes for $109, motor $59, and ESC $29, I'm looking to get $100 shipped for it. I also have 2 battery packs that come with it. 8 cell maxell 720 Ni-Mh's, and an 8 cell 5/3 AAA Ni-Mh.

Jason
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Sep 26, 2003, 06:37 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Thanks for the expanded info, Dylan! I had a T-Watt for awhile I took in on a "trade" (A very long story you probably don't want to know about! : - ) ) but never did anything with it but look at it. I sold it to one of our 'Zoner buddies, am I'm not for certain he has put it up yet,either! I'm about sure most of my flights today, had they been on the T-Watt or maybe even your Katana, would have resulted in severe destruction. As it was, there was too much wind even for my T-52; I only have a geared S-400 right now, and I took off the landing gear. The prop continues to turn under power with both the throttle and trim shut down, SOOooo, I broke three props! I did get in several flights, but the danged orange things break on me if I only glance int their direction so I think very soon I am going to try the Vario-Prop deal.
I'd like to know what you have to have for your plane, with proper motor, gear box and servos, and we'll go from there.
If you have a used ESC at a fair price, that could be good, too.
I'm sure if I get the T-Watt, I would have to be limited to putting it up with much less wind than we seem to have had all summer. The T-52 and, oddly enoughmy hacked Wingo seem to be able to stand *lots* of wind. The reason I'm having trouble with the T-52 is that I temporarily had to take out the Mag Mayhem and MA box and 12 inch folder; THAT set-up seemed to be able to handle a gale! Thanks for any further info! Glen P.
Old Sep 26, 2003, 09:18 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Jason, thanks for the offer, and I'll be tickled to see some pics of your plane! Do you have servos in it, and can it take some less than skillful piloting? I'm ancient and clumsy with the sticks, but I do fine with the Sky Scooter, Wingo, T-52 ,etc. I just haven't ever had a plane that pushed the envelope, and I'm hoping I can find out whether I can do that sort of thing on a plane that is durable and strong! Glen
Old Sep 27, 2003, 01:39 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,176 Posts
Trader Rating: 109
Quote:
Originally posted by Glennie
................. I had a T-Watt for awhile I took in on a "trade" (A very long story you probably don't want to know about! : - ) ) but never did anything with it but look at it. I sold it to one of our 'Zoner buddies, am I'm not for certain he has put it up yet,either!
..what a coincidence ..........the TUMBLEWATT had her maiden TODAY....!

Was a bit brezzy, but she is going to be FUN...!

Your correct about it being a bit of a handfull ......gotta go with modest control throws for a start....

Bill
retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Old Sep 27, 2003, 01:40 PM
Canada's East Coast, "An Ocean Playground"
Joined Apr 2002
4,176 Posts
Trader Rating: 109
..airborn..

retiredVTT is offline Find More Posts by retiredVTT
Closed Thread