HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:04 AM
France, IdF, Châtenay-Malabry
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Help!
Osd graphical error and internal error

I did not fly with my osd pro for some time. Now I just mounted it onto my multiwiicopter and updated the firmwares (yesterday). today I did 4 fpv flights. When flying FPV after about 2 minutes, many of the characters disappeared from the display, such as part of the voltage or 3 first numbers of MAh. Second flight I got a message "graphical error - email support". Third flight I got the message "OSD internal error 1A0000 - email support". Fourth flight was ok and nothing disappeared. What should I do?
glambert is offline Find More Posts by glambert
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Up...
Old Nov 18, 2011, 02:28 PM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glambert View Post
Up...
Email support at EagleTree.

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Support/support.html
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:37 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi Glambert,

Did you open a ticket with us? If so, we will follow up with you there.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
I did. So far no response. Greg
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:36 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
Hi Greg,

Is this resolved for you?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 30, 2011, 06:26 AM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Yes, I got a message asking to return it but I first decided to update again the firmwares. This resolved the issue, so far. Thanks, Gregory.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 06:55 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Hum...I just updated my OSD and V3 logger firmware to the 10.04 (v5.92 for V3 logger and 2.81 I think for the OSD Pro) after not using it for a while too. Now I'm getting some video warping (only sometimes) and I get an error 1A0000 displayed on the screen...ouch...GPS seems to be working, and I can get sat 10 and GPS locations...Voltage and current on pack look ok...not flying or anything, so, bit worried about that.
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:59 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,906 Posts
HI Jhondra, good to hear from you!

The video warping is likely related to the 0x1A error. I think there may be a problem with your ground connection somewhere - this is usually what causes this type of issue. If only the OSD text is warping, but not the video itself, it's most likely an issue with the ground connection between the OSD and the camera.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 21, 2011, 07:29 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
HI Jhondra, good to hear from you!

The video warping is likely related to the 0x1A error. I think there may be a problem with your ground connection somewhere - this is usually what causes this type of issue. If only the OSD text is warping, but not the video itself, it's most likely an issue with the ground connection between the OSD and the camera.

Good to hear from you too, Bill. I've had real life interrupt my FPV for the last year, but finally settling down (I hope), and getting some time to play!

I think I figured out what was going wrong. My BESC wasn't powering the 5v to the OSD Pro...so was probably pulling from eLogger via the connector. Anyway, once I resolved that, it all seems better.

I panicked for a while that I burnt something out when my second battery monitor showed 17v on my 3S LIPO...then finally found the post that you had changed the resistor from 10k to 15k a bit back...phew!!

ELogger still seems to be getting a LOT hotter than I remember it getting even with no motor load or anything. Gotta look into that more...might have to see if it goes away if I remove the backup 5v plugged into USB power/gnd port. It seemed to get hot when plugged into the PC USB to zero the current sensors too...
Old Dec 26, 2011, 03:00 PM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
421 Posts
I had the same error after a firmware update lately. I also hadn't been using my ET system for a while prior to the firmware update. The error showed up right after the update. I repeated the process and it seemed it went away but I didn't test it extensively. I am hoping I am not going to see it again...
I did not make any wiring change in my system. I don't think mine could be related to grounding issue. Also I didn't experience warping text or video...
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Dec 26, 2011, 08:43 PM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
One thing you might want to warn folks about, Bill, is I think my USB port on my PC is "underpowered" and when I update FW with everything attached (GPS, Altimeter, Airspeed, Microphone, OSD Pro, eLogger) I think it causes the FW flash to not work or "brown out". Sometimes it doesn't complete successfully, or the OSDPro becomes un-detected unless I unplug all but JUST THE OSDPro and eLogger. I managed to repeat the issue flashing it with everything connected, and then I fixed it by reflashing with only the OSD Pro and eLogger connected, pretty consistently...

FYI.

Jeff
Last edited by Jhondra; Dec 29, 2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:48 AM
Joined Aug 2010
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskoos View Post
I had the same error after a firmware update lately. I also hadn't been using my ET system for a while prior to the firmware update. The error showed up right after the update. I repeated the process and it seemed it went away but I didn't test it extensively. I am hoping I am not going to see it again...
I did not make any wiring change in my system. I don't think mine could be related to grounding issue. Also I didn't experience warping text or video...
This is exactly what I had.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:58 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
421 Posts
Well, well, well... That might just be my problem too. I too did power the entire system thru a USB during the firmware upgrade and I had bunch of sensors plugged it at the time.
Next time when I do firmware upgrade, I will MAKE sure to connect a flight battery to elogger OR unplug unnecessary sensors...

Thanks for the tip and happy new year
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos