HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:11 PM
Low rates are for wimps
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812 View Post
Anyone know what is different from 550 to 600? The parts are almost the same apart a longer tail tube or the frame parts are different?
Most of the frame parts are the same. The difference between the two is quite minor.
bwoollia is online now Find More Posts by bwoollia
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:22 AM
South Africa, GP, Midrand
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonjams View Post
just for general info maidened my kds 600 today with soft radio settings, 10 min flight with no issues. just took it easy. never had a problem with tail belt pulley alignment, as read in this thread. why would the pulley fail?
If you're referring to the alignment issue, I believe that it mostly comes from the manual. I eventually ignored the manual and figured out how the stack goes together myself, and I got a much better result.

I also broke a tail pulley on landing. I thought that it broke by itself, however after I noticed that the tail blades were pretty banged-up, I'm not so sure anymore. I could have tapped the tail, or they connected the ground after the pulley failed. I honestly don't think that I tapped the tail, but it's possible. As predicted, the heli went to full negative pitch when the pulley failed. Luckily only 3" off the ground. How I never had a boom-strike, I'll never know.

Either which way, that pulley is quite fragile, and should be changed to a metal one ASAP.
Adventurer21 is offline Find More Posts by Adventurer21
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
679 Posts
Question - with the ebar, what settings of the radio are effective or not? After taming the radio settings, even with lower rate of 60% on radio, the swash seemed to have the same throw? And the heli was still quite responsive to inputs. Ebar has different settings for tame to wild (agility settings - precise-medium-vivid), how does setting the expo rates on the radio change these, if at all?
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Apr 06, 2012, 08:56 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Quote:
Question - with the ebar, what settings of the radio are effective or not? After taming the radio settings, even with lower rate of 60% on radio, the swash seemed to have the same throw? And the heli was still quite responsive to inputs. Ebar has different settings for tame to wild (agility settings - precise-medium-vivid), how does setting the expo rates on the radio change these, if at all?
The swash throw will always be the same, regardless of your settings. The Ebar essentially holds onto as much throw as it can to apply to stabilization.

You can always tame it down with increased expo or decreased throws on your transmitter.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Dec 2011
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoollia View Post
The swash throw will always be the same, regardless of your settings. The Ebar essentially holds onto as much throw as it can to apply to stabilization.

You can always tame it down with increased expo or decreased throws on your transmitter.
Thanks - appreciated. Taking it slowly and find the response wonderfully direct and fast compared to my mcpx and 450's (not FBL), so takes some concentration and getting used to. I have noticed that increasing gain seems to have made it more stable to stick inputs, and that is good. If the Ebar maximises throw for stabilisation, how would decreasing the tx throw (set at 60%) make it less responsive? At stationary, set up dual rates (ele. ail, rudd) at 100 (0) and 60 (1). Yet the throws seem identical when I give max stick inputs, which is different from my other helis. Wow, is my tail stable (and VERY responsive to stick inputs, compared to what I am used to). Keeping a watch on the tail drive plastic pulley, seems ok so far, but not doing anything dramatic but slow flying
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:51 PM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Quote:
If the Ebar maximises throw for stabilisation, how would decreasing the tx throw (set at 60%) make it less responsive? At stationary, set up dual rates (ele. ail, rudd) at 100 (0) and 60 (1). Yet the throws seem identical when I give max stick inputs, which is different from my other helis.
The difference on a FBL helicopter is that the gyro receives the input from the transmitter (through the receiver) and the gyro moves the servos until the helicopter responds. If it's sitting on the ground (not moving in response to the gyro's commands) the gyro will move to max deflection.

Essentially, the gyro will interpret the stick positions from the transmitter as commands to move the helicopter at a certain rate. If at full rates (100%) the gyro interprets full stick as 360 degrees per second (hypothetically), 50% rates would give you a maximum of 180 degrees per second, essentially taming the helicopter down.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 03:16 PM
South Africa, GP, Midrand
Joined Mar 2011
101 Posts
Quote:
The agility setting affects the amount of stick input that is used by the EBar. The effect is the same as reduced rates. Use precise if you find the helli to be a handfull. These are set with the programmer and not on the radio(although this would be nice). You can reduce the rates still further on the radio if you want, buy only after the EBar has learnt what your 100% stick throw looks like.
Adventurer21 is offline Find More Posts by Adventurer21
Old Apr 10, 2012, 02:02 AM
Joined Dec 2011
679 Posts
Quote:
Apologies - with more time on my hands and going through the set up more carefully, the reduced rates does reduce the throw of the swash. It just still has so much movement at 60% rate that it did not look like it was being reduced (perhaps partially compensated for by the ebar). So mystery solved just by better observation. I can also clearly see the movements effects of the expo settings. Thanks to all for their inputs and comments - very helpful.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
It has been a while since my last post. But, our 700 was shelved until needed upgrades were introduced.

We now have;

DFC Head
aluminum tail drive pulley (absolute must)
aluminum idler pulley
main gear hub with support bearings
longer batt plate
shorter boom/belt
tail hub/grip

I have discovered some QC issues with the main grip on the DFC head. Run your finger through where the blades would contact the grip. If you feel the burrs, you need to knock them flush and bevel the edges slightly so the grip will not eat through the blades.

This is our flight from IRCHA last week.

10 Year Old Justin Jee - KDS Innova700 - IRCHA - 2012-08-18 (4 min 36 sec)
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Hi guys,

Has anybody tried v2 Innova yet? I am looking forward to order it however cannot find any suppler.
SSlup is offline Find More Posts by SSlup
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:57 AM
plank n shankbone pilot
Dumont, NJ
Joined Feb 2005
869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSlup View Post
Hi guys,

Has anybody tried v2 Innova yet? I am looking forward to order it however cannot find any suppler.
The upgrades mentioned above are incorporated into the v2 frame. So, you can say the above IS v2.
red_z06 is offline Find More Posts by red_z06
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,322 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHMX View Post
In fact, there should be an original Spektrum receiver that Orange Rx one was cloned from too if I'm not mistaken.
The Orange RX recievers aren't direct clones, they're just cheap DSM2 compatible receivers. Spectrum uses an off the shelf RF chip and anyone can easily design a compatible receiver or transmitter for it without having to directly clone anything. All that's needed is a Cypress RF chip some sort of programmable microcontroller and the firmware to run it. Hackers even managed to get the Walkera radios talking DSM2 recently with a third party firmware update. They use the same RF chip as Spectrum, so it was just a matter of writing new firmware.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Oct 10, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 09:39 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idCategory=730

I was looking for a 550e with belt drive for my next heli. 400 bucks has me sold, now I just need to scrounge up the cash...
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:30 AM
Low rates are for wimps
Joined May 2008
3,425 Posts
Yes, and parts are available too!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:35 PM
Umm what just flew off my ship
Joined Jan 2010
1,016 Posts
Zynbar,
Your gonna love the thing, its a very responsive heli with the stock electronics.

Red Z
It was a blast hanging out with you and Justin at IRCHA. I appreciate all the help getting my Innova 700 back in the air. Please tell Justing thanks again for taking it up for a spin.... It was a great time

Some pictures of her while I was taking the long way back to Houston from IRCHA.... Here she is at the BadLands in South Dakota.
GhostFlyer1 is offline Find More Posts by GhostFlyer1