Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by kksejwilson, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:55 PM
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Sold
Great Planes Pitts Special 1/3 scale ARF

I have an ARF that is ready to go. I have a jr R700 rx with a jr XP662 tx.
All the options listed below.
I have added the alum spinner and a smoke system.

Crowd-pleasing performance... pilot-pleasing ease!
From 1944 to now, the Curtiss Pitts-designed Pitts Special has racked-up more aerobatic victories than any other type of aircraft. That kind of success speaks volumes towards the design excellence of Curtiss-Pitts – and it's a great reason to make Great Planes' 1/3 scale ARF your introduction to the world of high-flying aerobatic exhilaration! Amazingly, there are hardly any R/C models of this aviation legend on the market – which make the Great Planes' Almost-Ready-to-Fly version of the Curtiss Pitts Special all the more engaging to you experienced pilots looking to expand your aerobatic skills, without spending a lot of time building.

It's scaled down from factory drawings to capture the original's true proportions.

The sturdy, lightweight, all-wood airframe and wings come precovered in Top Flite® MonoKote®, with a fiberglass cowl and wheel pants painted to match.

The fiberglass interplane struts are painted to match covering, and make installation and removal of the top wing much easier; flying wires add a realistic touch with little extra effort.

The generous supply of Great Planes hardware includes wheels, a scale tailwheel and decals.

Like the wheel pants, the fiberglass cowl is painted to match the MonoKote trim scheme.

All control surface servos have shorter linkages for fast, dependable response and more manuevering muscle.

SPECIFICATIONS
Top Wingspan: 68.5 in (1740 mm)
Bottom Wingspan: 64.3 in (1630 mm)
Wing Area: 1303 in˛ (84 dm˛)
Weight: 14-16 lb (6.35-7.25kg)
Wing Loading: 25-28 oz/ft˛ (75-85 g/dm˛)
Length: 70 in (1780 mm)
2.5 cu in (41 cc) gasoline engine, I have installed a 50cc which is included
6 channel radio w/6-8 servos

Engine: Zenoah 50cc. With the pitts style muffler.
$700.00 plus shipping and handling.
kksejwilson is offline Find More Posts by kksejwilson
Last edited by kksejwilson; Nov 15, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: add pic's
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
USA, KS, Haysville
Joined Dec 2010
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
PM sent
Guardbum115 is offline Find More Posts by Guardbum115
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:07 PM
Joined Dec 2006
18 Posts
Would you ship to the UK?
TheDogsNutts is offline Find More Posts by TheDogsNutts
Old Nov 24, 2011, 08:33 AM
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
SURE. I would ship to anywhere. But you will have to pay shipping and handling charges. This means I would get some quality boxes, wrapping and tape. Or if you want I can ship via UPS. They can wrap it up as well.
Thanks for your interest
kksejwilson is offline Find More Posts by kksejwilson
Closed Thread