HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Bringinitallback, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:16 AM
United States, IN, Aurora
Joined Apr 2006
123 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
Found
Techone or small thing to fly in small space

I can't fly any regular Ultra Micro's. The space is 40x40 with 14ft ceilings, but it is a work space, with posts, hoists, wires dangling, bathroom fitted in, big pieces of equipment. Jobs all over the place. I can fly my night vapor in it, no prob. But, well.. that aint all that fun.

I saw the techone stuff and thought... maybe. Just maybe.
Bringinitallback is offline Find More Posts by Bringinitallback
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:10 AM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
915 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
Id say a micro heli would be good for that space. A msr or mcpx if you can fly a CP heli. The walkera genius heli looks cool. Have you tried a um 4site? I've seen video of them flying in some awfully tight places.
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Apr 2006
123 Posts
I'll check out the 4site. I've got an msr,mcpx, 2 450's (I fly it here, but not enough room to really *fly*) this is where I work, and things are hanging everywhere., 120sr, 600e (not here, not a chance . My night vapor stopped flying right. It won't gain altitude, but honestly.. it's not challenging enough. I'm a decent heli pilot, but I just don't have much experience with 4 channel planes. I want to practice this winter. I can fly my night vapor in my smallish house. Down the hall, through the kitchen, through the pass thru into the game room, through the game room in to the living room, loop it through another hallway and start over Some blind flying but my house is pretty open.

I just dumped my Edge 540 bp outside, total pilot error, I need to practice. I can fly 4 channels in Realflight like it's nothing... but I just destroyed my 540 in like a 300 acre field...oops. Not enough real life practice. I felt like I didn't have control. No muscle memory.

The only um I have is a mustang... and there's no way I can handle that in here. I'll bet someone could It'd be interesting. I'll check out that 4site, looks cool.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
267 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
I'm not sure if the Techones are small enough for your are or not, but I noticed in an Towerhobbies e-mail today that a few of their ARFs are on sale for $15 right now. Might be worth taking a look at Tower's website if you're looking for one of those.
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is online now Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:47 PM
Joined Apr 2006
123 Posts
I ordered two of those. Mini Piaget and a p51. Can't beat those prices. The flight pack is steep, but... well... I did it anyway. I priced everything at hk and it came to 20 bucks worth of saving. I think I'd rather have it before Christmas.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still looking at the 4site. So, maybe... if anyone wants to reserve a Mini Piaget that clipped a 460vac 3 phase line hanging from the ceiling , skipped off of a 500hp DC motor and landed in a vat of varnish... go ahead... and reserve it
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:53 AM
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Jan 2011
267 Posts
Trader Rating: 41
That's awesome, hope you enjoy them

I've never had a techone, but I might have to pick one up as well. The superjet looks like a lot of fun especially at $14.99. That flight pack though... You're right about it being steep, don't think I could go that route.

I'm sure I have a motor that would work well, but no 2.5g servos or a lightweight esc.
I didn't see a battery recommendation on the flight pack either, what do they need?

heck, if that thing lands in a vat of varnish, hang it up to try and then mount it on a plaque! Sounds like a nice trophy

Oh, and I've got a micro 4-site: lots of fun, but I don't find myself flying it for more than 1 or 2 batteries at a time. Bought two at 2 different swap meets actually, one for $50 and one for $40. If you find one that cheap, go for it! - it's surely be worth it just to try.
-Jeff
midnightsabotage is online now Find More Posts by midnightsabotage
Old Nov 17, 2011, 08:01 AM
Joined Apr 2006
123 Posts
I only bought one flight pack, cuz... that price is rediculous
But, I bought 2 models, cuz ... that price is rediculous

And, it'd sure be funny if I misspelled rediculous 3 times in 3 sentences.

So, if you find a cheaper motor/esc/servo setup, hit me up. I need a second batch.

I think it needs 2s 200 mah to 300mah. Although, 1s might do it with the right motor,esc combo.

I'm going to use 2 micro batteries in series. Like the ones from my night vapor or mcpx. I just have to order connectors to make the cable. I'm pretty sure I have spare mcpx connectors, but I don't know if that plane will lift that weight.

Maybe I'll do a review when it comes in. It looks like a one night project, so hopefully...I've got so many projects going on right now
Closed Thread